Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Which album do you prefer?
Psychédélices 22 33.33%
Une enfant du siècle 38 57.58%
I can't decide... 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I am the same as you, Aron. I discovered Alizée just last December. I actually heard the entirety of Psych before most of MCÉ and half of Gourmandises. I wanted En Concert dvd to be the first time I heard her non-singles. But I absorbed those three pretty much as one experience, like you did. Which is maybe why I was not dissapointed in Psych like some fans were. I didn't fall in love with Gour/MCÉ Alizée before hearing Psych; if anything, my initial favorite Alizée was MJ music video Alizée. But UEDS is a big departure. Even fans who discover her in a year or two will probably think the same. But to me, this is even more the music she wants to do, so I support her with it. It also helps that it is amazing! This is the true Alizée, even more so than Psych, because she has said so herself, that this is the music she likes and has wanted to make. Remember, Psych is spectacular. It is still beyond any other dance or pop album. But UEDS just happens to be better.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Another tough poll! These polls just kill me lol.

So, another hard decision between two things Alizée... Psych and UEDS. Both are great and I love them both. At first I just couldn't decide. After listening to songs from each album for the past couple of hours to see which album I prefer, I think I have came to a conclusion. Psychédélices.

I am not going to go on saying which is "better", but I prefer Psychédélices slightly over UEDS. A lot of what I prefer to listen to can depend on my mood and things too though. If I'm feeling energetic and whatever then I prefer the more uppidy song. If I'm feeling calm and laid back and just feel like chillin', then I prefer a more chill song.

UEDS has great lyrics and music but I enjoy the diversity of Psychédélices. Plus, there are just a few songs on Psychédélices that really pull me toward that album over UEDS (Lilly Town, Fifty Sixty, and Par Les Paupières to name a few). A lot of beautifully made songs on each album so it was tough.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Psych will always be better than UEdS in my eyes.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

...i still cant decide...i like all of Alizee's albums
Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Psych for me.....no contest really?
I don't dislike UEds but it's not really an album that i can sing along to when i'm doing the washing up (these days that's the only time i really get the chance to listen to some music).
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Psych for me.....no contest really?
I don't dislike UEds but it's not really an album that i can sing along to when i'm doing the washing up (these days that's the only time i really get the chance to listen to some music).
Give it some time. Listen to UEDS a few more times. It won't be long before you start chanting "...never wanna leave you...never wanna leave you...never ever wanna leave you..." I thought that song was annoying the first time I heard it, but now it's just hypnotic for me.

Just out of curiousity, which song from Psych do you sing along to?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

All of them.

UEdS is a great album, but there is one song on it that I enjoy less than the rest of the album... not so with Psych (for me)
Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I like UEds but it's more of a 'headphones' album, if you know what i mean?
From Psych i can sing along on most tracks - 50/60, MJ and Lilytown are my favs from that album.
I always amaze myself that i can sing in many languages that i don't speak!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Give it some time. Listen to UEDS a few more times. It won't be long before you start chanting "...never wanna leave you...never wanna leave you...never ever wanna leave you..." I thought that song was annoying the first time I heard it, but now it's just hypnotic for me.

Just out of curiousity, which song from Psych do you sing along to?
I sing to 50/60, Mademoiselle Juliette, Décollage, and Lilly town the most!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Smile

Wow 7 votes so far for Psych. There were none this morning. Maybe by the end of this week we might see a close draw?

I don't know why but I've always thought it would be interesting to see Lilly perform Décollage live. What kind of dance movements do you think she would incorporate in such a fast-paced song? But then again maybe I'm wrong - maybe she HAS done it live and I just don't know about it.

Also, I've seen that video (I think it was a remix) of 50/60 and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of that in mp3 format? For some reason I like that slow speed version...kind of soothing.