Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-26-2014, 06:07 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Tal will hit a million likes on Facebook in the next few days...

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 01-26-2014 at 06:12 AM..
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Spreadsheet updated to Jan. 29th, and a new chart added.

Congratulations to Tal for crossing the 1 million mark on Facebook.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Spreadsheet in Post 122 updated to Feb. 4th.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:03 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't get it.... Tal has more than doubled her Facebook likes since before DALS. What drives the increase? Is her stuff played a lot on the radio? I checked out five France radio stations this evening and four of them were playing songs in English.
If you look at the numbers for some of her songs, in the past couple of years, she has 2 top 10 hits, one being Le sens de la vie, the other being a JJ Goldman song in which she did a duet with Matt Pokora. Other than that, she's had about 6 top 40 songs. That must be enough to put on a good show. I'm not sure how many concerts she's performed since DALS, but she has a ton of concerts coming up, so I'm sure her numbers will keep rising.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:44 AM

george007 is on a distinguished road
Default Google Trends

According to Google trends, the search volume is gradually going down
And we can compare the impact of Album 5's promo and DALS on public using this graph. The peak to the left of the graph is "5" and the two on the right are premiere and winning of DALS. Note that this graph shows only the last 12 months. (the rectangle in pic below)

When looking at the recorded past, DALS is about 40% of Psych volume, though it looks even smaller, so that's good enough . And MCE and Gourm are not recorded (the steep slope at the beginning).
People getting used to follow her through social media rather than searching for news in google, over time, might be a cause for the gradual decrease in the long-run.

I might sound pessimistic pointing these things out, and I don't even understand the mechanism behind the Google trends (all I know is that 100 is the maximum volume recorded and the rest is being compared to that) but I thought this was worth posting in here.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
According to Google trends, the search volume is gradually going down

I might sound pessimistic pointing these things out, and I don't even understand the mechanism behind the Google trends (all I know is that 100 is the maximum volume recorded and the rest is being compared to that) but I thought this was worth posting in here.
Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of this feature.

I tried "Alizée" rather than "Alizee" (because that is how I though they might do the search in France) and came out with a differing graph. (Not very different.) Also there were some regional charts. But somehow I exceeded a quota and it wouldn't display anything for me anymore.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I tried "Alizée" rather than "Alizee" (because that is how I though they might do the search in France) and came out with a differing graph. (Not very different.) Also there were some regional charts. But somehow I exceeded a quota and it wouldn't display anything for me anymore.
Ah yes, I did a worldwide search so I typed "alizee". Typing "Alizée" pretty much gives you the graph for France, but you can limit the search for France.
I totally forgot to do that so I did now and added the both search terms.

That graph is much more satisfying. The cause for that difference might be the Mexican fanbase. Now it has gone down and France has come to the top again.

Idk these numbers are so confusing
Old 02-11-2014, 08:28 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

not daily, but it show us interesting things:

Participation of Alizée in #DALS received a success. Except the comeback to TV lights, Alizée started to be again popular for french public. Before the #DALS , really high percents of Alizée fans on her facebook were from Mexico. But after #DALS, we see the amount of french people increased to about 186.000 people. Maybe not much, but about a year/s ago it was REALLY low (less then 50.000).

Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Where do those stats come from ?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
not daily, but it show us interesting things:

Participation of Alizée in #DALS received a success. Except the comeback to TV lights, Alizée started to be again popular for french public. Before the #DALS , really high percents of Alizée fans on her facebook were from Mexico. But after #DALS, we see the amount of french people increased to about 186.000 people. Maybe not much, but about a year/s ago it was REALLY low (less then 50.000).

Yeah, that's the problem with Google trends. It shows something else instead of the real numbers, like the same person doing multiple searches might be accounted as individual searches.

Tags
alizee