Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Mexican popularity theory

Why is Alizée so popular in Mexico? I would like to suggest a possibility.

The "Parler Tout Bas" music video reminds me of the Latin American Quinceaños celebration. You have the doll, the cross and the chambelán. To top it off, in real life, Alizée even has a "Chatelain" (sic. - close enough!) And supposedly an admiration for French culture inspired this custom. Ok, you do have to wait for the "Mes Courants Électriques" album cover for the shoe change!

I also find it interesting that the departure point for the plot in the very telenovela in which Alizée appeared was Candy's trauma as a Quinceañera.
(See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Tontas_No_Van_al_Cielo ).

What do you think of my theory, Karlalizee?

Perhaps this suggests a way to make and keep Alizée popular in Latin America. If Felix Mendelssohn's "Wedding March" can be a staple at weddings, why can't we try to introduce playing "Parler Tout Bas" at the Quinceaños? Or make giving a copy on CD/DVD to the Quinceañera a modern tradition?

Forgive me for being practical, but if one could gift decoratively-cased CD/DVDs, maybe many of them could even be legitimately licensed and sold! And at the worst, even counterfeit copies could help recruit a few new fans.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 01-11-2010 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Change CD to CD/DVD to admit use of the music video

Tags
latin america, mexico, parler tout bas, quinceañera, quinceaños