Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Ok... problem here. I log in to a thread about Alizée, how much she needs us, how we should support her, and instead find a thread talking about killing people close to her.

Wonder why I don't show my head around here and post much anymore?

Crap like this.

I love her greatly, adore her music, and am as dedicated a fan as ever, but things like this make the internet a less and less enjoyable place to experience the beautiful things associated with Alizée, and more and more a place to experience a load the ugly side of her other fans.

/sigh

Keep it pertinent guys.
I agree with Cooney. This thread quickly went off topic into subject matter that I don't think is relevant to Alizée and her music. It doesn't belong in the "Alizée Discussion" forum. It seems like this happens more and more around here and it disturbs me too.

By the way, in case you guys don't know, Cooney is a moderator, so I would pay attention to him.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Ok... problem here. I log in to a thread about Alizée, how much she needs us, how we should support her, and instead find a thread talking about killing people close to her.

Wonder why I don't show my head around here and post much anymore?

Crap like this.

I love her greatly, adore her music, and am as dedicated a fan as ever, but things like this make the internet a less and less enjoyable place to experience the beautiful things associated with Alizée, and more and more a place to experience a load the ugly side of her other fans.

/sigh

Keep it pertinent guys.
Yes it is true, it's hoplessly off-topic and have nothing to do with Alizée. I would had been delighted if someone came with a great idea on how to support Alizée, some cool fan event or maybe some positive feedback on the thread topic instead.

But if you see something being written that you have a diffrent opinion about or simply want to discuss, I don't think you should have to create a whole new thread. Just like any discussion, talking about crimson things might spawn new ideas and thoughts to the actual topic. And as I have said before, if you think the discussion is getting out of hand, simply turn it back on the road again if you got something more on-topic to write.

One of the ways that I mentioned to promote Alizée and the international fan group was to simply keep a positive tone in the forums. By embracing everyones thoughts and opinions is a great way to accomplish this, don't you think?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Oh, I know off-topic happens. Thread derailments are as old as, well, threads! My interjection was not against the off-topic in general, but against the specific topic of promoting the murder of people close to Alizée. That is not acceptable here as it's own topic, an off-topic, or anything. It's sick.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Ok, just read through the thread really quick. So, the inappropriate stuff was just jokes, but for the thousandth time, please stop that kind of joke people. You really must consider the possibility that Alizée or her staff do actually read this stuff even if they never give any indication that they do. And besides, the other people on the forum do mind it. We just need more moderators to delete that stuff. Please delete it now. There comes a point where pointless jokes that have repeatedly been said to be in bad taste can go ahead and go on the site, but it's no big deal if they get deleted after the laughs have been had. Oh and people, please feel free to delete or edit your own posts if they are inappropriate. I have edited my own on various occassions.

So, good to hear from you Cooney. Really. I always think about the good old days when people like you kept this place lively and happy. Of course, there are things different about these times that has nothing to do with any of us too. I won't rehash anything already said, just respond to the original post on this thread.

I think some people who have been really heavily into the whole Alizée thing may be wanting or needing to take a little step back for a sec and see what happens. I would like to see an indication of what Alizée and her new team members, new bosses, whatever all that means, what they intend to do. Considering her popularity in Mexico one would like to assume that they intend to pursue that and we've heard that Alizée is working on something.

If you want to promote Alizée, help her career, some brainstorming about ideas is probably good. So... I have tried to say recently, like tomtentp said, it's not our job to promote Alizée (yet) and under the current atmosphere, we probably need to find ways to have fun. More contests? Can we have a to do list on this site somewhere with sign-ups for less than hard core type activities? - or in any case, some new section of the web site that lists static pages not just discussion threads, on which could be lists of ideas and links maybe to discussion threads where people can talk about what they have done.

Now, I know this isn't going to work by piling on a bunch of work on people, and I know there has been a bit of a malaise recently in the level of participation (both of Alizée and the people here). I hope we can see a resurgence and reinvigoration of the fan base. We may have to create it ourselves unfortunately. But here's a bunch of ideas to file away for later or get going on right away.
So, if and when we decide to re-pursue this thing seriously here are some suggestions:

At some point, it will be necessary to do some real promotion I think. The problem is that I am a bit hesitant to post ideas because people tend to not really do much of anything here. When some idea, even good ones, comes along we don't see much happening. However, here goes. I have been advising a more serious direction for some time. Make a list of "serious" fans so that when there is something to do, a bunch of people who might actually respond can be contacted rather than just posting a thread out here. We need to get past only posting stuff blindly to the world in a new thread that people may or may not see. We also need to be emailing or calling people directly. Tomtentp, I'll PM you this post. Tomtentp, are you volunteering to do things like that? If a real fan club is being started, put me on there.

