Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question Songs rumored to be on her albums...

In the past I have read threads from MF-International.com that pertained to songs that were rumored to be on Alizee's previous albums but never made it.

I don't exactly get the concept of "rumored songs" since I don't see why an artist would make more songs than needed and throw some out...but I guess that is simply what they do and they don't think some songs would fit(I think I just answered my own question).

Anyway, so here is a collection of posts referring to songs that were rumored to be on several of Alizee's previous albums:

Sadly I waited to long to make this thread, because now the lyrics for these 3 songs that were rumored to appear on MCE were taken down due to a site hosting illegal lyrics, but here is the link to the thread anyway: http://mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=468

And while reading through AF Archive pages I ran across a rumored track that was suppose to be on Psychedelices called "l'amour insulaire"...anyone know what happened to that one?

And while downloading stuff in the Alizee DC++ Hub I ran across an mp3 rumored to be on Psychedelices but I can't seem to find it now, I'll get back to you guys on this one.

So anyway, any thoughts about all this or any info you'd like to share? Any other rumored tracks you know about?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

And while reading through AF Archive pages I ran across a rumored track that was suppose to be on Psychedelices called "l'amour insulaire"...anyone know what happened to that one?
I did see the name of this song posted somewhere recently, maybe MLI and I searched for it but couldn't find anything on it.

As far as why rumors come out of certain songs might be on an album, then don't show up, I'm guessing that I believe most of your songs being produced for an album are done in a sound studio. Actually I should clarify that. A lot of artists, especially new ones don't have that benefit, but I'm sure Alizee working with MF and LB had that benefit and now that she has her own studio she has that benefit again, so they have the advantage of being sung in a place that has good acoustics.

Now as we see with Alizee and I'm sure is true for many artists, she has numerous songs that sound great live, but then she has a few that don't sound that good live and I'm thinking that during the initial process of making an album where different songs are tried, there maybe one or two that sound good in the studio and this is where the rumors arise, but then they determine that outside the studio if sung live, the results would be markedly different, so they decide they'll drop a certain song. Like I said, it's just a guess on my part.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Often as well, an artist is going for a certain sound, or theme for a CD, and a certain song just doesnt fit with the rest, and so it gets tossed out. That was the case of one of Lili's rumored songs. I dont remember if it was the one on Psychedelices, but the rumor was, one of the songs was a bit too rock-ish for the album, and was removed.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@Brian, I believe you are correct. The song was "l'amour insulaire". I think Alizée actually mentioned this in an interview. I would love to hear the song someday.

It is true that songs are often left off of albums for various reasons. Sometimes you work on a song that you think is going to be great and for whatever reason, it just doesn't come together in the studio. And sometimes another song that you didn't think was that great turns out to be one of the best songs once it's finished. I believe PLP was kind of thrown together in one day, and I personally think it was one of the best on Psych.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A little detail on "l'amour insulaire."

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...8-05-22)/page8
Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
A little detail on "l'amour insulaire."

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthre...8-05-22)/page8
Ooohhh Juicy stuff right there Rev! Thanks for the link!

So yeah, I guess they did indeed just throw out L'amour insulaire cause it was too rockish. And tonight I'm going to dive back into the hub and try to locate that song I was speaking of.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions guys!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I am sure that like any other artist there is a lot of unreleased stuff knocking about in the vaults somewhere.
I doubt if any of it will ever see the light of day.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:08 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
@B... I believe PLP was kind of thrown together in one day, and I personally think it was one of the best on Psych.
Wow, PLP thrown together. Man, can I get some more of that pleeease?

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
@Brian, I believe you are correct. The song was "l'amour insulaire". I think Alizée actually mentioned this in an interview. I would love to hear the song someday.

It is true that songs are often left off of albums for various reasons. Sometimes you work on a song that you think is going to be great and for whatever reason, it just doesn't come together in the studio. And sometimes another song that you didn't think was that great turns out to be one of the best songs once it's finished. I believe PLP was kind of thrown together in one day, and I personally think it was one of the best on Psych.
I agee Lefty. PLP is the best on Psych in my opinion. Too bad it wasn't made into a single, preferably the first one.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Would have been interesting to see the cover art for the single too...

Tags
album, alizee, mp3, rumor, track