Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
yea im pretty sure it's illegal

I think a loophole may be if we make cd's with samples of some of the better songs
-----------------
if we were really dedicated we could just simply buy a lot of her cd's and give them away as gifts, or as I found on my D.C. trip, just leave the cd's in strategic places in an airport
The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal
so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 07-07-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars
Korpiklaani has been active since 2003 (less than Alizée) and sing in languages that are far less understandable or common than French. They do not appeal to a mainstream sound, so why is it plausible that they just had a very successful North American tour, and Alizée can not?
If people can accept a bunch of drunks, sing about being drunk and getting drunk, in a language they can't understand, why can't they accept someone who speaks a well-known foreign language that is now nearing a similar sound to what's hip today?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ptsh-YRwFQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ptsh-YRwFQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If it has to be under 20 seconds, maybe something like this video I posted specifically for promoting her could work. It has several clips around 20 seconds in length. You could include attachments for links to individual 20 second links of songs to make it easier for them to pick and choose.

It's fairly easy for anyone to make up a video like this and post it so they can include whatever songs they think would work best, Psych, MCE, Gour, whatever.

Even though for the most part, where she has both an English and French version to a song, I prefer the French version, I started off this demo with all English songs because I thought they were the ones most likely to get played by U.S. station.

I started off with Youpidoo because it has a catchy beat to it and whoever made this video, had several beautiful views of Alizée in just this short segment. If the music doesn't quite hook them, then the video surely will.