Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Alizéed out!

I was on the Alizée-forum and in response to a certain thread, one member basically said that not many forum members are left from the year 2003 and the current members are a new wave.this was my answer to his post.

I don't think it's so much that current members are a new wave. I think it's just that most of the people who currently use this forum, only found out about her in the past year or two . I found out about her about 14 months ago. I don't know how many times I've listened to the songs on those first two cd's. I still play her music just about every day going to and coming from work, but I'm sure there is a point where people get Alizéed out. I'm sure this is what happened to her fans who found out about her years ago and I'm afraid we newer members are pretty much doomed to the same fate. At some point, You start strongly yearning for something new from her and as much as there are some good songs on her new cd, they are not the type of songs you want to play over and over again. The magic is gone. Can she get it back. Only time will tell.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

A lot of older members left not because they got bored of Alizée, but because they got fed up with Alizée-Forum and certain people there. I was somewhat active there for a short time, and while the people there did not wholly contribute to my leaving, I would not have left had the people there been as good as they are here.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 PM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

I agree with espire. I joined AF at the same time I joined AAm, after many months of just reading. I almost never post in that forum because of certain people, or should I say one guy, a fanatic Alizée "fan", who just ruins it for everyone there. That site is a good source for Alizée news and stuff, but the forum itself is trash as it is more about some idiot than Alizée. Read a couple of threads and you might figure out who Im talking about.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

I lurked for a LONG while here at AAm before signing up officially and I observed the shennanigns of the aforementioned "fanatic" ... his problems weren't just confined to AF, and he wasn't all that well liked here, either, most of the time. But there is some truth to the idea that the current crop of fans are a kind of "new wave". Many of those who were here daily on AAm in it's first year are hard to find nowadays, if they drop by at all.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
I agree with espire. I joined AF at the same time I joined AAm, after many months of just reading. I almost never post in that forum because of certain people, or should I say one guy, a fanatic Alizée "fan", who just ruins it for everyone there. That site is a good source for Alizée news and stuff, but the forum itself is trash as it is more about some idiot than Alizée. Read a couple of threads and you might figure out who Im talking about.
Although I'm not a member of AF, I have been a long time lurker and aware of what goes on there. So, I'd rather hope that folks would not drag such drama over into this community. Mmmmkay?

On the topic, my fanaticism is as old as AAm so the magic is still alive in me. I don't think it'll ever go away, it'll always be a part of who I am. I've never been a true fan of anything or person up until now. I mean, I've gone out beyond my usual comfort zones and have lead me to doing more things and learning other aspects than what I would have believed I was capable of doing. But that does not mean that I'm immune to moving on to some thing else in the future, though I hope not. As for folks of the 2003 era and early not being as frequent, it could be do to the fact that a lot were in the teen years and have moved on like some many of us have when we were of that age. A lot of them could have been MF fans. And yes, the years of absence is a good contributor to this lost.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Espire on this one. I'm on several boards around the net and someone with five years in is an old timer. One automotive board that comes to mind I would say 80% have joined in the last three years.
Web boards get hot for a few years then older members slowly peal off as people find other interests. As time goes on new people around the net find the site and join.
I can think of at least three boards that were killed off by a few members who treated everyone as a new pee-on.
When a board gets to point where members are resorting to bullying and name calling you can count the months before it's demise.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
I almost never post in that forum because of certain people, or should I say one guy, a fanatic Alizée "fan", who just ruins it for everyone there.
Who would that be?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think it's so much that current members are a new wave.
Of course we are a new wave, we didn't have to wait so much for Lili and her return did we?

We didn't have to go all over the net looking for download links, photos, new things etc.. like old ppl needed to do.

Of course i forget about Lili sometimes, and i don't think there is something wrong with it... I tend to forget her while playing WoW or Counter-Strike, studying for exams, at school...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:33 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

It's a number of things really. Some people lose interest, things happen on forums causing people to leave, and life happens. Hell, I just went through my first year of college and only signed on here to post a few times a month, if even that much. Throughout that whole time I still listened to Alizée's music nearly everyday. Just because I wasn't here, doesn't mean my adoration faded any.

EDIT: Speaking of people who aren't around anymore, I miss Moe and Riva
Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Who would that be?
I think it's best we keep his identity under wraps.