Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
You actually wipe peoples .... butts? That is the most disgusting job in the world... WHY DO YOU DO IT??? Why would anyone pick a job like that?

"Hey, dad and mom, guess what I wanna do when I graduate high school? I wanna go wipe peoples butts in hospitals! " Sigh, would Alizee do this?
I honestly didnt know that corpsman in the navy did actual 'nurse' work. i thought they were in the naval hospitals taking care of wounded marines and soldiers. if i wouldve known this, i wouldnt have picked this job. but the time will come when my shore duty has ended and i could go overseas with the marines and do some real dirty work

Last edited by nurvonic; 09-26-2006 at 05:04 PM..
Old 09-26-2006, 07:15 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
I honestly didnt know that corpsman in the navy did actual 'nurse' work. i thought they were in the naval hospitals taking care of wounded marines and soldiers. if i wouldve known this, i wouldnt have picked this job. but the time will come when my shore duty has ended and i could go overseas with the marines and do some real dirty work
Ah, i see. Well good on you for helping people Nurses are underpaid in my opinion just like firemen and policemen.

I think Alizee would pick a vocation of helping people if she wasn't entertaining.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Nurses are underpaid in my opinion just like firemen and policemen.
actually nurses make 22 dollars an hour lol...thats pretty good money if you ask me. its better than what im making right now
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 PM

Fisherman is on a distinguished road

Getting back to the subject, I'm a Marine Engineer and we get to design stuff like this:

http://www.navy.mil/list_all.asp?id=25737
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 PM

Oops, guess that image was a little large.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Getting back to the subject, I'm a Marine Engineer and we get to design stuff like this:
Lol, did they drop the boat from like 20ft off the water surface or something?

I've just started a graphic design business (business logos, brochures and things of that type), and I don't hate my job thank you very much.

Last edited by HibyPrime; 09-26-2006 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 PM

It slides down those steel rails sideways, like doing a belly flop and bobs around for a while. This one (1st of its class) was launched this past Saturday.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

I just finished getting a BFA in Photography with a Graphic Design minor but I was enticed by New Brunswick's new plan to keep people in the province by cutting up to $10 000 off of their student loans and came back to see if I could find anything interesting, if nothing great shows up I'll be moving on. So currently I'm in the listless limbonic void between university and reality and don't really have a "real" job to hate...yet.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Graphic Design? Darn, I guess I can't make "all maritimers are fishermen" stereotypes around here anymore, can I?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
Darn, I guess I can't make "all maritimers are fishermen" stereotypes around here anymore, can I?
Well, you see there when we weren't catchin nothin but the tuna cans and boots cause there weren't no more fishes we had to start picking the potatoes eh...lol .

Seriously though I've never been bothered by those jokes, we usually just pass them on to the Newfies(aka Newfoundlanders). A lot of people here say that everybody in BC smokes weed, which isn't true they're just stupid stereotypes, most to funny to let die so don't feel the need to be polite on my account...

[EDIT] It's probably in bad taste though to make jokes about the collapse of the Atlantic fisheries because although New Brunswick is mostly forrestry and farming, there are a lot of people who lost their livehoods directly or indirectly because of the collapse of the fish stocks. And no we don't really talk like that just trying to type the stereotyped accent.

Last edited by Twitch; 09-27-2006 at 10:50 AM..