Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Default Chat Party/Podcast: What's next?

The question came up today at the end of today's chat party, as it usually does, of what we're going to do next and when. It's something I'd like to address with more than just the three other people who made it to the end of the voting marathon with me.

First of all, I need a bit of a break! We've been doing roughly two chat parties a month for seven months now, but with everything else I've got going on, I've only been able to get one podcast a month out the door. As things stand right now, I've got raw material for five or six episodes to get out, and with every new one we record, I'm falling farther and farther behind. (And, frankly, starting to feel a little burned-out in the process.) So I'd like to hold off on recording anything new until I get caught up a little bit.

To that end, I was also wondering if anybody might be interested in helping out. Editing the podcast is actually pretty straightforward (especially for the commentary episodes) and the software is really easy to learn...but it's time-consuming, and I could use a hand or two. And the sooner we get caught up, the sooner we can start recording again.

Once we start up again, I think we'll probably move to doing just one recording a month to prevent another backlog like this (unless I can get some help).

I'd also like to test the waters of switching from Ventrilo to Skype again. I know everyone really likes Vent for the ease-of-use, but by all accounts Skype isn't that much more difficult, and will give us better audio quality, which means less work for me on the back end. I'd like to at least try it once to see the difference.

If anyone else has any other ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Tags
chat party, podcast