Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have to agree that the French language adds to her mystique.

The way she says Quarter in the Hung Up Video is so damn cute.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I have to agree that the French language adds to her mystique.

The way she says Quarter in the Hung Up Video is so damn cute.
Ha, love how she can't say "I'm hung up on you" in the Hung Up performance. So cute the way she says "I hum up on you."
Old 01-05-2012, 04:58 PM

amelie_alizee is on a distinguished road

I think that, what attracts fans (or attracted) fans to Alizée is that, she looks like the girl next door but, when she sings and dances, she transmits sweetness and looks/sounds dreamy. Also her lolita aura is one major factor. I personaly find her songs from Gourmandise album quite unique, because of the combination of her voice, the lyrics and the song itself.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I agree almost 100% of what you've said here. I became more interested with anything French . With one exception: Since becoming a fan of Alizee, I've been exposed to many other French singers such as Jenifer, Claire, Nolwenn, Isabelle, Natasha, Elsa, Lara and many more. I'd say a few of them may be more beautiful and even have more beautiful voice than Alizee. However, NONE of them has captured my imagination more than her. The same is true with other foreign singers, such as Italian, Spanish, K-pop, J-pop, etc. I might listen to them out of curiosity, but that's pretty much it. I think it really is the total package that made a lot of a of us attracted to her.
I agree with Jake says, even though I know there are better singers, in voice, in looks, Alizée has one whole aura that is really dreamy-magical-involving. I think that's called charisma, she reflects light.

Last edited by amelie_alizee; 01-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Holy thread necro.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Holy thread necro.
For real! Haha.

I think it does make her a lot more memorable. Outside of her French song lyrics, I can't understand a word she says. It kind of adds an aura of mystery. I'd probably still admire her a lot if she were an American singer, but for lack of a better term, the language barrier makes her seem like an enigma during interviews while she's speaking French.

It's also the general "foreign" factor, too. My school just started participating in a foreign exchange student program, and it's a little bit like that. We have a girl and a boy, from Germany and Sweden respectively. They're normal, friendly people and they speak fluent English, but the fact that they come from a place I'm unfamiliar with makes them seem really unique and special in my school of US residents that I've known all my life.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-05-2012, 06:01 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
We have a girl and a boy, from Germany and Sweden respectively. They're normal, friendly people and they speak fluent English, but the fact that they come from a place I'm unfamiliar with makes them seem really unique and special in my school of US residents that I've known all my life.
Are they fans of Alizee? Don't let them get "Americanized." Turn them into Alizee fans!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Are they fans of Alizee? Don't let them get "Americanized." Turn them into Alizee fans!
I believe Americanization is kind of the point of the exchange.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I believe Americanization is kind of the point of the exchange.
True. True. But, I was thinking they'd be more open in supporting Alizee since they're Europeans, compared to our fellow Americans. Okay, don't let them get TOO Americanized!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

For me it definitely does. Everything about her has an exotic feel as some have said. I dig it, and it has also expanded my taste and openness for music/discovering new music. 3 cheers for Zée! What a find!

If Alizée ever reads this post, just wanna say, you're awesome! Thanks for everything!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
For me it definitely does. Everything about her has an exotic feel as some have said. I dig it, and it has also expanded my taste and openness for music/discovering new music. 3 cheers for Zée! What a find!

If Alizée ever reads this post, just wanna say, you're awesome! Thanks for everything!

I second everything Fall said. I've also looked at a lot more non-English-speaking singers and musicians since discovering Alizée. But mostly, I gravitate towards the French singers. (It's almost like they're English, but from a parallel universe!

I also know a lot of German, but do I want to hear a bunch of Germans? No, never cared for it. (Maybe it's cuz my dad used to raise us on polkas and oompah music when I was young, it was horrible)

I also know a lot of English, and I still like a lot of English-speaking music, as long as it isn't modern American pop.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of great Arabic pop out there. And if it's from Algeria or Tunisia or somewhere, there's usually some French in one or two of the songs.

And India's music can be extremely cool. But since the Beatles, I hardly need to remind anyone. Yet I do it anyway. ^^,

But Italian? Portuguese? Greek? Russian? Chinese? I'd rather talk to them than listen to their music. Or let me order their food.

Everyone's ears and tastes in music are different, of course, and I'm no exception. But when I say French music is pretty good, and Alizée is one of the better French singers still out there, well I hope you won't all disagree.