Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

http://rapidshare.com/files/37095002..._e_America.mpg

Here is a rapidshare link to the orininal video which is probably a better quality than the one that was uploaded earlier by someone else. I'm sorry I didn't get it posted earlier, but it seems like everything has been such a struggle with this. Getting my computer to read these files at all to begin with, first the video, then the audio. Figuring out how to get rid of the control panel. Not to mention getting to Paris, getting home from Paris, learning the ins and outs, litteraly of my brother's camera. Even picking up mailers for the cd's is a problem. I stopped at one post office yesterday and they only had 4. Stopped at another one today and they only had 6. I will try a ups store tomorrow.

But everything worked out really well. I was disappointed I didn't have footage of when I presented the letter to Alizée, but luckily Fernando came through in the clutch.

I did notify practicaly everyone who was getting a cd, so if you weren't notified, I'm sorry, but I tried to be fairest to the members who've been active members of this forum for a while.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-01-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Once again, someone posts the letter, but I CAN'T SEE IT! This sucks. Can someone open the file, copy the text from it, and paste it into their reply? It appears as just a big empty post. Like, as the grey color of the backgroud of the boards. I see nothing were you guys see this letter. Help?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Once again, someone posts the letter, but I CAN'T SEE IT! This sucks. Can someone open the file, copy the text from it, and paste it into their reply? It appears as just a big empty post. Like, as the grey color of the backgroud of the boards. I see nothing were you guys see this letter. Help?
Does this work?

http://alizeeamerica.com/letter.pdf

Might take a bit to load, but you should be able to see it.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 PM

FerAunger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Jajaja tu ingles es muy bien! Hablo espanol tambien por mi espanol es no bien
Gracias por la translaciones!!!
oh lalala, gracias amigo estoy mas en confianza! xD, I can translate French-English if you need

J'ai tout donné pour elle! J'ai tout dépensé
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerAunger View Post
oh lalala, gracias amigo estoy mas en confianza! xD, I can translate French-English if you need
The Human Translator! haha...yah I can translate text, I just can't translate what Alizée and the French say. But I can understand and speak Espanol quite well...i guess haha
Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 PM

FerAunger is on a distinguished road

New Video
=)
Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XWvLcahodI&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XWvLcahodI&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

J'ai tout donné pour elle! J'ai tout dépensé
Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Translated version of Alizée says hello to AAm. It's sort of a pointless translation but hey it helps a lot of people understand

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2O9zefOzTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2O9zefOzTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I just read Mark's story of the meeting with Alizée in AF. I don't think it was posted here and I don't think he would mind me copying it and pasting it here.

Just got back home from Paris.
Well, I woke up this morning not exactly sure that I would make it to Paris in time for the autograph session in the evening, and I ended up, through good timing and good luck, joining 3 great fans for a private autograph session with Alizée, watching her sign 64 CDs, helping her make space for all the autographs on the table, talking with her a bit, joking with her, getting our pictures taken, talking with her managers, and then hanging out at the store, watching the crowd file through and get their autographs, then spending the rest of the evening having a drink with a few fans before getting on the train back home.

I only have a mediocre camera on my cell phone, so I didn't really take any interesting pictures, but I think Dave will be posting his stories and his pictures on Alizée America, and maybe here too, and Fernando will have other pictures posted soon on Alizée America. I'd just like to say that I am truly grateful for the people on the forums who contacted Virgin, and for Dave for making the long trip over, and for Fernando who helped out with talking to the French staff, and Aron, who added a youth element to the group and held his own in front of Alizée. All great guys. And I'm glad that I was able to help get us talking to the right people once we got to the store. Everyone we met, from the Virgin staff, to Alizée's managers, was very kind and helpful.

I'm not prepared to give a full description at 3 a.m., so for now I'll just note a few random thoughts from today:

Fortunately, I was able to get out of work today, which allowed me to leave home later, which meant I was at home to sign for the package delivered to me containing the collector's edition CD, and I was able to get both that CD and the regular CD signed by Alizée.

