Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road
Default You know your becoming an Alizee addict when.....

OK I dont really know whats going on here but this has been one of the greatest experiences in my life. I have loved all rock music since being a baby. Ive listened to a lot of rock in my day. I have a huge music CD library that contains some of the best rock n roll ever recorded. I am an avid music collector. All of the owners of used CD stores in Orlando know me. I am like a kid in a candy store when I walk into a music store. I am aclassic and modern rock fanatic. I have everything Madonna ever released for 28 years. I have a promo copy of her first release. etc etc etc and so on...... NOW that being said, when I was surfing Madonna vids on Youtube and stumbled into Alizee doing La Isla Bonita I have been absolutely unable to listen to anything else. I have played Alizee over and over for 2 weeks now. AND when I attempt to like put on some Zeppelin or mabey even some OZZY or anything for that matter all I want to do is listen to Alizee again. Her songs are playing over and over in my head at work. Everyone I see, all my friends, any neighbor I may run into at the bus stop, my coworkers, ANYONE, Im telling about Alizee. I am turning all my good friends on to Alizee. I am voting for her all the time. I play her tunes all nite long. I constantly have a smile on my face now. Am I becoming an Alizee addict? Is this healthy? Will I play Alizee too much and get burned out? I have said to myself I should limit how often I listen to her so I dont get burned out, however any resistance has been rather futile to say the least. Is ther something the matter with me or is this a normal reaction to finding Alizee? Any comments about Alizee addiction would be highly appreciated at this point. Smile. Rob will never be the same.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:29 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

alizee is pro that way, i myself listen to the heavy metalz and FINNTROLL. i can't say i'm affected to this extent, but, yeah. every now and then i'll refuse to listen to anything but alizee.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

My dear Robert,
You are suffering(enjoying, rather) from the effects of a Lilly bug bite. It's extremely severe in the early stages, but eventually levels off.

Though I wasn't nearly a huge music junky like you are, I did listen to a lot of mainstream pop music and such. When I discovered Alizée though, through a friend, that all changed. Alizée was all that I listened to, Alizée was all that I thought about, Alizée was what I was always searching for on youtube, Alizée was "..always on my mind"(Get the reference!?!? )

Don't worry, it's perfectly healthy. I find that in life it's great to have a little something to yourself that evokes a strong passion. I can say that the most severe effects of the bite are over for me, but dang nabbit, I'm still crazy about her!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Three is on a distinguished road

I feel the same way since the time I knew about her this was back in 2003 the majority of my music is Alizee my Zune has all her albums and all I listen is Alizee and now that the new album has arrived all I listen to is Alizee Les collines especially so I dont think that you will burn out as you say and I agree with wasabi I think its perfectly healthy
Old 05-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

It is the best healthy obsession one could have, just make sure you keep your door locked at night. But yah I was/is/can/will/always will/should be obsessed with Alizee and I finally found the point to life; to fall into a deep trance called the Lilly Bug. Just savor it Rob!!! You are a fan during a big part of her career, so watch all her videos and music when it comes out and just appreciate she is here

Sorry, have to stop my post, it's time for my dose of JEAM!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:01 PM

CALJ35 is on a distinguished road

Robert, You have been struck by the lightning bolt that is Alizee. If you are lucky, you will never completely recover.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALJ35 View Post
Robert, You have been struck by the lightning bolt that is Alizee. If you are lucky, you will never completely recover.
Never thought of it that way, that's why I always feel this Electric Current running through me whenever I listen to or see her
Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

It's basically the opposite of a crazy person. A crazy person will never fell/acknowledge that they are crazy, where as us Alizée fans will recognize our passion. Though to what extent that passion reaches.. well, that's a totally different story.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:29 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Never thought of it that way, that's why I always feel this Electric Current running through me whenever I listen to or see her
YOU BROKE SCIENCE ALIZEE = pure energy. i'm a genius.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

yup very severe case at first. only a year and a half in and still going crazy! though it has worn off a bit, I still have a strong passion for some Alizée for a good 10 hrs a day (the other 2 would be with my friends or some nice folk metal).

I used to listen to mainstream pop like wasabi did, then turned to hip-hop/rap, then somehow fell in love with rock (at the same time as I discovered Alizée).

from rock turned to metal, but for some reason Alizée never left my IPod and the zée effect was to strong for the metal and now I am here. though now I do love the folk metal stuff, but no where near as much as my Alizée.

so yeah, like others have said already, enjoy it all for now and you will never regret it