Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I think the issue here is that Alizee's trying to balance expressing who she is as an artist now, four years after MCE, with managing her fans' expectations. I suspect her strategy isn't clear because the way through isn't entirely clear to her either. She may have had a vision for how she wanted things to go, but as the saying goes, no good plan survives contact with the enemy...or the rabid JEAM fan.

Much. Actually, I think it's not so much finding a medium between the two, as finding a way the handhold her audience through the transition from one to the other. Lili's clearly not the same person she was during the MCE era--How could she be? The years she's been absent are probably the most formative of most young adults' lives!--but her fans weren't along for the ride that brought her from there to here...so naturally there's some culture shock setting in.

All that being said, I think she should be given major kudos for daring to try things like the remix video. It could have been really easy for Lili to just slip back into that sailor suit and act like nothing had changed. But wouldn't that have been a little...I dunno...cheesy? Dishonest, even? Personally, I'm glad to see her taking the harder road. She has my respect for it.

But then, I only have eleven posts to my name, so what do I know?

Wisdom comes in quality of mind, not quantity of speech. You've gained my understanding as a reasonable and intellectual being, I hope to spot more of your opinions in the future!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:12 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

less heels please...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazkimies View Post
less heels please...
That JEAM dance you love so much? Yeah, she was wearing heels there.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Im just hoping that she doesn't shy away from a 4th album
Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

She won't stop if we show her mature forms of criticism, and urge her, as being the collective fan, to keep going and progress through her career.

If we are so harsh towards her new projects and experiments, and our support is not felt, this is more than incentive for her to just say "adieu" and close her music for good.

It's all in the fans, you may just be one fan, but it is the fan in which Lily does this for, it may be for fame, fortune, and/or doing what she loves, but in the end she is also doing this for, guess who, the fans.

Keep her train going, legends aren't born legends.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Remember, dancing and singing at the same time is incredibly difficult. Even with continuous practice when in peak form, a pro will be exhausted by the end of a show just from the effort of doing both at once. The average person, no matter how good their voice or their moves, could not even do a single full-length song with the vigor people are expecting of Alizée. The breathing for each is interupted by the other.

I expect we'll see more of it from her as she keeps practicing and getting herself back in to peak performing form, but depending on how she wants to present her music, it may not be possible to do what she did before.

One of the reasons many popstars use strong backtracks for supposedly live performances is the fact that the intense dances associated with their routines do not allow strong singing, even if they actually do have a good voice and good pitch.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Two Alizées are pictured on the Psychédélices CD. I think these represent her two stage persona. As I recall, she has talked about these two persona in an interview, but it seems she was relying on the sophisticated persona exclusively in performances up until the TF1 performance. After seeing the TF1 performance, I would say her physical endurance is going to limit how animated she can be in the concerts in Mexico. If she gets out of breath, she won't be able to sing.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

She needs to do some body building. The time around Gourmondises album there are some pics where you can see her abdomin area; it's like zomg! lily has a 6pack! I like a woman with some muscle (not too much thats scary).
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess it’s hard for many people to accept the changes in Alizée. It’s really unfortunate. Correct me if I’m wrong, but her recent “Acoustic” performance is the first of its kind for her and I think it was was quite good. Her MJ performance the other night had a lot of energy and I think she really worked the crowd well. IMHO she is reaching the top of her game now, but it’s a new game. Requesting the fan’s creative involvement at the new site is a wonderful idea. I like much of what Alizée is doing now, but it’s overshadowed by people desiring things to be like the MCE years.

I wish Alizée had had a website and a blog or something like that so she could have kept in touch with her fans between the MCE years and today. She could have had a better chance keeping everyone up to speed as she evolved, thus making the transition less abrupt. Maintaining a presence in the world may have carried more of her fans along for the ride.

Personally, I’ve moved on with her and I can’t picture her doing the JEAM dance or anything like it now. The only thing I would say is she should stick closer to the old arrangements for the old songs. That is not asking much and it’s what most artists would do. That could buy her a lot of good will. The whole notion of needing musical arrangements consistent with the Psychédélices songs is not really important. If she gives her fans a taste of the old, maybe they will be more willing to accept the new. I think she needs to do this for Mexico, or it could turn out bad for her. Mexico has become important to her career.

Last edited by lefty12357; 06-09-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
That JEAM dance you love so much? Yeah, she was wearing heels there.
sorry, my bad
i'm referring about lower heels