Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-27-2021, 06:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Rumor control

I saw this posted on FB today by Alizée Jacotey. I'm sure it's just a rumor. We know MF is working on an album and what may be her last tour in 2023 I believe. We saw Alizée and Gregoire helped Julia with her dancing at Mylene's request a couple of years ago. Could they be helping out with the dancers that will be a part of MF's tour? Could they somehow have a bigger role in that tour? We can only speculate.

We did have the recent announcement of some type of secret project that showed a picture of her singing into a mic, reading lyrics off a phone. An image down below had a Chinese flag on it. I speculated it might be something to do with China, Disney and her. Maybe her singing a song(s) in an animated Disney movie, but that's just a guess.

I feel that what ever is going on at this date does not involve MF, though I do have my fingers crossed.

The picture and the link in the post were just in relation to an old interview.

rumor.jpg
Old 12-29-2021, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

"[NEWS] Alizée will sing "La vie en rose" by Edith Piaf, at the New Year's gala on the Chinese channel Dragon TV, on December 31, 2021."

China.jpg

Here is the song on YouTube:

From Wikipedia:

"La Vie en Rose (literally Life in pink, French pronunciation: [la vi ɑ̃ ʁoz]... French: La Môme)...is a 2007 biographical musical film about the life of French singer Édith Piaf. The film was co-written and directed by Olivier Dahan, and stars Marion Cotillard as Piaf. The UK and US title La Vie en Rose comes from Piaf's signature song. The film is an international co-production between France, Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom."

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-29-2021 at 09:25 PM..
Old 01-18-2022, 09:25 PM

Default Something in the works

Here's a post again about a new cd. I really believe something is in the works. Maybe it's not a cd, but something. She's been too inactive as far as her Instagram posts. Maybe she's given up on her fans? I don't think so.

For new members who might not be active on FB. This post is not from Alizée.

post.jpg
Old 01-27-2022, 11:52 PM

Someone had mentioned a couple of days ago how slow it's been in here. I didn't say anything at the time because news soon popped up that Maggy and Alizée tested positive for covid and that was very concerning. Now we've heard Maggy is over it and I don't think this work shop would have been announced if there were any serious concerns for Alizée's health, at least I hope there isn't.

So that brings us back to how slow it's been. This is something I mentioned back in mid November, maybe earlier. Some of us work hard to go through all the videos and stories from all the years past, looking for something that might have been missed, something her fans in here and on FB would enjoy and it seems we're doing all the work and there's very little coming from her. After people put in that work, they start asking why are we doing this when there is nothing from her?

As I've also mentioned a few times, I suspect there may be something big in the works, something that is taking up a lot of her time, something she wants to keep private. If she's doing some work in Paris, she can't really post a picture of the Eiffel tower because if she wants something to be a surprise, that might tip it off?

Then again maybe it's a case where with Maggy getting a little older, she doesn't want to be as open with her family's life?

What ever the case may be, I think she has to throw her fans a bone once in a while if she wants to maintain that fan base.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-27-2022 at 11:54 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 04:00 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

https://mradio.fr/news/people/46163/...t-etre-un-bebe

Alizée's take on potentially resuming her career as a singer and having another child, dating back to an Interview she gave in early December.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:10 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So that brings us back to how slow it's been. This is something I mentioned back in mid November, maybe earlier. Some of us work hard to go through all the videos and stories from all the years past, looking for something that might have been missed, something her fans in here and on FB would enjoy and it seems we're doing all the work and there's very little coming from her. After people put in that work, they start asking why are we doing this when there is nothing from her?
Celebrities (including film, music, athletes, etc.) retire from the spotlight and go private all the time. Very few have the endurance to keep at it throughout their whole lives. Alizee is still young and has been testing the waters with some other things besides singing. Sometimes after a break, they come back and are more popular than ever.

Take Britney Spears. She rose to stardom at the same time as Alizee (1999-2000). Britney's last album was in 2016 and it flopped miserably. Yet, she still has a big following and remains in the news because of her conservatorship battles, and her fan base is rallying around her. Once that gets resolved, my opinion is she will return to music and be big again.

Alizee is in the period of her life where she is building a family. My gut is telling me there is another little one planned and soon. It's easier for Greg because he can keep his career going, but Alizee has to set aside her career for a while. She's been doing things to keep herself visible and maybe, just maybe, she might make that grand comeback one day. It's the only thread of hope that us fans have left.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post

Alizée's take on potentially resuming her career as a singer and having another child, dating back to an Interview she gave in early December.
Thanks for the link. Now for some Alizee quotes:

"No, because I love the life I lead today, I like to go to the dance studio with my husband, find my home and see my daughters grow up. Before I was always in the suitcases and uncertainty: I was releasing an album, had to do my self-promotion without knowing if it was going to work well."

