Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road
Default Some questions about psychedelices (your help appreciated)

Hiya.
OK so I am pondering my very first physical Alizee purchase.. (I've bought a track from itunes but that doesn't count)
Seeing that my favorite album is psychedelices (2007) I was wondering if you could help me with some questions I have regarding it.
While browsing online I saw three different possible options.
1) The original album
2) The deluxe version CD+ DVD
3) The special edition CD+ DVD
Do both special editions have the same DVD/ extra stuff? I've read on wikipedia:
Quote:
" On 25 June 2008, Psychédélices CD+DVD Edition was released including bonus tracks, a DVD and new artwork. The tour edition was certified Gold for shipping 50,000 copies in its first week. "
Umm what ? That's not very informative xD Also, if one of them has a poster, what picture is it on that poster?
I started with the intention of getting the regular version because I absolutely LOVE the regular cd cover, but..
The DVD also seems nice ;>

Please, can anyone that actually have any of them comment and help a fan out? Thanks
EDIT: I m a newb here so it won't allow me to post images of the albums so sorry about that .
Old 04-15-2015, 11:10 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Hiya.
OK so I am pondering my very first physical Alizee purchase.. (I've bought a track from itunes but that doesn't count)
Seeing that my favorite album is psychedelices (2007) I was wondering if you could help me with some questions I have regarding it.
1) The original album
Do both special editions have the same DVD/ extra stuff? I've read on wikipedia:
Umm what ? That's not very informative xD Also, if one of them has a poster, what picture is it on that poster?
I started with the intention of getting the regular version because I absolutely LOVE the regular cd cover, but..

Please, can anyone that actually have any of them comment and help a fan out? Thanks
EDIT: I m a newb here so it won't allow me to post images of the albums so sorry about that .
First CD+DVD is limited French version of the album. The dvd contains such like a video document

---

The second CD+DVD is Mexican version. CD has 11 tracks like the French version + La Isla Bonita song and some remixes. The dvd contains a video diary from her trip to Mexico and videoclips

Old 04-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I don't remember what exactly is on all the dvds but I will look this evening and report back. It seems that there was nothing amazing on them that I hadn't already seen, perhaps on YouTube.

The version of LIB on the one CD isn't the same as the one she performed on the television program with all the guys with guitars.

I'll have more thoughts later.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Something else you're going to want to consider is price and availability. If you're okay with buying used, then this shouldn't be a problem at all, but if you insist on having a new sealed copy, the French limited edition is going to be particularly expensive compared to the other two. The Mexican version is still readily available, as is the original version.

And watch out, if you're not careful you might eventually end up with all of them!
Old 04-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Miam Miam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't remember what exactly is on all the dvds but I will look this evening and report back. It seems that there was nothing amazing on them that I hadn't already seen, perhaps on YouTube.

The version of LIB on the one CD isn't the same as the one she performed on the television program with all the guys with guitars.

I'll have more thoughts later.
Thank you. I am looking forward to your reply . I like the LIB song!
I am also thinking about how it's probably not going to be in English, so what's the use of buying them right..
..Although Alizee's charm goes beyond the language barrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
First CD+DVD is limited French version of the album. The dvd contains such like a video document
Hmm is there a typo on title of that video? It says " spychedelices " Hm, I remember watching a short documentary-like video of her in Japan, which was fun. I wonder if it will be as cool..
Do you know what videoclips are included? Just curious..
Thank you for the info nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares
Something else you're going to want to consider is price and availability. If you're okay with buying used, then this shouldn't be a problem at all, but if you insist on having a new sealed copy, the French limited edition is going to be particularly expensive compared to the other two. The Mexican version is still readily available, as is the original version.
I only buy new, and yeah, I've seen some of these crazy prices but I'm leaning towards the regular version more now..so it probably won't be that expensive. I have looked on amazon France and there are (or seem to be) a few copies there..don't know if they ship to my country but I will try once I've made up my mind .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares
And watch out, if you're not careful you might eventually end up with all of them!
I better control myself then
Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Keep in mind I still have a few autographed cds of Alizée's 5 album which I sell at cost. I also have a new still in the wrapper MCE cd I will sell you at as cheap a price as you can find out there for a "new" one.

