Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-13-2014, 01:44 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She definitely has her own personality, a very strong personality. Don't confuse "nice person" (or natural introvert) with no personality.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post

If you have any doubts, just look into those eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post

This outfit is interesting.

Last edited by Rev; 06-13-2014 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-13-2014, 06:47 AM

cou is on a distinguished road

With Mylene she was stable and made no big diffrence in the way she acted, behaved,sang or dressed. But the person that she showed wasn't really her. Since she left Mylene she almost constantly changed her style and still is. It was like she was searching who she is to me. Now she want to hold her DALS succes too much with her tour. It will be a year past DALS and the hype will be over and the greed to see her dancing will be less for the ones who arent big Alizeefans. And without competition her spectaculair dancemoves will be far less attractive I think. To get back to the subject, It seems to me that she is searching who she is to the outside world. In her personal life, after she left some people who were important to her (Jeremy and Mylene) and the birth of Anily she was searching too (what is normal), trying to put the things what are important on her arm. Now, with her being able to fall and be in love she found her private self. As her being a mother I think she always had personality, protecting her child so well.
I don't want to offend someone, I want to make sure you all understand that.

Last edited by cou; 06-13-2014 at 08:16 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

by @jotagada

Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Can't tell if she's wearing Napoleonian, Roman or Nazi emblem on her t shirt.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-13-2014, 12:47 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

The most it resembles the Nazi one. But it's not the same.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:16 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

If she was a real rocker she would be wearing this on her tee shirt.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cou View Post
Maybe this is hard for you guys but in reaction what Shepherd said, maybe she does not really have her own personality. Maybe she went to much in the role Mylene gave her. She left mylene and went trough some big changes. She didn't know how to give it a place so she gave it a place on her arm.
This is a good observation. Maybe Alizee doesn't know who she is, and is struggling to define herself. In show business entertainers are always trying to present a pleasing public image, not only to win the public over but also to protect their privacy. It's a very demanding thing, trying to mold one's personality to what the public demands, to come up with a unique public image that can compete with other entertainers so as to stand out in the crowd while still being faithful to one's self. These, all contradictory demands. It's not surprising when entertainers lose track of who they are and who they want to be, especially if a person is by nature shy to begin with. Although Alizee frequently comes across in public as self possessed and confident, her shyness still surfaces on occasions. Alizee seems quick to tears, and in the video of her with Tal, she appears horribly vulnerable and dependent, like a small child hanging tight to her mother's skirt for security. The video is bizarre. While Tal is being interviewed by a journalist for professional reasons, Alizee is hanging all over her. Really, what are we witnessing? And the tattoos, how do we interpret them--childish cartoons on a middle aged woman? Are they a rebellion against her public image? A self mutilation? A way to put distance between herself and her fans who make too many demands? An expression of her insecurities? An attempt to reassert her motto "forever young"? I really don't know. Who is Alizee?

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-13-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee seems quick to tears, and in the video of her with Tal, she appears horribly vulnerable and dependent, like a small child hanging tight to her mother's skirt for security. The video is bizarre. While Tal is being interviewed by a journalist for professional reasons, Alizee is hanging all over her. Really, what are we witnessing?
That video where Alizée was all over Tal was the final show of Danse avec les stars. Alizée had just scored 79 out of 80 from the judges for her Rumba which she performed to Tal's song Pas toi. It was actually Alizée's interview, but she had called Tal over to be with her and Sandrine asked Tal something like how was it to have her song used.

Quote:
Who is Alizee?
As far as I've observed, she's a very independent woman who loves performing whether it's singing or dancing, loves her daughter, her family, her friends, and her fans. She appreciates her fans and is more accessible to them than many other artists are. She does what she wants and doesn't like being told what to do. She doesn't like to disappoint but realizes that she can't make everyone happy all the time, and she's okay with that.

But that's just my view de jour.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:56 PM

cou is on a distinguished road

I am happy that someone else see what I see. And indeed lots of entertainers have it with the extemest example Lohan. Maybe I see this so clearly (wrong or not) because I dont even like the whole genre Alizee is making. I like hip hop (not the garbage that is populair) where standing for something is important.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... and in the video of her with Tal, she appears horribly vulnerable and dependent, like a small child hanging tight to her mother's skirt for security....

It could be interpreted as that. However, the video is a bunch of clips that are edited to support the song being sung. I think the author nailed it (picked the right song to describe what is being expressed).

I think Tal is the sister Alizée never had, but apparently wanted. She is a really good friend.

Alizée is several years older than Tal, and often takes the role of older sister (this was clear during DALS). However, Tal is very smart, and so sometimes Alizée defers to her.

In the DALS portion of the clip where she had just danced, Alizée was bursting with emotion. It was crystal clear in her demeanor. She was expressing a combination of "thanks for helping me get such a high score", combined with "I GOT A 79", combined with "I'm emotionally out of control at the moment", and Tal was a safe harbor for all these expressions.