Well, this doesn't sound promising, but yet she says:

"I'm not saying I'll never sing again, but it's not planned at the moment."

So maybe there is a shred of hope yet.

For the near term:

"With Grégoire, we think that if we don't have a third child, Maggy may have the life of an only child, because in a year, Annily is going to live in London for her studies. We'll see."

Alizee is not 25 anymore. Even 35 is in her rearview mirror. If this is going to happen, it certainly will before Alizee thinks of singing again.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 01-28-2022 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-28-2022, 07:38 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Britney's Albums, Britney Jean (2013) flopped due to a lack in promotion as she was busy with her very successful Las Vegas residency. Glory (2016), the Album you mentioned, had a different style, but was well received and appreciated. She was working on her next Album, before the entire circumstances around her conservatorship became public matter. Britney's break is well deserved from years of hard work.

Alizée doesn't quite compare in my opinion, as she seems to favor a more comfortable approach to life, centered around family and of course the Dance Studio, which is not only her life's dream but also offers consistency in her life as it is close to a day-to-day job.

Perhaps she is afraid of losing what she's built, if she ever was to commit to producing another Album. It's easy for us to say, but a lenghty process to create in reality for her.

And let's be honest, if there's one thing most of her fans would want, it is a return to work alongside Mylène and Laurent.

You're right though, another child is a very real possibility before we'll ever find out if there actually is a future close to the one we hope for.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:29 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée doesn't quite compare in my opinion, as she seems to favor a more comfortable approach to life, centered around family and of course the Dance Studio, which is not only her life's dream but also offers consistency in her life as it is close to a day-to-day job.
Succinct and true. You summed it nicely up in one sentence. Alizee worked very hard under Mylene. She experienced what it took to be a star and witnessed the hard work that Mylene and Laurent did to promote Alizee and prepare her and her supporting cast for stardom.

It was a huge miscalculation on Alizee's part to think her momentum would carry her through when she went on her own. Maybe she lived her life the way she wanted though, as you suggest. The life of Britney, Madonna and a host of other megastars is not for everybody. Too many end up with substance abuse issues and broken families. Once Anilly came into the world, you can tell it had a big impact on Alizee. Gone was that ridiculous shag haircut, body piercings and baggy jeans.

Quote:
And let's be honest, if there's one thing most of her fans would want, it is a return to work alongside Mylène and Laurent.
Absolutely. This would be the only way that Alizee would agree to sing again (in my opinion) because it reduces the uncertainty of how a new album would do. Mylene is 60 now. Her performing days are coming to a close. One more goodbye tour and she's done. It doesn't mean that she will lounge on the beach every day for the rest of her life. Laurent might have a library of arrangements that have never been published. He could blow the dust off of them, tweak them a little. Mylene can write some lyrics and manage Alizee's comeback.

Well here I go dreaming again.

Quote:
You're right though, another child is a very real possibility before we'll ever find out if there actually is a future close to the one we hope for.
I'm going to go out on a limb right here and say by the end of 2022, we will hear that Alizee is pregnant again.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I've read that before and thanks for posting that link again. To be sure, she is quite happy with her life and wouldn't care a bit if she never appeared on stage again, but there are some key factors here, most of which have been mentioned in these past few posts.

The 2 biggest are MF and a new baby.

MF looking to include Alizée in her (last?) tour could be something she can't turn down, however if another baby soon is added to the equation, that could quickly end all hope of her being involved in a significant way, with MF.

Another big factor is the financial one. How much did covid hurt their bottom line and will it have further impact in years to come? Are they already set for life or being still young, do they need to do everything they can to secure their financial future?

She still has a big fan base and that's why she still gets endorsements. They are maybe not a lucrative way of making money but it is an easy way and she'd be foolish to give it up. I have a tres petit suspicion something big might be in the works, but the part of me that lives in reality realizes that except for these small things like the Chinese New Year's eve show, the food endorsements, the dance work shops, that these will be it for her. She'll refuse to be part of another album and doesn't come right out and say it because the fans will start abandoning ship.

So at the least, if she likes those endorsements, she should do a little leg work to keep those fans close. Maybe it's not big money, but it's easy money. Throw your fans a bone once in a while.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

As we've talked about elsewhere before, it's pretty hard to believe that something bigger is coming now... At least if we're talking about a music career...

In this sense... It’s unfortunate that Alizée doesn’t need us fans (in her current situation)... So don't get me wrong, Alizée respects her fans, etc., but I mean she's not the kind of person who does almost anything to just have fans.... (which is of course good) [as some celebrities are known to be... ]

But as they say, it is good to live in hope!

Alizée 💜