Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road
Default Les Enfoirés 2014

Les Enfoirés 2014 will be held in Strasbourg, France.
Start planning!

C'est officiel, en 2014, les concerts auront lieu :
du mercredi 15 au lundi 20 janvier 2014
au Zénith de Strasbourg

Attention : Aucune place n'est actuellement en vente !

Les lieux et dates de vente des billets vous seront communiqués dès que nous en aurons connaissance sur ce site, qui est la seule source d’information fiable.

Il est donc inutile pour le moment de contacter le Zénith de Strasbourg ou les Restos du Cœur à ce sujet.

Vous connaissez bien sûr les priorités des Restos et nous vous assurons que vous aurez, en temps voulu, toutes les informations nécessaires.

Nous vous en remercions d'avance.

ON COMPTE SUR VOUS !

Translations:
It's official, in 2014, the concerts will take place:
Wednesday 15 to Monday, January 20, 2014
Zenith of Strasbourg

Warning: No places are currently on sale!

The places and dates of ticket sales will be announced as soon as we have knowledge on this site, which is the only reliable source of information.

It is therefore unnecessary for the time to contact the Zenith of Strasbourg or Eating the Heart about it.

You know of course the priorities of Eating and we assure you that you will, in time, all the necessary information.

We thank you in advance.

WE COUNT ON YOU!

Last edited by Jake04; 06-24-2013 at 07:10 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

What a co-incidence, I've been working on a post for the past couple of days about this. I had visited Strasbourg a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful city. I had wanted to visit it because when my father was in the army, his unit stopped here and he attended midnight mass on Christmas eve, before they eventually moved into Germany.

Here' what I had written to date.

"I've been discussing with a few other members here Les Enfoires 2014 to see who might be interested in going to next years show. So this thread is just to make very tentative plans about going to next years show. Of course it mainly depends on two things; one is that Alizée participates in it and the other that there is no Alizée concert between now and then which I'm sure everyone would prefer to go to.
So far, 3 other members have expressed an interest in going. I'll let them identify themselves if they so desire.

Last year the date (january) and location (Paris) was announced in june so hopefully something will be announced soon. Tickets didn't go on sale until november.

Tickets;

The toughest part of planning this is getting tickets. They announce a time and date when the tickets go on sale and I believe they are only sold on line. There were 3 ticket web sites where you can go. It's a difficult process which involves just trying and trying over and over again to get through. Last november, It had gotten to the point where I think all the tickets available that day had been sold, but I kept trying and what happens is some of the people who were able to get through and order tickets, have a problem paying for them, so those tickets become available again and that is how I was finally able to order a couple for the first show. I downloaded and printed out the tickets.

Now I wanted to go to two shows. The previous year at the show in Nice, I also wanted to go to two shows. I was unable to get a ticket on line. So I signed up with a reseller which is another trying process. You and who knows how many others receive an e-mail when someone wants to sell theirs. Of course the first one to respond gets the ticket.

Now the big problem here is trying to arrange to pick it up. Luckily I was able to hook up with a young lady who met me in Lyon the day before the shows started to give me the ticket. This is when you give them a code, that they then go on line to get their money.

After talking to some members of Alizeeforum, I was able to get a ticket for the second show from a German fan who had an extra. We met before the first show at his hotel which was right across the sqaure from the concert hall. Unfortunately he couldn't speak a word of English and I couldn't speak a word of German.
It seemed like this year there were many tickets availble through resellers like Zepass, but luckily I didn't have to go that route.

Here's what the ticket looked like that I downloaded from Digitik,

Hotel;

Now ideally you'd like to get a hotel as close as possible to the hall, but the closer ones are usually the pricier ones so in Lyon, I tried to save a few bucks and got one a couple of miles away. Now one thing that I failed to anticipate is that the shows run so long that after I got out, I found the subway had shut down, so I had a nice cold, long walk back to my hotel each night.

This year I made reservations at a cheaper hotel about a half mile away for the first two nights I was in Paris, then I switched to one right around the corner from the hall, the morning of the first show. Now I don't know if they do this at all shows, but I got in line around 11:30 for an 8pm show and I was able to get my hand stamped then go back to my hotel to use the bathroom.

The weather and the wait;

Unfortunately they seem to like to schedule this show for the winter. I think probably because they can get performers who are more willing to donate their time then than during the summer. It was freezing in Lyon and just a little above that in Paris. In Paris for an 8 pm show, I got there around 1 pm the first day and around 11:30 the the next. It makes a big difference getting there early. For the second show, we were about 4 rows of people from the stage and she was right there in front of us.

