Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I think it's best we keep his identity under wraps.
If someone doesn't tell me, I'm going to get angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
If someone doesn't tell me, I'm going to get angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

He's Scandinavian and i'll leave it at that.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He's Scandinavian and i'll leave it at that.
It couldn't be RMJ?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think some people look for the next fad to add excitement to their lives. They discover Alizée and join a forum like this. After a while they need something new to get excited about and then they’re gone.

Some of the old-timers post less because they no longer find as much enjoyment in discussing Alizée, but they still love her and listen to her everyday. They may have reached a point where they no longer have the words to say what they feel. When the first few waves of newcomers come on board, some of the old-timers may enjoy sharing their knowledge and reliving their own initial excitement, but maybe that becomes old and tedious for them after a while.

I’ve had the good fortune to meet and get to know a few famous musical artists that I admire. I’ve been to their studio and their homes, (it’s cool to hold a Grammy in your hand, even if it’s not your own) and we keep in touch. But I have never joined a forum or been a “fan” before I discovered Alizée. I don’t post as often as I used to, but I can’t foresee ever tiring of Alizée. I think at some point you move on or you move to a higher plane beyond fandom. It’s hard to maintain the same level of engagement indefinitely.
If this is to end for me, it won't be by my choice. It will be because Alizée decides to disappear for good. All the more reason I hope everyone stays on board and continues to support her.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool You're absolutely right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
I think you're absolutely right. After all there are some people in here who use there signatures to post websites to express there own political views that have absolutely nothing to do with Alizée and whose web address does nothing to reveal their true content to forum members!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 AM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

I have an interesting point of view, atleast to me. Since it is different from the common opinion.

All of those who found Alizee during the "Dark Ages" or before put alot of weight into her old style. They have opinions like you, where you don't think the new songs are playable again and again. I'm from this "New Age" as I only discovered her no more then 3 months ago. STrangly I found her material in seemingly Chronological order and I'M GLAD! It defiently put me over the line for being a REAL Fan and not just a little interested passer byer who would read the forums to just to gather general knowledge then add the songs to their playlist and thats it.

BECAUSE of Psychedelices I come back almost everyday and am looking for the newest word and CANT WAIT for any new material she is going to put out. I know it will be atleast 2 years since this CD is brand new but I'm allready wanting more!

This new wave you speak of(atleast last 1yr) might have alot to do with her new material reaching out to these new fans as it did to me.

So just because you old timers believe they aren't good as the old song doesn't mean thats the opinion of ALL. So many of you speak as it is. I just keep rolling my eyes.

Last edited by NoHandleBars; 06-06-2008 at 12:56 AM..
Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHandleBars View Post
I have an interesting point of view, atleast to me. Since it is different from the common opinion.

All of those who found Alizee during the "Dark Ages" or before put alot of weight into her old style. They have opinions like you, where you don't think the new songs are playable again and again. I'm from this "New Age" as I only discovered her no more then 3 months ago. STrangly I found her material in seemingly Chronological order and I'M GLAD! It defiently me over the line for being a REAL Fan and just a little interested passer byer who would read the forums for a just to gather general knowledge then add the songs to their playlist and thats it.

BECAUSE of Psychedelices I come back almost everyday and and looking for the newest word and CANT WAIT for any new material she is going to put out. I know it will be atleast 2 years since this CD is brand new but I'm allready wanting more!

This new wave you speak of(atleast last 1yr) might have alot to do with her new material reaching out to these new fans as it did to me.

So just because you old timers believe they aren't good as the old song doesn't mean thats the opinion of ALL. So many of you speak as it is. I just keep rolling my eyes.

For me, it isn't the fact that the new album sucks compared to the old albums. I think they're all equal in aspects of experimentation, following, and procedure in any musician's career.

However, I just prefer the 2003 days because she hooked me during that era, the music was toned and emotional, and she looked pretty darn cute!!!

I'm around her age but I keep speaking as if i'm a parental figure watching her grow up, she's still the same person, but my emotions and feedback is totally mirroring on how she is progressing through the years. It's an odd feeling but seeing the little girl winning an art competition for an airline grow up to be a matured woman with choices and decisions, it's strange considering i'm younger than her!

I guess that provides the whole leverage of Alizée, it was all so magical back then, it is still magical now, but in its own demeanor and bravado that we all have to accustom ourselves too.

That's my 2 £.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:41 AM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For me, it isn't the fact that the new album sucks compared to the old albums. I think they're all equal in aspects of experimentation, following, and procedure in any musician's career.

However, I just prefer the 2003 days because she hooked me during that era, the music was toned and emotional, and she looked pretty darn cute!!!

I'm around her age but I keep speaking as if i'm a parental figure watching her grow up, she's still the same person, but my emotions and feedback is totally mirroring on how she is progressing through the years. It's an odd feeling but seeing the little girl winning an art competition for an airline grow up to be a matured woman with choices and decisions, it's strange considering i'm younger than her!

I guess that provides the whole leverage of Alizée, it was all so magical back then, it is still magical now, but in its own demeanor and bravado that we all have to accustom ourselves too.

That's my 2 £.
Right. I totally get where you are coming from! I've seen all this material and like I said I watched everything in almost chronological order so I understand the path that has been traveled. I've read so much and your opinion is shared by many others. All I have to say is I wish I was lucky enough to been able to follow her from the first time she appeared on tv or atleast the first days of Moi... Lolita. Must be a fun journey. You all are very lucky for finding her much earlier than I.

Last edited by NoHandleBars; 06-06-2008 at 01:44 AM..
Old 06-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I know I'm not one of the super-active types anymore, but it has nothing to due with waning interest in Alizée! I loved her old stuff while we were waiting for her, and I love her new stuff too. I can count on my fingers the number of times since Psychédélices came out when I have listened to a CD other than one of hers.

I mentioned in another thread one of my main reasons for not being around here much - I can't afford to buy all the stuff I would be wanting to buy if I hung around here too much! The other big reason is that since meeting her last December, I feel a lot less need to come and simply talk about her, when I can close my eyes and see her, hear her, and otherwise feel like I'm in her presence. I come here for news updates and such, but that doesn't entail much posting.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
I know I'm not one of the super-active types anymore, but it has nothing to due with waning interest in Alizée! I loved her old stuff while we were waiting for her, and I love her new stuff too. I can count on my fingers the number of times since Psychédélices came out when I have listened to a CD other than one of hers.

I mentioned in another thread one of my main reasons for not being around here much - I can't afford to buy all the stuff I would be wanting to buy if I hung around here too much! The other big reason is that since meeting her last December, I feel a lot less need to come and simply talk about her, when I can close my eyes and see her, hear her, and otherwise feel like I'm in her presence. I come here for news updates and such, but that doesn't entail much posting.
But you will be going to a concert, right?