Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-12-2015, 05:48 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Pas Toi lyrics used for Rumba in DALS4

As with many of Alizee's songs, old and new, I either try and learn the lyrics just well enough to understand the song but in several cases, I try to learn the song well. The latter is the case with Tal's Pas Toi that was used when Alizee and Gregoire danced to it in the final episode of DALS4. Now in the DALS version they used a shortened version, leaving out several lines, but also changing one of the lines. Below is a picture of the lyrics with the line that was changed underlined in green. Can anyone figure this one line out or has somebody already done that?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I just watched that dance again and read along with the lyrics. I think it's one of those crossed out lines, "Reste l'absence, obstinément"
Old 02-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I just watched that dance again and read along with the lyrics. I think it's one of those crossed out lines, "Reste l'absence, obstinément"
You're right. I should have noticed that. Thanks Ray!
Wikipedia says "The song deals with a non-reciprocal love" which you could pretty much tell by Alizee's and Gregoire's performance.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-12-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You're right. I should have noticed that. Thanks Ray!
Wikipedia says "The song deals with a non-reciprocal love" which you could pretty much tell by Alizee's and Gregoire's performance.
Actually it was hard to read along with the lyrics rather than watch the dance. I really enjoy watching that performance (well, all of them) because she just seemed to be having a great time. And for me I think about how wonderful the experience was for her, to participate and then win that season.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM

I think it's kind of ironic that she was in this performance portraying a person who's love was unrequited, but in the beginning of DALS it was his love for her that wasn't being returned.

It's also kind of funny that she wanted a gay partner in the beginning because she wanted no distractions, but on this final day of the tournament there was in my opinion a very big distraction in the form of Gregoire, but I think she was in love with him at this point and emotions can add a lot to a performance and I wonder how much the emotions of this new relationship added to their performances. I would think quite a bit.

Then getting back to the song, unless this short version already existed, it sounded like Tal put a lot of emotion into this song for Alizee and Alizee knew that and fed off that in her performance. It helped her bring out her best and that's why she could hardly let go of Tal after the scores were presented.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-13-2015 at 10:04 AM..