Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 PM

suzybananasplit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
I agree. She does not seem to desire going that far with her career. I think she likes sleeping in her own bed at night when possible.

Not necessarily. As I have said in another post, there are a great many singers and actors that keep themselves out of the tabloids. If you are not doing anything "newsworthy" to these people they will leave you alone. When Alizée is promoting an album she will be in the news because she wants to be there. But during her downtime she is not going to out and get drunk in public and end up in the tabloids.

No need. She is already signed with RCA/SonyBMG and they are a global company.

Grr.. I actually thought this today at work. It is VERY annoying when instructions or labels are written in Spanish in an English speaking country. And this was on an official company paper. Thankfully I do not normally work at that location, I'm just filling in there for someone.

This *IS* a big pet peeve for most Americans for one simple reason: When we travel to their country we are expected to use their language, but they get pissed off when we want them to speak English while they are here.

I don't know why this seems to only be a problem for Spanish speakers. Stereotyping be damned, but it is true from what I have seen. I work with one guy that moved here from Puerto Rico over 20 years ago and still can barely speak English. Another guy learned English when he moved here from France and can speak it better than me.

Ok, done ranting. That one just hit be at a bad time.

Totally agreed. I think you hit it right on.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i think she would be successful here if she had several break out songs in english, since thats what it takes and thats how its always been for many foreign artists. sure you can still stick to your own language in your own venue, but a few english songs i think would make a huge impression. hell, she's done english versions of several of her older songs, and even a cover of an english song from an american artist. mix that in with a little exposure (cuz how the hell can she make it big here if she doesnt have exposure), and i think you gotta recipe for success.

but for some reason i want her to stay in her own venue. of course visit us, but i like the fact that she doesnt want superstardom.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
The company would have no basis to sue her over the Tinkerbell tattoo unless she used it for specific commercial purposes. Thosuands of people in this country have tattoos of trademarked characters, including Disney ones, and nobody has ever been sued for it. Even if the company did try to go after her, which they wouldn't, it's unlikely they would succeed.

I agree about the language thing - it would be nice if people could open their minds at least enough to not care if other people enjoy something. Sadly, many people can't make that step. I do indeed hope she comes to see us :-)
What blew my stack was how people would say Freedom Fries over French Fries. Ever since Iraq of 2003 thats been happening. France isn't NATO anymore, hasn't been since 1966 if I recall. EVERYONE needs to learn that it is someones native language and that they really need to stop the disrespectful comments and slurs about it. It serves no purpose but to make someone else angry and or hurt them. I am not like that I don't like it when someone else makes fun of a certain backround. It needs to stop. Alizée you are welcome in America anytime you like, and I got your back if someone says something even close to racist.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
no use for a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
What blew my stack was how people would say Freedom Fries over French Fries.
i remember that. i dont think its still happening today, and if it is, that person needs to be bitch slapped. that was one of the most ridiculous things i ever heard and im sure the whole world was laughing at us. i was even laughing at us.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

It was not unlike renaming sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" during WWI, but at least then we were at war with the Germans. The only one here at war with the French was the president.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
i remember that. i dont think its still happening today, and if it is, that person needs to be bitch slapped. that was one of the most ridiculous things i ever heard and im sure the whole world was laughing at us. i was even laughing at us.
Laughing you were I was embarrassed at ourselves. Freedom Fries. PEOPLE it is a kind of food that has the name French in it. Seriously if the Italians didn't help us in Iraq would we have called Pizza American Pizza or Freedom Pizza? I don't think that Alizée would dislike America and her fans because of someone else's dumb idea to call French Fries Freedom Fries, I simply call them Fries. Don't know why but maybe it is because I love them and instead of saying the whole word I think I earned the right to call them fries . I think that Alizée will do a concert here as soon as she feels like it, when that happens I will be there with a soda drink hat and a blanket to sleep outside the box office for guaranteed ticket purchase.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What blew my stack was how people would say Freedom Fries over French Fries. Ever since Iraq of 2003 thats been happening.
Yeah, I don't know any Americans that bought into that epic failure of propaganda. The US was upset at France because France wouldn't play along with them on Iraq. They got the media to try to sway public opinion against France and failed miserably. There are just too many Americans with French ancestors for that to work here.

The only place I heard any of it happening was on TV.

They gave up on it very quickly and now we are friends with France again since they elected a new president. *shrug* Stupid politics.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Seriously if the Italians didn't help us in Iraq would we have called Pizza American Pizza or Freedom Pizza?
That's why we always end up trying to help USA, i wonder what our name would come out like...
Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
no use for a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
That's why we always end up trying to help USA, i wonder what our name would come out like...
Taco Liberty Bell
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
Yeah, I don't know any Americans that bought into that epic failure of propaganda. The US was upset at France because France wouldn't play along with them on Iraq. They got the media to try to sway public opinion against France and failed miserably. There are just too many Americans with French ancestors for that to work here.

The only place I heard any of it happening was on TV.

They gave up on it very quickly and now we are friends with France again since they elected a new president. *shrug* Stupid politics.
The new French president is a conservative and was in the New York Post one day I forget the day that President Bush and President Sarkozy together and Bushes hand on his shoulder. Friendship and allies again?

All you need is 1 Truck.
Closed Thread