Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
That's a shame, cause I'm with Fusoya and think this one gets really good after the first minute and a half. Most of which, it's worth noting, was cut off in my first download from last.fm, and the file was full of errors (skips, jumps, etc.).

Anyway, love the melody in the chorus and the new Lili bit at the end. Unlike the Bimbo Jones mix, which sounded like pretty much every other remix I've heard, I thought this one brought something new to the table. Very nice.
I agree that the stuff after the first minute and a half was a significant improvement over what came before it. I'm not sure it'd call it "good" though. I also agree that it certainly brings something different to the table, but in my opinion, a lot of what it brings just gets in the way of Lili, distorts her too much, or just is very musical. I don't think it's very well composed. I disagree that the Bimbo Jones remix didn't bring anything to the table. In that case, I feel that it successfully shifted the tone/feel of MJ from a very driving, high energy, song to something much more "laid back," while still being enjoyable to listen to.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:22 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I also agree that it certainly brings something different to the table, but in my opinion, a lot of what it brings just gets in the way of Lili, distorts her too much, or just is very musical.
Well that's remixing for ya. To tell the truth, I think it's been true of every version of Mademoiselle Juliette released since the leak. And actually, one of the things I like about this one are the few bits of Lili either entirely new or not heard so clearly before (the end ).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Bimbo Jones version is bad, far from it. But I'm not a fan of remixes in general, and it does little to stand out for me from the mass of other Alizée mixes which, while also good, I never find myself listening to. Deefine One, on the other hand, I imagine will be different.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Its... intriguing.

I do like what they did with the chorus. The verses do not flow at all, though.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

I agree with Fish for the most part.

I actually love the chorus, her voice is very clear with very little distorting, and the new sound is a nice change. However I think the effects used in the verses are a little over the top. As Snatcher said it does have a very unique sound.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM

Bandit is on a distinguished road

Sorry if my post seemed too negative. I went back and listened to the whole thing. I will agree the chorus portion of the song is tolerable, but I still think the rest of the remix has no continuity to it. It sounds like some totally unrelated techno melody track was overlaid on top of Alizee's vocals. The notes and tempo of her voice don't even come close to matching the music and consequently they sound like they are working against each other rather than being complimentary. To me, it sounds like the melody track is being played backwards (for those of you old enough, remember playing records in reverse).

The overall effect is one of confusion and being unfinished, and at the end I am left with the desire to hear something else to leave me satisfied.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Can´t wait to listen to it.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

I would have to say that i was expecting something alittle better then that! Its not bad.....but its not great either
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

not great, not terrible, but definitely could use work.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:21 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Wow! I hear lili signing an un-copied part of the song in the chorus. You can hear that it was made officially; her voice sounds different from the song itself, and it's almost like her singing this live. I'm glad for that, we're hearing another take of her vocals in the song here, including her "juliette" at the end, so this is def official. otherwise I don't like the chorus, and despise the verses of this remix. haha
Old 10-31-2007, 05:37 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

just wondering, are these official remixes supposed to be free? alizée has never given away free official remixes in the past, no?