Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Ok maybe not but for Soccer for example ur running 45 minutes per half, and it takes all the skill of the player, coach, and strategies to outsmart your opponent and outwit the goaly.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

American football is a coach's game, like CFH said. Its a game where the coach maneuvers his troops into position to advance and score. The pads are there not because every hit is a bonecruncher, but because those 3 bonecrunching hits a game could kill 3 people.

Rugby, otoh, is a bit closer to soccer. While its easy to see that American football is derivative of rugby union (end zones, field goals, scrum/scrimmage, shape of the ball, ball carried with the hands) the modern games aren't very similar. While any given player will get hit much more in the average rugby game, the hits are much softer and the majority of the impact comes from the ground. That isn't to say you don't get hit- you can get clocked, but you're not going to get speared. Rugby is more a game of endurance. I played for the first time a few weeks ago, 2 10's games- not even a full game, all told, and I was feeling it for the next few days.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
American football is a coach's game, like CFH said. Its a game where the coach maneuvers his troops into position to advance and score. The pads are there not because every hit is a bonecruncher, but because those 3 bonecrunching hits a game could kill 3 people.

Rugby, otoh, is a bit closer to soccer. While its easy to see that American football is derivative of rugby union (end zones, field goals, scrum/scrimmage, shape of the ball, ball carried with the hands) the modern games aren't very similar. While any given player will get hit much more in the average rugby game, the hits are much softer and the majority of the impact comes from the ground. That isn't to say you don't get hit- you can get clocked, but you're not going to get speared. Rugby is more a game of endurance. I played for the first time a few weeks ago, 2 10's games- not even a full game, all told, and I was feeling it for the next few days.
yeah I played rugby couple years ago, I tought it would be fun and it was, pain no biggy, but lol there is a limit how much a humans body can take. I fould out that the hard way when I got closelined and blacked out lol. Like u said ull be fealing every hit hit you recelived the next couple days lol. i stoped playing it , I was getting to concust lol. But I do play with buddys form time to time.

Barcelona won against Seattle. 4-0.

Last edited by Srbski-kralj; 08-06-2009 at 09:38 PM..
Old 09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Im a 100% Sone

USA vs El Salvador 2-1 great game, why didnt that goal count , still not sure about it. Mexico is going to have a tought match against Costa Rica. Even though Im rooting for USA to win this whole thing. I want Mexico to make it to World Cup.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Today was a very sad day.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1700/par...shot-in-mexico

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8479462.stm

Salvador Cabañas, my idol, my star, one of my favourite soccer players, was shot in the head in Mexico City. He was at a prestigious night club when some idiot shot him while he was in the washrooms. Not so long ago, he was awarded to the best soccer player of the continent. He currently plays for mine and Alex's fav soccer club, Club America.

Mexico is shocked by this. He had a surgery this morning, but the doctors could not take the bullet out of his head. He is still alive, but in a critical condition.

Now I understand why Alizee always brings like 100 bodyguards when she visits Mexico. You never now. YEAH, MEXICO IS FUCKED UP, SO WATCH OUT IF YOU ARE WILLING TO COME DOWN HERE.

Im a huge supporter of Club America and Cabañas is my idol, so I hope everything will be fine for him. I had just got this last week:

There are thousands of supporters waiting for news outside the Hospital.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

oh my god, that's terrible! =[ i hate when stuff like this happens. i am going to keep him in my prayers because something such as this shouldn't have to happen to anybody. ever. =[
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

This is really unfortunate, but I wouldn't get in a bar fight in Mexico City. There is a lot of guns involved there with the poor and the wealthy too.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

So the draw for the qualifying rounds for the European Championships have finally been made.
Who did Northern Ireland get in their group?

Italy
Serbia
Slovenia
Estonia
Faroe Islands

Couldn't be tougher. 3 teams that have already qualified for this years World Cup in South Africa.
I can imagine beating the Faroe Islands but elsewhere??
Be VERY lucky if we can manage 4th in this group.
Oh dear
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to the Arsenal VS Liverpool game tomorrow. Arsenal better not f**k around. All the Arsenal fans are totally pissed after we lost to Man U & Chelsea, if we lose than we are out of the title race for sure if not already.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
. All the Arsenal fans are totally pissed after we lost to Man U & Chelsea, if we lose than we are out of the title race for sure if not already.
Yes it is interesting to note how Arsenal fans a few weeks ago were talking up of the title, and now its all gone quiet. The same pattern happens nearly every season