Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Believe it or not there are lots of things to do around Lilli's Town. There are the usual tourist traps but as I go through the different web sites I find that there are boat trips around the island, scuba diving, jet ski's, zip lines through the trees up in the mountains, horse back riding, hiking, and there are a whole lot more than three hotels in Ajaccio. The only down side that was mentioned if you want to buy anything wait until you get back to the mainland. Since everything has to be shipped in to the island, it is about 25-30% more expensive than what you would pay at a Mall in Paris.

I'm so glad I started looking early at the different websites on Ajaccio because the more I dig the more I find to do while I'm there. I just started and there just isn't one place to go for all the information. This of course makes it a little more difficult to plan the trip since I'm dealing with at least ten of more web sites on Ajaccio for tourism around the city. Ten btw is just a starting number and probably will easily expand to thirty or more as I spend a few minutes each day on the Internet exploring Ajaccio and the area around the town.

Edit:

Wait it gets worse as time goes on. For me it will be six years come December.

I ran across this local things to do in Ajaccio.

Issuu.com/Ajaccio

Wow. I was just over in Mallorca a few weeks ago. They look the same! All of a sudden I have a better sense of how beautiful Ajaccio and the surrounding area must be.

What struck me about Mallorca was how far back their history goes. The island was occupied by the Phoenicians, and the Greeks, and the Romans. Looking at the brochure, Ajaccio must have a very similar history. Growing up on Corsica, Alizée must have a feeling of being alive within that history in a way that Americans can't even imagine.