We need a leader. We need someone who can contact and work with people who unfortunately tend to just slouch around their own favorite web site. Realistically, the way I see it, there are only two major English speaking web sites - this one and Alizee-forum.com. Sorry Brian, but LillyTownUSA.com I don't see as a major web site. Still, if the guys there don't want to come here but become as serious about supporting Alizée as they once said, they are significant. They need to be worked with. Alizée does not have enough support for us to all be split up. We are not split up because we want to support Alizée better. It's because the web masters are interested in doing their own things. Sorry Brad, Brian, Riccardo, but you are not doing it with the intention of better supporting Alizée. The reality speaks for itself. I'm just trying to get across that cooperation matters. Those three guys have succeeded in creating something that many people have used and gave us all a place to go. We can't exist without them. These fan sites are crucial. I just wish we didn't have to post the same stuff three times every time something happens.

More ideas: Call radio stations. Call every radio station in existance and maybe tell a little about Alizée and ask for their advice on how to get her on the radio.

Call/write to Sony and ask the same questions. Ask them how to promote her.

Tell them that we need more interaction from her. Suggest to whoever will listen that she have a policy of not being completely out of the light of day for more than maybe a couple months or at least not without someone posting the fact that she might be gone for a while so we're not all just left hanging and wondering.

Spanish speaking people, get the story of what happened with Alizée Mexico. Write up the story of how they started and what steps were taken along the way to get to where they are.

Someone finish translating Instant-Mag2. I don't think that the interview with Alizée in the first part has ever been posted.

As to the "task lists" idea or a tell us about your promo efforts idea, we could do a weekly or monthly featured story and maybe even email it to all "fan club" members. That is, just somehow make that thread or that story prominent somewhere. Again, so that people don't have to go searching for stuff. This thing about posting forums has always been limited in my opinion because people have to go searching. There also the calendar. People can use the calendar for stuff. I think what I'm talking about is getting into an era where people need to start being bugged, reminded about stuff.

I don't think are or even have been enough people here on a regular basis to get any real movement without going after people. Though, there has been more participation in the past with creating graphics and more recently creating music (even better!) that relates to Alizée. Get that stuff up here and let people know it's there. Inspire people. If you create an Alizée music video or something, post it to her Psychedeclips site.

I hope to see the day that Alizée's team shows an indication that they intend to continue seriously with her career and see some progress. We can keep saying she's popular in Mexico - nominated for a few awards of various kinds in fact - and I hope that works to her benefit. She needs good advice, but since we can't really give it to her (and I have to admit that now) we can try to have a good forum. I guess we need to go back over the past year and bring up good stuff to think about until she makes another appearance. Hopefully in another couple weeks.

Forgot to mention, a bunch of us will meet at the Grand Rex at 11am on the 23rd unless the plan changes. Still I have a list of like 15 people meeting up still in Paris, and then there's maybe some French people.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-17-2008 at 10:41 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

More fan stuff would help.

I've always had this dream (when I did), that many metalheads, all gathered together at a spot in some city, and had a parade throughout playing the music of Gods through the most brilliant of amplifiers, and trampling over the fans of other bands such as Jonas Brothers and Tokio Hotel as we marched, chanting to the warcry of Markus Toivonen's melodic vocal of "Dragonheads".

Well, I can manipulate that dream on a more realistic scale, how about a community fan gathering of Alizée and a little walk through the streets of any city. Certain to get attention, but let's not go so far as my dream and disturb the peace and trample over people.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:14 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well, I can manipulate that dream on a more realistic scale, how about a community fan gathering of Alizée and a little walk through the streets of any city. Certain to get attention, but let's not go so far as my dream and disturb the peace and trample over people.
Like I said, I'll be doing that in a few days.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I've always had this dream (when I did), that many metalheads, all gathered together at a spot in some city, and had a parade throughout playing the music of Gods through the most brilliant of amplifiers, and trampling over the fans of other bands such as Jonas Brothers and Tokio Hotel as we marched, chanting to the warcry of Markus Toivonen's melodic vocal of "Dragonheads".

I'd be willing to sometime even if I have to take a little drive

and as long as there is a picnic too

Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Ok, just read through the thread really quick. So, the inappropriate stuff was just jokes, but for the thousandth time, please stop that kind of joke people. You really must consider the possibility that Alizée or her staff do actually read this stuff even if they never give any indication that they do. And besides, the other people on the forum do mind it. We just need more moderators to delete that stuff. Please delete it now. There comes a point where pointless jokes that have repeatedly been said to be in bad taste can go ahead and go on the site, but it's no big deal if they get deleted after the laughs have been had. Oh and people, please feel free to delete or edit your own posts if they are inappropriate. I have edited my own on various occassions.

