Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road
Default "Le Matin" Interview

http://www.lematin.ch/pages/home/loi...contenu=335291

Quote:
Alizée: «Je suis devenue perfectionniste»
Trois ans de silence, c'est long, non?
Oui, mais j'ai pris du temps pour moi, pour faire le point sur tout ce qui s'était passé. Et puis j'ai mis deux ans et demi pour fabriquer ce nouvel album. Faire un disque qu'on aime, ça prend du temps.

Vous êtes devenue maman. Ça change complètement la vie?
Oui, mais du bon côté. On relativise beaucoup de choses.

Avez-vous été emprisonnée dans cette image de Lolita?Pas emprisonnée, car j'ai pris du bon temps avec mon ancienne équipe. «Moi Lolita» a été écrite avant que je ne rencontre Mylène Farmer. J'avais 15 ans, je me suis impliquée à jouer le rôle et je me suis rendu compte que cette image ne me ressemblait pas totalement. J'avais besoin de faire quelque chose de plus simple et de plus naturel.

Ce nouvel album, «Psychédélices», ouvre la voie de l'indépendance. Pourquoi ce désir?En fait, j'ai été à très bonne école et ça m'a donné envie de le faire pour moi. J'avais envie de faire des rencontres, de découvrir de nouvelles expériences. Ça passait par me séparer de mes producteurs.

Vous n'auriez pas pu le faire avec Mylène Farmer?Non, tout le monde le sait, Mylène et Laurent (Boutonnat, ndlr.) forment un cercle très fermé, familial, depuis des années. Ça ne se prêtait pas à ce que j'avais envie de faire. J'ai voulu créer ma famille et apporter mon univers.

En faisant appel à Daniel Darc, Jean Fauque, parolier de Bashung, ou le rappeur Oxmo Puccino, vous vous éloignez de votre univers, non?Ils sont éloignés de l'univers des deux albums précédents mais pas de mon univers. Si je suis allée les chercher, c'est parce qu'ils faisaient partie des gens que j'aimais, qui se retrouvent dans mon iPod.

Votre chanson «Moi Lolita» a été reprise par Julien Doré. Qu'en avez-vous pensé?
J'ai trouvé ça bien. Ça fait plaisir de savoir qu'une chanson a marqué une génération.

Lorie sort aussi un nouveau CD. Concurrentes?
Je ne l'ai pas écouté mais, non, on n'est pas en compétition. On ne fait pas la même musique, même si on a des parcours similaires.
Thanks to rozier over at AFC for the source.

Translation completed:

Quote:
Alizée: “I have become a perfectionist.” Three years without news, that’s long isn’t it?
Yes, but I took some time for myself and to (faire le pont) everything which had happened. And then I dedicated two and a half years of time to produce this new album. Making an album which one likes takes time.

You have become a mom. Does that completely change life?
Yes, but in a good way. It puts a lot of things into perspective.

Were you imprisoned by this Lolita image?
Not imprisoned, because I had a great time with my old team. “Moi Lolita” had been written before I had met Mylène Farmer. I was 15 years old, I became involved in playing this part and then I realized that this image did not totally fit my personality. I needed to do something simpler and more natural.

This new album, Psychédélices, opens the road to independence. Why such a desire?As a matter of fact, I had been very well taught [by Mylène?] and this gave me the urge to do it on my own. I felt like meeting new people and discovering new experiences. This happened by my separation with my producers.

You couldn’t have done it with Mylène Farmer?
No, everybody knows that Mylène and Laurent have for a long time formed a very tightly closed circle, like a family. That didn’t go along with what I wanted to do. I wanted to create my own family and bring [to the album] my own style.

By calling Daniel Darc, Jean Fauque, song-writer for Bashung, and the rapper Oxmo Puccino, you’ve distanced yourself from your own style, haven’t you?
They are far from the styles of the preceding two albums but not from my own style. If I went to find them, it’s because they were a part of the people that I like who are on my iPod.

Your song “Moi Lolita” was covered by Julien Doré. What did you think of it?
I really liked it. It’s great to know that a song has marked a generation.

Lorie is releasing a new CD as well. Rivals?
I haven’t listened to it, but no, we aren’t in some competition. We don’t create the same music, even if we do have similar careers.

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 12-01-2007 at 07:08 PM..
Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thank you TDM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the interview, TDM.

I have a question. When they ask her "Three years of silence, it's long, no?" And she answers with "oui". Is that not a negative question? (As in should be answered with "si").

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Thanks for the interview, TDM.

I have a question. When they ask her "Three years of silence, it's long, no?" And she answers with "oui". Is that not a negative question? (As in should be answered with "si").
Well, kind of, but not really.

The question still remains, "Three years of silence is a long time, isn't it?" Thus it should be answered with a simple "oui" or "non."

However, if the interviewer said, "Trois ans de silence, ce n'est pas trop longtemps?" (which really isn't even a question) and Alizée disagreed, she would say, "Si, ça fait longtemps..."

Not sure if that helped at all, but the "non" at the end of the question here doesn't really make the sentence negative.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Well, kind of, but not really.

The question still remains, "Three years of silence is a long time, isn't it?" Thus it should be answered with a simple "oui" or "non."

However, if the interviewer said, "Trois ans de silence, ce n'est pas trop longtemps?" (which really isn't even a question) and Alizée disagreed, she would say, "Si, ça fait longtemps..."

Not sure if that helped at all, but the "non" at the end of the question here doesn't really make the sentence negative.
Alright, thanks TDM, that did help. The sentance wasn't really a question except for the "non" added to the end, so I was confused as to whether it would be considered positive or negative. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

thx for the tanslation man

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:37 PM

marik is on a distinguished road

thanks Toc de Mac for the iinfo and providing the translation!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Each interview provides an additional peek into her personality.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:21 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Thanks. Each interview provides an additional peek into her personality.
QFT. Thanks again Toc De Mac!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...