Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-15-2011, 09:40 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Is this the reason for our attraction

to Alizée?

Quote:
People with a certain gene trait are known to be more kind and caring than people without it, and strangers can quickly tell the difference, according to US research published on Monday.

The variation is linked to the body's receptor gene of oxytocin, sometimes called the "love hormone" because it often manifests during sex and promotes bonding, empathy and other social behaviors.

Scientists at Oregon State University devised an experiment in which 23 couples, whose genotypes were known to researchers but not observers, were filmed.

One member of the couple was asked to tell the other about a time of suffering in his or her life. Observers were asked to watch the listener for 20 seconds, with the sound turned off.

In most cases, the observers were able to tell which of the listeners had the "kindness gene" and which ones did not, said the findings in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences edition of November 14
Strangers-can-spot-kindness
Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It could very well be. It's so tough to tell though. She's beautiful with a voice to match. She's an awesome dancer, something I hope we see more of with the new album. But there are others who have the same assets, yet something beyond those obvious things, sets her far apart from the others. It could be more or less what I think you're saying in that people can sense the specialness of this young woman and therefore tend to be more drawn to her, than they are to your average singer.

Another thing that I think people like about her and many of them don't even realize it is is she seldom wears any elaborate jewelry, no elaborate hair dos and little make up, even though she lives in the fashion capitol of the world and is I'm sure she's surrounded by temptation. We've all heard her say she loves to shop, but still she keeps it simple, which I think gives people a very good idea about the person inside.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree, she does seem to have this trait. the Short Hair, Great Voice, Nice Personality, and she seems very unlike normal pop stars. she is quiet compared to others. That is definately what I like about her.
MZ
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

It's not a thorough scientific research study. The population is too low. I'd like to see the actual study and see what research method they used, the purpose of the study, and the type of design they used. I would also like to find out who their stakeholders are and what they were planning to accomplish from this study. Now and days just about anybody with a PhD can do a "study" .... I should know..

Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

^^what TDA said haha.

I just did a study yesterday on the amount of time squirrels spend in trees. It was published on facebook. I have a high school degree. Therefore its as legit as any study! Haha
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

That certain something which draws us to another person is sometimes called the "X" factor. In french is it called j'nai se qua. (sp?)
Old 11-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
That certain something which draws us to another person is sometimes called the "X" factor. In french is it called j'nai se qua. (sp?)
I believe it's "je ne sais quoi" which literally means "I don't know what."

I think it comes down to three things.

1) Alizée is a sweetie.

2) Alizée is gorgeous and talented.

3) Alizée is telepathic.

1 and 3 are what set her apart from other gorgeous, talented artists. She's mind-controlling all of you -- but in a nice, positive way, 'cause she's a sweetie.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I was going to add a fourth but Deep, in his kidding way, actually covered it. She has an essence to her that comes through in a remarkable way shen she connects with an audience. That essence could simply be expressed by number one, but the net effect is that, at some level, you really get that she is a truly nice person - a person you would like to have in your life if you had the option.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:43 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I was going to add a fourth but Deep, in his kidding way, actually covered it. She has an essence to her that comes through in a remarkable way shen she connects with an audience. That essence could simply be expressed by number one, but the net effect is that, at some level, you really get that she is a truly nice person - a person you would like to have in your life if you had the option.
I completely agree with this! I have this in my mind for some quite sometime now. From Star Domicile to the way she interacted with the kids during Belavoine performance as well as with her Mexican fans last month, she looks genuinely a very sweet and nice person. Yes! I would have loved to be her best friend, at least!

Last edited by Jake04; 11-20-2011 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-20-2011, 05:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Speaking of how she reacted with kids, after her performance of L'Alize on 12-16-2000, a little brat almost pulls her into the seats. It's something that's totaly unexpected; something she was not prepared for. She didn't get pissed; she got a big laugh out of it and it's moments like those that you get a good glimpse of what the person inside is really like. Unfortunately this Youtube video is not quite as good a resolution as the original.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mf3jIXqo-9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>