Soon you'll see some pictures of the four of us tearing the plastic wrap off all 60 CDs that Dave bought. We did this in the basement of the store while we were waiting for one of Alizée's managers to meet with us. One of the Virgin staff thought that this was quite amusing, so he took pictures for us.

Alizée was wearing black slacks, a black blazer, and red high heels. Even in high heels, she still seemed very small. She didn't talk very much, as she was busy signing all the CDs, but I noticed that she may have been recovering from a cold. And her hair was very dark and straight. When Dave gave her a cap with the Alizée America logo, she said that she would try it on later, because she didn't want to mess up her hair before going out and greeting the rest of the crowd.

She got some ink on her hands after signing so many CDs, so when she finished, she left for a moment to wash her hands, then she came back and we got our pictures taken with her. Then she agreed to film a quick hello to the Alizée America forum (Dave asked her politely in English and I did my best to convince her in French).

After watching the crowd for awhile and catching glimpses of Alizée from the floor, I recognized a few French fans from the old Alliance forum. I spoke briefly with Angélique, who used to post here from time to time and is friends with Ron (Mayhem). Also I saw Emilie from Nidalizee, and her husband, Anthony. They got an autograph on one of the huge posters that was hanging on either side of the stage.

I also spoke for awhile with Aron's parents, who were really nice; the entire family was visiting Paris. That's right, they decided to visit Paris at the same time that Alizée was doing an autograph session, and Aron happened to get the chance to meet Alizée. Wish I was that lucky when I was 14.

My girlfriend Amber, who had to work later, showed up around 7 p.m., and we left with Dave to get some food. We were planning on going to a bar to get a drink, but we decided to come back to the store first, and we watched up close as Alizée signed the last few autographs and then did a short interview for an internet site.

Once Alizée left for good, Amber and I joined Dave, Fernando and his friend for a drink in a bar off the Champs Elysées. Again, great times. Then we ducked down into the metro together before splitting off to our various end destinations.

Dave and I both got interviewed by a strange-looking film crew; the camera guy and the interviewer were both kind of scruffy-looking, and they didn't really seem to be serious. But they were surprised to run into some Americans, and they asked some good questions. I kind of rambled on about how I was also a fan of Mylène Farmer (I wrote a thesis about her, so I felt that I should probably mention her), and that Mylène and Alizée each have their own styles and that I was a fan of both styles. Well, at least I think I said something like that. I'll find out later when they post the interviews on their website. Amazingly, these were the same guys who also interviewed Alizée at the end.

Dave also got interviewed by M6 while in the small room. They had the cameras on for most of the time that we were there.

I spoke in English for a little bit with the guy with the crazy hair, trying to convince him that Alizée should do a show in the U.S.

I didn't recognize anyone else in the room besides Alizee; I had speculated that maybe some members of her family might be there, but I didn't see any of them. By the way, it was a little weird as we were walking through the hallway of Virgin's offices; people in those offices kept giving us rather bizarre looks as we passed by.

That's about all for now. I hope we made a good impression on Alizée, and I thanked her several times for giving us this opportunity. And of course, it all happened so fast, I can barely comprehend it. What a day.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Hey thanks Scruff for posting his story! Both of your guys' stories were great reads I can't wait for your guys' interviews to pop up on the web(the one's besides the M6 one).

Thanks

SCRUFF!!!

I know your on and busy but just letting you know I pm'd you haha

Please answer cuz I'm super anxious to know right now.

Sorry if i seem pushy. THanks though

Last edited by User22; 04-01-2010 at 10:13 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I feel kinda like I am being pushy, too. Wasabi, that link didn't work. My phone said 'file type not supported'. Grr... All these pics and interviews, and I am only getting like a qarter of them... And can't see this letter. Blah, I am having bad luckzée! Well, at least the 'hello' vid works. Scruffy, that story had been posted but it's cool, some people have apparently missed it! Man, we need a thread for just the links/stories/pics/vids! Just those, though, not responses!

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 04-01-2010 at 10:37 PM..
Closed Thread