By the way, do you mind me asking your first name if it hasn't been mentioned already?
Old 04-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I only buy new, and yeah, I've seen some of these crazy prices but I'm leaning towards the regular version more now..so it probably won't be that expensive. I have looked on amazon France and there are (or seem to be) a few copies there..don't know if they ship to my country but I will try once I've made up my mind .
Yeah, I made the "mistake" of collecting new & sealed early on, and I've been paying for it ever since (both literally and metaphorically).

eBay is also another good place to look for her albums, and the prices will even undercut Amazon in a number of cases. Supply of Alizée albums has started to dry up recently, so some of the prices are becoming inflated as a result of reduced availability (this is why En Concert is so expensive!). If you hunt around, though, you should be able to find what you're looking for.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Miam Miam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Yeah, I made the "mistake" of collecting new & sealed early on, and I've been paying for it ever since (both literally and metaphorically).

eBay is also another good place to look for her albums, and the prices will even undercut Amazon in a number of cases. Supply of Alizée albums has started to dry up recently, so some of the prices are becoming inflated as a result of reduced availability (this is why En Concert is so expensive!). If you hunt around, though, you should be able to find what you're looking for.
Hey, it's no "mistake" Nothing beats opening it for the first time right?
Why don't more people buy CDs? *sigh*Looks like people like us that buy CDs are a minority..Hence them being harder to find. It's not just with Alizee. I have had the same luck with other artists as well. How are musicians supposed to survive if record companies don't release enough CDs? I guess the crisis has hit everyone.
About ebay, I don't trust it too much..although it's true it has more of a variety when it comes to apparel and paraphernalia. However you are right, I better look on ebay as well. Maybe some one out there doesn't know it's one of the best Alizee albums or wants to get rid of it in his storage room and sells it cheap. *keeps dreaming* xD

Quote:
Keep in mind I still have a few autographed cds of Alizée's 5 album which I sell at cost. I also have a new still in the wrapper MCE cd I will sell you at as cheap a price as you can find out there for a "new" one.
Don't tempt me Frodo!
That's very tempting indeed..I will hit you up if I'm interested. I have actually bought the song Je veux bien off of itunes. Don't get me wrong about MCE, I love Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, but one has to choose right? I love the orchestral pieces of the Mylene era but I also ADORE the poppy sound of Psychedelices. You might sway me into buying two instead of one though

Quote:
By the way, do you mind me asking your first name if it hasn't been mentioned already?
My real first name? Ermis. We've talked in the past through youtube I think. But that was many a year ago!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hiya.
1) The original album

Okay, here we go.

All three editions include the original 11 tracks.
The French 'Limited Edition' does not have any additional tracks.
The Mexico 'Special Edition' includes these extra tracks:
La Isla Bonita
Fifty-Sixty (Rolf Honey Edit Remix)
Fifty-Sixty (Datsu Remix)
Fifty-Sixty (Edana Remix)

As Lucas said, the French 'Limited Edition' also includes a DVD in PAL format, all regions Spychédélices video, about 6 minutes long. (Shown in a post above via Youtube.)

It also includes a poster of the original cover artwork;

The Mexico 'Special Edition' also includes a DVD in NTSC 4:3 format, all regions. It includes the Mademoiselle Juliette clip, the Fifty Sixty clip, and two Fifty Sixty remix clips as well as four clips chronicling Alizée's visit to Mexico.

These are all the additional clips (not including her originals):

I hope this helps make your choice easier! Of course the easiest choice is to get all three.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 04-15-2015 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: keepin' it fresh
Old 04-16-2015, 02:57 AM
Miam Miam!

Oh man thanks so much! You helped me a lot.
EDIT: Here is Alizee with pizzas to show my appreciation
http://postimg.org/image/x7guitkl7/

Last edited by eru777; 04-16-2015 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: Added Alizee with pizzas