Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Everyone could mute the DVD player and we could sing our favorite song from En Concert Someone wants to sing Moi..Lolita avec moi ? (jk though it's a good idea)
Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think we're going to have to institute a no singing along policy, except Moi... Lolita which is rather mandatory.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Everyone could mute the DVD player and we could sing our favorite song from En Concert Someone wants to sing Moi..Lolita avec moi ? (jk though it's a good idea)
anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yeah, I think we're going to have to institute a no singing along policy, except Moi... Lolita which is rather mandatory.
hey now just cause I like to sing A Contra Courant doesn't mean I'm weird does it?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Just a word of warning: it's almost guaranteed that I will randomly break into a few lines of poorly-ennunciated French here and there. Can't help it. Has to be done.

Roman, I am so glad you've made notes, because I've just finished my second pass, and while there's some songs where I'll have a lot to talk about, on others I got nothin'. (My notes for 'Tempete' literally read "I gots nothin'".) While I fully expect to be the one to have to carry the ball for a good portion--which is only fair, it was my idea after all--I could use a little help especially on L'Email A Des Aimes, Parler Tout Bas, Youpidou and of course Tempete. If anyone can come up with fodder for a heated discussion for these, God bless you.

Though the start time is officially 4pm EST/1pm PST, I'll likely be logging on Vent sometime between 3 and 3:30 to welcome everybody and help to iron out any technical bugs before we start recording. We can co-ordinate a loose outline then, though I'd like to try and keep it as spontaneous as possible.

A few guidelines for tomorrow, if you don't mind:

1) Let's try and keep the language PG, if we could please. 'Damn' and 'crap' are probably alright, but nothing stronger if we can avoid it, OK? No F-bombs, please.

2) Everyone's opinion is valid. It's perfectly OK to disagree and debate--I'm honestly counting on at least a little friendly debate tomorrow--but please remember we're all friends, and this is supposed to be fun.

3) As a follow-up to number 2, please don't slam other people unnecessarily. This is not a vehicle to air your grievances about others. Especially people who aren't participating. Really especially for people who aren't even members of AAm. This applies specifically to people whose names start with 'Ice' and end with 'guru'. I don't even want to hear the name mentioned, please. Thank you.

4) An addendum to number 3, but important enough to warrent its own number: no slamming of the J-man, please. He's bound to come up--they got married about the same time that En Concert was being filmed, I believe--but let's not drag him through the mud, OK? I get that some people don't like him, that's cool, but I think he's an alright bloke...and apparently, so does Lili. Let's keep it light and friendly, OK?

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm so excited that I actually went out and splurged on a new headset & mic today. (Ooo, USB! Fancy!)

Can't wait to see you all there!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Hey, speaking in French is one thing, a cacaphony of bad singing is another thing. Nothing wrong with singing along, but there's a time and a place.
Ok, I know, you have to hit the talk button anyway...

Yeah, well, some of my comments are like, "that was real nice". I better get back to work on that I guess.

1) Yeah, people, talk as if Alizée was in the room. That's probably a generally good rule, except then all we might have here is a bunch of giggling and some little blabbering of merci.

2) Oh, and right off Ruroshen, you're wrong. that's all. wrong! (j/k )

3) Yeah, you should have taken care of that on festivus.

4) J-man rules! He snatched up the Alizée didn't he? You should pray to him for spiritual guidance ... on how to get super hot women.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
though I'd like to try and keep it as spontaneous as possible.
would you have me any other way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
especially for people who aren't even members of AAm. This applies specifically to people whose names start with 'Ice' and end with 'guru'. I don't even want to hear the name mentioned, please. Thank you.
don't worry the man you speak of can't possibly show up

and yeah just try to be cool and try not to piss anyone off although I'm sure a little conflict may happen but it happens

Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 AM

Well, I don't have any comments for some songs. But, I did notice one interesting thing about Tempête.
Oh, and there's another song other than MJ where Alizée says, chantez avec moi. One must obey. Which one is it? Ok, I guess there's little time left to figure it out.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I don't have any comments for some songs. But, I did notice one interesting thing about Tempête.
Oh, and there's another song other than MJ where Alizée says, chantez avec moi. One must obey. Which one is it? Ok, I guess there's little time left to figure it out.
You mean ML right? she says chanteur avec moi in the JEAM performance, too. Mavs posted a quote from Moco on AF here

And I never noticed this :

the JEAM outfit is a set of 2!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

omg not again lol, there you guys go again noticing things. How did he notice that? Rocket I need your assistance with a comment!

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
You mean ML right? she says chanteur avec moi in the JEAM performance, too. Mavs posted a quote from Moco on AF here

the JEAM outfit is a set of 2!
hey, thanks for that link to transcription
and take another look and give a little though to how things are arranged. It's not two pieces, that's just a belt to hold her microphone electronics pack on her back. Has this been discussed before? I missed all that. I really think there was years worth of Alizée talk that I missed.

Merci Fanny
Closed Thread

Tags
chat, en concert, ventrilo