Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I don't know how one would go about fixing this, but when you look up "Alizee America" in any search engine, underneath the listing it lists a few threads, including the one about "Corsica is the Poorest Part of France"

Just doesn't seem like the best thing to be advertising when we're trying to garner traffic
Old 01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I don't know how one would go about fixing this, but when you look up "Alizee America" in any search engine, underneath the listing it lists a few threads, including the one about "Corsica is the Poorest Part of France"

Just doesn't seem like the best thing to be advertising when we're trying to garner traffic
I think it can be fixed...we'll just delete that thread
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

or somehow add "no bots" to the thread.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

I was wondering how members feel about having a forum section somewhere on AAm forums where people could discuss Alizée related subjects that are more mature, controversial or simply annoying or unacceptable for many fans. I occasionally feel like discussing a topic, but I just know it will most certainly anger a lot of people here, so I just drop the idea. Also, we have some younger members, and although they certainly are very mature, some subjects might not be appropriate for them.

I’m thinking of a forum that would be private (not public) and that would only be accessible to members who have been warned about the nature of the topics discussed.

Would this be useful? Easily feasible?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

It would be hard to monitor, and it would most certainly go against forum rules hehe.

But what I do when I need someone to talk to about more mature topics, I find someone on the forum and ask if they would talk about it with me. I suggest you find someone you like or trust then PM them. That's also how great relationships start
Old 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
It would be hard to monitor, and it would most certainly go against forum rules hehe.

But what I do when I need someone to talk to about more mature topics, I find someone on the forum and ask if they would talk about it with me. I suggest you find someone you like or trust then PM them. That's also how great relationships start
Aaron, I do not mean to engage in any topics or discussions that would violate any of the AAm forum rules. My idea is to discuss topics freely with people who are open-minded. It just happens that, as it is the case for any celebrity, many fans are... how to say... “intolerant” to certain topics. I would prefer not to have to deal with an avalanche of “we don’t want to discuss this here, why don’t you just listen to her music” or “why even discuss this, do you like Alizée or not?” type of posts which make any decent discussion basically impossible.

The PM solution is not a bad idea per se, and I already use it to some extent, but this is not the best way to find people to discuss some of these topics. I think the best way would be to post in a dedicated forum (as suggested) and see who is interested. Then, I think that as connections are made and interests converge, PM becomes interesting.

My goal is to allow free discussion without hurting the sensitivity of people who are affected by “controversial” or less conventional issues.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I was wondering how members feel about having a forum section somewhere on AAm forums where people could discuss Alizée related subjects that are more mature, controversial or simply annoying or unacceptable for many fans. I occasionally feel like discussing a topic, but I just know it will most certainly anger a lot of people here, so I just drop the idea. Also, we have some younger members, and although they certainly are very mature, some subjects might not be appropriate for them.

I’m thinking of a forum that would be private (not public) and that would only be accessible to members who have been warned about the nature of the topics discussed.

Would this be useful? Easily feasible?
Sounds like a great idea to me. Honestly, too many members on here are ridiculously sensitive. Would be nice to have a discussion without people getting their panties in a wad.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I would suggest maybe trying these topics out in the chatbox, but it's not nearly as busy as usual. That and you don't get as many people's opinions or say on whatever subject is being discussed there.

I'm all for the idea if the mods and Ben are down. I suppose it would give the forum a little more to talk about, depending on what subjects would be discussed. It seems that these types of discussions and conversations get more feedback and posts as well as provoking a little more thought being put into posts as they often turn into debates. It's good for people to discuss the touchy or sensitive subjects sometimes. As long as people stay fairly respectful towards one another when discussing, I don't see what you're suggesting to be that big of a deal.

However, I don't think this idea will go through. I do vote up though. We could always try it and if it doesn't work, then can it.

The reason why I don't think this will happen is because it would essentially be the same as a discussion being posted in the 'Alizée Discussion' section. The only real difference would be that the discussions in that part of the forum would only be open to members rather than both members and visitors. I don't know that people would know exactly what to post and things could and probably would still get out of hand. While I agree there are some people who are a little more sensitive to some subjects than others, I also can say that there are people who could approach some conversations or discussions a little wiser or with a little more respect to other members.

That being said, if there is to be a sub-forum like this, then I think there should be an emphasis to the members that enter not only on the content, but to be respectful towards other members while discussing. Personal attacks and insults should be saved for PM's and resolved there, if anywhere on the forum.

Also, I think what Aaron means by the forum rules is that we're not really encouraged to post much that could be too offensive, rude, or personal to Alizée. Not that the subjects you have in mind are, but there are topics that could be considered as such.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I agree with a more mature section. I would love to talk about a few topics, but I feel when I post something, I get told I don't know what I am talking about by younger people or people trying to protect Alizee.

I'm just trying to talk about things and get people feedback, but it always turns to an major argument like "if you don't like Alizee, why are you here". That's not the point, not everything can be 100 % positive all the time. So I tend to just not post anything.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:53 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I agree with a more mature section. I would love to talk about a few topics, but I feel when I post something, I get told I don't know what I am talking about by younger people or people trying to protect Alizee.

I'm just trying to talk about things and get people feedback, but it always turns to an major argument like "if you don't like Alizee, why are you here". That's not the point, not everything can be 100 % positive all the time. So I tend to just not post anything.
Same here.

Tags
forum, suggestion box