Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-25-2020, 01:47 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Have you ever heard of the Sci-fi show from the 60s called "The Outer Limits"?
I love watching the old reruns. The best part is seeing all the TV and Movie stars when they were just starting out before they got famous. The old Perry Masons were also a great place you can see a lot young actors before they made it big.

I know most of you haven't gone through 50 plus pages of this thread, so for me it all started the last week of November 2004. I was clicking through a video page and came across a video called "Cute Girl". Before I get into my short story for the younger members on the board this was before YouTube. Back then, people had webpages where they would post videos from around the web. This was back when having a phone line with DSL Internet was a big deal.

I was on this one page and I saw a video labeled Cute Girl and I clicked on it. Well as you can see that was it for me, I was hooked.

That Cute Girl Video was Alizée singing a cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita.

As you can see I've been a fan of hers for the last 15.5 years.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thank you guys for posting and it is as you mentioned her beauty and I think the music is timeless. You hear her songs for the first time and you can't say it's this decade's rock or this decade's pop or what ever. It's unique and it's beautiful and it will be grabbing new fans for decades to come, imho.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:06 AM

godpaks is on a distinguished road

Hi, I found the Alizee by coincidence.I was just watching my favourite streamer on Twitch.It always plays the song "J'en Ai Marre" with the clip at the end.When I saw the Alizee, I fell in love with her right away.I fell in love with her voice, her movements and above all her smile. So for about a month now, I have been accompanied by her songs every day and I also get to know her stories by reading information from various sources. Personally, I think that the album "Alizée En Concert" is a pure pleasure for both ears and eyes. Alizee's smile is one of the few things that has recently made me smile, so practically every evening I spend my time watching and listening to the album "Alizée En Concert". There is no shortage of beautiful singers in Poland either, but none of them have such magic in themselves as Alizee.
I'm also sorry for my English, which is not perfect, but I rarely have the opportunity to write a longer speech and grammatically it may not be the best. Greetings to all the forum members.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:22 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by godpaks View Post
Hi, I found the Alizee by coincidence.I was just watching my favourite streamer on Twitch.It always plays the song "J'en Ai Marre" with the clip at the end.When I saw the Alizee, I fell in love with her right away.I fell in love with her voice, her movements and above all her smile. So for about a month now, I have been accompanied by her songs every day and I also get to know her stories by reading information from various sources. Personally, I think that the album "Alizée En Concert" is a pure pleasure for both ears and eyes. Alizee's smile is one of the few things that has recently made me smile, so practically every evening I spend my time watching and listening to the album "Alizée En Concert". There is no shortage of beautiful singers in Poland either, but none of them have such magic in themselves as Alizee.
I'm also sorry for my English, which is not perfect, but I rarely have the opportunity to write a longer speech and grammatically it may not be the best. Greetings to all the forum members.
Nice story, welcome to the forum!
Old 08-24-2020, 11:26 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lol, I think I know the streamer you're talking about. I didn't discover her like that, but that does work. Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-24-2020, 12:09 PM

godpaks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
Lol, I think I know the streamer you're talking about. I didn't discover her like that, but that does work. Welcome to the forum!
His nickname an Twitch is PAGO3, he even has a special smiley on chat for subscribers where Alizee is wearing one of the prettiest outfits she's ever worn.
When I meet him, I will have to thank him for the fact that thanks to him I met Alizee.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your English is excellent, godpaks! Welcome! Thank you for your post. We are very glad you have joined this forum. There is so much of interest here. Please feel free to explore the many threads and posts.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard godpacks and thanks for sharing your story.

I, like you, discovered Alizee by coincidence a number of years ago, and it was J'en Ai Marre as well.

Don't worry about your English, because it is very good.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum godpaks and as others mentioned your English is very good. Even if it wasn't, it's not something you have to worry about here.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:15 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Back in February of 2005, I was downloading various music videos from the NewsGroups/Usenet. I downloaded 3 of Alizée's videos along with hundreds of other music videos. When I started watching the music videos I stumbled upon Alizée's videos by dumb luck. I thought she was sexy but classy sexy (not a sleaze) and was very attractive.

After gaining an interest in Alizée and then French and France, I went down to a newly opened French Bistro in my area and befriended the owner, a real French Chef from France. Within a few weeks we showed a 12' projection of Alizée's concert for a French club that I invited. The owner made money hand-over-fist that night and so we began showing various European concerts, about 1 every 4 months. After a while I helped the owner sweep up at nights and I got free French food every time I went there. At the end of the night, just before we went home, the chef/owner and I used to watch various Les Enfoires videos for about 30 minutes. It was really great.

After about a year we decided to put on a concert for Alizée fans (and anyone else interested) on her 23rd birthday. We had a number of fans show up from around the country and even 3 local fans in our immediate area. I had the cake made with a photo of Alizée on it and Chef Bertrand made a menu of Corsican food special to the occasion. The concert went on early into the next morning with various games and prizes awarded. It was really fun.

Because of Alizée's influence and myself (making the introduction), CF Hollister (on this site) got to personally know Chef Bertrand and began working as a Sous-Chef for him. Eventually, CF Hollister began running the bistro by himself and became quite a good chef while Chef Bertrand moved on to bigger and better things. CF Hollister eventually moved on himself and started a new career as a chef working for 2 other restaurants. La Creme Brulee French Bistro is now defunct (not because of lack of customers but rather everyone moved on to bigger things) but it holds many great memories for me. And so, that is my Alizée story... at least part of it.

Last edited by Davedel; 08-27-2020 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: clarity