Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee and Marie Antoinette

I'm reading a biography of MA at the moment and this description of her made me think of someone -

'Marie Antoinette had an uneven hairline. Together with a high forehead, which was considered to be a French trait and was unfashionable by the standards of the time.....'
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

New plan.

Earlier, I said that Alizée should sing a cover of the song La petite Amazone by Lio. I still stand by that as a great song for Alizée to sing, but it's not likely to happen. Alizée doesn't seem to be a huge fan, but she admits in the TECHNIKART Magazine interview that she likes the song Le Banana Split off of Lio's début album.

<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=146807" target="_blank">«&nbsp;<i>j'aime bien Banana Split…</i>&nbsp;»</a>

Lio's second album, Suite sixteen, featured a handful of songs off the first album rewritten with English lyrics. The song Le Banana Split (which is all French except for the title phrase) was rewritten as Marie-Antoinette.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrztc4fGOs0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now all we do is submit this song to Alizée, when which she will feel a deep connection to the song based on her forehead. She'll tell us she loves it, but it's not quite the style she wants for the new album. This is when we pull a bait-and-switch, and pitch her La petite Amazone instead. It will definitely make it on the album.