Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 09-29-2022, 10:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
It is Julio Iglesias Birthday; so they call in a 15 year old Alizee to sing Moi, Lolita to him ! The audience seems to be there mostly for Alizee, though ! Ha!
This is an original Lolita so Alizee uses different Eye and Facial expressions as well as hand movements than she later did. So I think it is important to watch and preserve. Julia, though, I think only speaks Spanish, while Alizee only speaks French, so they have to have the announcer interpret between them ! Alizee gets a record Award; perhaps Lolita hs sold a million copies at this point ? !
It looks like he was really in awe of Alizée. Maybe too much in awe. Too bad he was in his late 50s at the time. One of his sons, Enrique who has done very well himself as a singer would've been a better match but he was only around 10 at the time.

http://youtu.be/9sg-A-eS6Ig
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is Julio Iglesias Birthday; so they call in a 15 year old Alizee to sing Moi, Lolita to him ! The audience seems to be there mostly for Alizee, though ! Ha!
This is an original Lolita so Alizee uses different Eye and Facial expressions as well as hand movements than she later did. So I think it is important to watch and preserve. Julia, though, I think only speaks Spanish, while Alizee only speaks French, so they have to have the announcer interpret between them ! Alizee gets a record Award; perhaps Lolita hs sold a million copies at this point ? !
That performance was broadcasted on the 2000-10-07, on Tapis Rouge.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:26 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Thank You, Scruffy ! Julio is to old for her ! Ha!

Edit:

Thank You; Noppo555 ! If you see this Why do you and Scruffy have Numbers after your names like 777 and 555 ?

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 10-01-2022 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-01-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:

Edit:

Thank You; Noppo555 ! If you see this Why do you and Scruffy have Numbers after your names like 777 and 555 ?
For me, the name Scruffy, then7 and Scruffy 77 were already taken, so I moved on to 777.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Edit:

I might as well explain the name too.
When I was married and living in Florida, I had worked for Eastern express airline. They folded when Eastern folded and I was out of work for a while. We moved up to Georgia and moved into a trailer park which was a low point of our lives. There I got a job working for Gulfstream Aerospace.

We already had 2 pound dogs and a rescue cat. There was a terrier (Scruffy) who we'd see roaming around the area. Then one day, my wife saw the local animal control officer take the dog away. She went down, I think it was that day and brought Scruffy to her new home. We found out she had a severe case of heartworms and the vet said the treatment for it might very well kill her but she had it and survived. She was a great dog.

About 22 years ago, I moved up to Boston and got a job with a major airline. One of the planes I worked on was a 777, Boeing that is so maybe I could say that's what it stands of, but it isn't. In fact, when I retired 2 years ago, the last plane I worked on was a 777. I just had to change a navigation light. It's the one in the picture.

As I mentioned it was on I believe a Comcast e-mail account. I tried for the username Scruffydog and it was taken, so I just added 7s until I found a name that wasn't and I've used that combination on just about every other site I go to.

The picture of me came from a group picture in Paris when I met up with several members of the Alizée forum. We were there for an Alizée concert that was cancelled.

scruffydog777 avatar icon.jpg
Old 10-04-2022, 06:21 AM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Edit:

Because it looks kewl, brah; no ulterior motive about it.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

These are outtakes from Les Enfoirés 2011.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ahM...ew?usp=sharing

Alizee outtakes50.jpg
Old 10-11-2022, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what has happened to Robert Rein? He has been a very devoted fan of Alizée. He's put out over 1000 videos, and he has over 50,000 followers on YouTube. But it seems like he has not been heard from in over a year.

rob50.jpg
Old 10-20-2022, 05:20 PM

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-20-2022 at 05:23 PM..
Old 10-26-2022, 01:30 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Noppo555 I had to look up what kewl and brah meant Ha!

I've lived such a sheltered life ; I had to look up what kewl and Brah meant Ha!
Here's one you may not have heard
Gangbusters !
Something or someone who is really Great is Gangbusters !
As when you might be describing Alizee to someone; you would say she is Gangbusters ! Ha!