So, good to hear from you Cooney. Really. I always think about the good old days when people like you kept this place lively and happy. Of course, there are things different about these times that has nothing to do with any of us too. I won't rehash anything already said, just respond to the original post on this thread.

I think some people who have been really heavily into the whole Alizée thing may be wanting or needing to take a little step back for a sec and see what happens. I would like to see an indication of what Alizée and her new team members, new bosses, whatever all that means, what they intend to do. Considering her popularity in Mexico one would like to assume that they intend to pursue that and we've heard that Alizée is working on something.

If you want to promote Alizée, help her career, some brainstorming about ideas is probably good. So... I have tried to say recently, like tomtentp said, it's not our job to promote Alizée (yet) and under the current atmosphere, we probably need to find ways to have fun. More contests? Can we have a to do list on this site somewhere with sign-ups for less than hard core type activities? - or in any case, some new section of the web site that lists static pages not just discussion threads, on which could be lists of ideas and links maybe to discussion threads where people can talk about what they have done.

Now, I know this isn't going to work by piling on a bunch of work on people, and I know there has been a bit of a malaise recently in the level of participation (both of Alizée and the people here). I hope we can see a resurgence and reinvigoration of the fan base. We may have to create it ourselves unfortunately. But here's a bunch of ideas to file away for later or get going on right away.
So, if and when we decide to re-pursue this thing seriously here are some suggestions:

At some point, it will be necessary to do some real promotion I think. The problem is that I am a bit hesitant to post ideas because people tend to not really do much of anything here. When some idea, even good ones, comes along we don't see much happening. However, here goes. I have been advising a more serious direction for some time. Make a list of "serious" fans so that when there is something to do, a bunch of people who might actually respond can be contacted rather than just posting a thread out here. We need to get past only posting stuff blindly to the world in a new thread that people may or may not see. We also need to be emailing or calling people directly. Tomtentp, I'll PM you this post. Tomtentp, are you volunteering to do things like that? If a real fan club is being started, put me on there.

We need a leader. We need someone who can contact and work with people who unfortunately tend to just slouch around their own favorite web site. Realistically, the way I see it, there are only two major English speaking web sites - this one and Alizee-forum.com. Sorry Brian, but LillyTownUSA.com I don't see as a major web site. Still, if the guys there don't want to come here but become as serious about supporting Alizée as they once said, they are significant. They need to be worked with. Alizée does not have enough support for us to all be split up. We are not split up because we want to support Alizée better. It's because the web masters are interested in doing their own things. Sorry Brad, Brian, Riccardo, but you are not doing it with the intention of better supporting Alizée. The reality speaks for itself. I'm just trying to get across that cooperation matters. Those three guys have succeeded in creating something that many people have used and gave us all a place to go. We can't exist without them. These fan sites are crucial. I just wish we didn't have to post the same stuff three times every time something happens.

More ideas: Call radio stations. Call every radio station in existance and maybe tell a little about Alizée and ask for their advice on how to get her on the radio.

Call/write to Sony and ask the same questions. Ask them how to promote her.

Tell them that we need more interaction from her. Suggest to whoever will listen that she have a policy of not being completely out of the light of day for more than maybe a couple months or at least not without someone posting the fact that she might be gone for a while so we're not all just left hanging and wondering.

Spanish speaking people, get the story of what happened with Alizée Mexico. Write up the story of how they started and what steps were taken along the way to get to where they are.

Someone finish translating Instant-Mag2. I don't think that the interview with Alizée in the first part has ever been posted.

As to the "task lists" idea or a tell us about your promo efforts idea, we could do a weekly or monthly featured story and maybe even email it to all "fan club" members. That is, just somehow make that thread or that story prominent somewhere. Again, so that people don't have to go searching for stuff. This thing about posting forums has always been limited in my opinion because people have to go searching. There also the calendar. People can use the calendar for stuff. I think what I'm talking about is getting into an era where people need to start being bugged, reminded about stuff.

I don't think are or even have been enough people here on a regular basis to get any real movement without going after people. Though, there has been more participation in the past with creating graphics and more recently creating music (even better!) that relates to Alizée. Get that stuff up here and let people know it's there. Inspire people. If you create an Alizée music video or something, post it to her Psychedeclips site.

I hope to see the day that Alizée's team shows an indication that they intend to continue seriously with her career and see some progress. We can keep saying she's popular in Mexico - nominated for a few awards of various kinds in fact - and I hope that works to her benefit. She needs good advice, but since we can't really give it to her (and I have to admit that now) we can try to have a good forum. I guess we need to go back over the past year and bring up good stuff to think about until she makes another appearance. Hopefully in another couple weeks.

Forgot to mention, a bunch of us will meet at the Grand Rex at 11am on the 23rd unless the plan changes. Still I have a list of like 15 people meeting up still in Paris, and then there's maybe some French people.
Hallelulia, the saviour has arrived!
Joke aside, many good points and a great deal of positive Alizée energy without being unrealistic.