As far as putting up with the cold. RMJ had a nice thick looking sleeping bag which when he was done with it packed up into a relatively small bag. Those little shiny thin metalic rescue blankets help. They help to reflect your own heat but another big advantage is the way they block the wind. For the second show, I was sitting on the ground quite a while. I wish I had something like a foot and a half square dense foam pad. Next time I will.

Picture taken in Lyon the morning after the second show when I was leaving for Corsica,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So like I said, this is all tentative to just get a general idea of who might go and exchanging info so people who haven't been there will be properly prepared.
"

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-24-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Well heck, that's where I am now! I love this place.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Well I did some preliminary research of Strasbourg and located on a map where the train station is for those who might fly into Paris and take a train down or those who might fly directly into Strasbourg and where the Zenith theater is. The theater is about 2 miles west of downtown.

Now I did some research into hotels too. Usually when I travel, I use Booking.com. You type in a city and it shows you a map with icons for all the hotels in the area. You can mouse over these icons and it will give you the name of the hotel and show you what the availability is. Well it shows 4 hotels, one of which is a spa and it shows the 3 hotels as being sold out and the spa being too expensive. At first I thought this is outside the downtown area, maybe Les Enfoires booked up these hotels for their staff and the stars, but then I took a quick look in the downtown area and that showed several hotels booked up too for that time period around 15-20 jan 2014. Now either I did something wrong, which I don't think I did, or there is something major going on in that timeframe in that city.

That rules out the possibility of getting in line early, then having a hotel nearby where if you have to use the bathroom, you can get your hand stamped, leave line, take care of business, then return to your group. But who knows? Maybe they have facilities available near by.

A big problem is even if we find a hotel in the near future, we wont want to book it until we know for sure Alizee will be in it. We didn't find that out last year until november I believe. So even fewer hotels will be available by then.

Another problem of not having a hotel nearby is how to get back to a hotel in the city late at night. Is there mass transportation available then? We'll have to do some more research. It's tough after one of these shows to flag down a cab when there are thousands of other people looking to do the same thing. Maybe Lapinschous had been there and can enlighten us.

So already I'm looking at a plan B. If we have to get a hotel further away. I will rent a car and then distance wont matter. I've driven several times in France and am quite comfortable doing it.

EDIT:

Now I did a little research on the theater itself. Another bit of bad news is the capacity is listed at 12,000 where as the Bercy could hold up to 17,000, which could make it much tougher to get tickets.

Wikipedia did say this about the theater, "The first event held at the arena was "W9VIP Live" on January 9, 2009. The event was organized by French television stations W9 and M6 to commenerate Télévision Numérique Terrestre (digital television in France). The concert contained performances by Alizée Jacotey, Amel Bent, Emma Bunton, Christophe Maé, Jenifer Bartoli, Laure Pester, Melissa M and Les Déesses."

Here's the link to their website.

http://www.zenith-strasbourg.fr/programming/calendar/

EDIT, EDIT: Strasbourg is the headquarters for the European Union and one thing I did find out that's going on there in the same time frame as L.E. is this

SAVE THE DATE: Strasbourg 16-17 January 2014 / 2-day interactive conference on Social Entrepreneurship and Social Economy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit:

Looking at the tram schedule for line A which brings you within a half mile of the theater, It looks like it makes it's originating run from the end stations around midnight, so if the show starts at 8 pm and runs over 4 hours, your not going to make it on these trams. I have to do some research on the buses which get you closer, but when do they stop and do they put on extra buses.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-24-2013 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Dave! What a bonus! I'll get to see where Alizee performed before! I kind of wished we went to Olympia last March. But, that's okay. I know I'll be back in Paris in the future!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Good work Scruffy! It's on you!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Strasbourg is really close to my hometown , I really hope I'll be able to be there this time, if my student agenda allows me to... and if Alizée participates of course !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-25-2013, 01:49 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

you have no idea how upset I am that the year I might not go to Les Enfoirés the concerts take place in a town so close to the German border... damn, this is the closest Alizée will ever get to Germany...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
you have no idea how upset I am that the year I might not go to Les Enfoirés the concerts take place in a town so close to the German border... damn, this is the closest Alizée will ever get to Germany...
: o Why can't you go ?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
You have to find a way Jenny. We need your great videos and do you know how disheartening for Alizée it will be if she doesn't hear one of her most loyal fans screaming out her name? You can't let her down that way. You have to go. It won't be the same without you.