Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

He's thinking:
I know this woman. Ehhhh, ehhhhh, ehhhhh...
It's ehhhh, ehhhh....

...ding dong!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:51 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Wow, her smile really is one of the best, if not the best in the whole world. It's really hard to look at her in that last pic and not start smiling yourself. Mirror neurons, you know...

Very, very beautiful.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Nice pics JaG . I wonder who were the other guys on the table. I love her not-forced smile of the second pic .
Old 11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Wow, her smile really is one of the best, if not the best in the whole world.
I disagree. In the universe . Her smile is my favorite of all her physical attributes.

Price Al thinks so, too. He's obviously admiring her glowing reflection in his menu (to avoid making her self-conscious by simply turning and staring ).
Old 11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

She does have the best smile in the universe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
With all due respect, Ogre, but this is just complete nonsense. The effects from Chernobyl were completely negligible in europe (and that includes Corsica).
I don't wish to turn this thread into a dissertation on Chernobyl and its effects. There is an extensive body of study on the accident and its aftermath, to include its impact across Europe. I would urge anyone interested or concerned to examine the wealth of information available and draw their own conclusions.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I don't wish to turn this thread into a dissertation on Chernobyl and its effects. There is an extensive body of study on the accident and its aftermath, to include its impact across Europe. I would urge anyone interested or concerned to examine the wealth of information available and draw their own conclusions.
Yes, please do. I have already done a fair amount of research on this. I'll take the word of level-headed scientists over the outrageous claims of Greenpeace and other people who don't know the first thing about statistis and science any day.
Chernobyl was one of the most hyped events in human history (compared to other desasters of the same magnitude). There is zero evidence for the claim that the cancer rate on Corsica (or anywhere else in europe, including eastern europe) has increased since Chernobyl (and frankly you're the first person I'ver met to voice such concerns, not even Greenpeace does that).

Quote:
I disagree. In the universe .
I stand corrected.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Whatever dude! Seriously though. That really needs to be posted here? Hey, we're all human subject to eventual destruction, but Alizée is fine. sheesh!
Speculating way out on the horizon about possible problems with her health or something is just not necessary here in my opinion. If one wants to contribute something to some fight against disease or something like that, great. Otherwise, why bring up stuff like that? Alizée is beautiful and healthy and we've just not gotten enough of a chance to see her in recent months. However, we have seen various photos and comments of other people in the photos and she seems to be fine. I wish you all would quit with talk like that. What's the point? PM me if you must - would be better than posting any more about it.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
What's the point?
Forum etiquette. To end the off topic spiral. Normally, I wouldn't respond to the "What's the point" request, but I figure others might be interested in a method that can be used to end an off topic discussion from spiraling out of control.

When an off topic subject begins to spiral out of control, a good way to end it is to cede the last argumentative point to the opposition, and to provide a neutral response. There are several neutral options, "Let's agree to disagree" is one that can be used. In my case, I made a call for others to avail themselves of the information available and draw their own conclusions. The key to a neutral position is you can't make an argumentative point.

In this case, I ceded dreamer the final point, and made a neutral call for education. The proper response is to either drop it, or (for those compelled to have the last word even when others have ceased the argument) to reply with a follow up neutral response. The neutral-neutral should end it, like a hand shake, and the thread can continue on topic. Sometimes the other party doesn't want to drop the off topic spiral even though one party has reverted to a neutral response. They will respond to the neutral call with additional argumentative response; this has happened in this thread. In this case, the party that ceded with the neutral comment should simply not reply. Note I did not reply to dreamers second argumentative statement as I have already ceded to neutral and do not wish the topic to spiral. Off topic diversion CLOSED.

However, occassionally a third party will jump in and threaten to stir it all up again. So I thought I would take this opportunity to teach a few things about forum etiquette in handling an off topic spiral. As long as you are willing to cede to a neutral response, you can end the spiral. And for everyone on the sidelines, once one party goes neutral, don't jump in...it's about to end.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
However, occassionally a third party will jump in and threaten to stir it all up again. So I thought I would take this opportunity to teach a few things about forum etiquette in handling an off topic spiral. As long as you are willing to cede to a neutral response, you can end the spiral. And for everyone on the sidelines, once one party goes neutral, don't jump in...it's about to end.
So the final step is to pointedly go back on topic.

As in... thanks Snatcher. Her eyes really draw you in, don't they.

Last edited by Rev; 11-13-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Closed Thread