Her move:
Yes, the ball is pretty much on 'team Alizées' side right now. And I can fully understand that the motivation to spend time on promoting her after the long time of her 'absence', because in terms of fan interaction she kind of still is. For my personal thoughts I do believe that the reason is simply the lack of time. She is a mother and a superstar at the same time, just think about it. And the fact that she is trying to find her style in most aspects of an artist she can't have much time left for fans. Another thing I believe is that she simply isn't aware of the importance of a simple “Hello and thanks all” on mySpace. Probably she think that if she don't have time to talk then there is no point in giving false hopes. But there are so many ideas and guesses behind the reason for her inactivity and really no need for them. I'm sure, that when an interviewer finally ask her this question, everyone will feel so stupid for the simple answer she will have.

A lot of changes are being made, both in terms of music and promotion. This process might take time and the road may be bumpy, so let's make the best out of it.

When I look back on the history of Alizée in the future I would like to read about this period as the time when Alizée found herself. I would like to read about the fairytale of Alizée, the pop star that broke loose of her chains to be able to be herslef, and with the help of her fans she managed to become one of the biggest icons in the history of music.

This might just be a dream, but it's a dream I would like to pursue. After all the only factor that needs to be added is you, the fans.

Common ground:
A 'fan promotion task list' (“task list”) is a very good idea, a collection of methods to promote Alizée and their current progress. We need a common place, a certain section on a forum or maybe even a whole separate site and then spread the word about it. But as everything else, we need the support before we can attempt such a thing, we need everyone to be aware of it and participate for it to work.

There will always be different forums and fan sites for several reasons. One is the will to create something on your own for Alizée. Another reason for multiple forums is affinity. You generally want to communicate with people of your own 'sort'. With people you have stuff in common with. May it be that you are from the same region or maybe your just a group of people having likewise thoughts and ideals. These are the two most crucial reasons for the split up forum sites and I don't think you could just dictate that everyone should move to one forum just because it's more convenient for the information flow. What you can do is separate certain things from the forums to common grounds.

This is the exact same thing I wanted to achieve with my website AlizéeShrine.com. To create a common place for everything instead of heaving to search through hundreds of threads on different forums to find it. Same could be applied to other things such as news, the promo list, concert join ups... etc. Things that needs to reach the whole fan base and not just your friends on the forum. Maybe one site for everything of this would do. This would maybe inspire everyone to support on events and other promotional efforts, not only a 'real fan club' of hardcore fans which you were talking about earlier.

A leader:
I don't see this as a necessity. if we managed to establish some kind of base for information regarding the whole fan base and get people to use it / be aware of it, I don't think we need a one leader to control it all. Of course, a leader is always good to have. Someone that can hold all the strings, push everyone forward, remain a positive spirit in the group is always welcome. I would suggest someone with knowledge about Alizée, events in the past and what can and should be done in terms of promotion and fan events etc... But most importantly someone that is respected by the fan base, someone that most trust and knows to be a worthy leader. Someone that won't just turn away in grim times but sticks to the task without being fanatic.

But again, this isn't really needed.

Giving her advices:
What we need to do is to find a way to reach through to her, a way to communicate with her or at least for her to communicate with us. Telling her what to do is another thing. Of course she needs to know when she is doing something wrong, or when she is doing something that is less appreciated by the mass. But I think she can figure this out by herself. When it comes to simple things like her appearance, dancing, hairstyle and stuff like that it's simply none of our business. Again, she will find out on her own how she want to be, we don't need to tell her this.

There are certain things we would like to discuss with her however. As you mentioned, to discuss ways to promote her with her team. We need a link to her in some way, we need a way to know that she's 'alive' and that we are at least being noticed.

This seems to be a difficult task however as no one really have managed to create such a link.
Or maybe I'm wrong?

Quote:

These are the kind of events that I would like to be able to perform, as of now we seem to lack the man power and motivation. If we could unite the international fan base then I think that things like these would be possible. Take the last event for example, the combined effort to vote her to victory in MTVLA contest. We managed to gather like 7 active people by recruiting on one forum, we could have had done so much better than this with a common base for fan events.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What do you think about doing this in toronto? I mean, I think alizee is already known a little in the US, but here in Toronto , no no. It would be a great idea, and here many people speak french.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
What do you think about doing this in toronto? I mean, I think alizee is already known a little in the US, but here in Toronto , no no. It would be a great idea, and here many people speak french.
You should check out the Operation: Disc Drop blog, edgar. It's written by a dude here in Toronto who was inspired by Snatcher's LTNY campaign, and has started to do something similar here. He drops burned Alizée CDs and DVDs for people to find on the TTC, in the Eaton Center, and elsewhere.