Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing isabella. Looks like Matrix and Jess can stop their fretting. She looks to have long(ish) hair there tied into a ponytail. A nice, and simple, hairstyle, very different from the chopped look of the other photo.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

What some people don't seem to realize is that the Alizée that we all "fell in love with", so to speak, was merely an image created by Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. Everything - from the clothes and haircuts to the lyrics and dancemoves - was just a way to attract an audience.
The only time we really got to see the TRUE Alizée was in interviews and paparazzi shots. What clothes was she wearing in these shots? Mostly very baggy jeans worn low on the hips with a pair of big sneakers. Completely opposite of the whole lolita-image.

My point is that when Alizée comes back this time around we will finally get to see her REAL self, not just in the interviews and such, but actually in her music and her performances. So it's just silly when people complain that Alizée will be more "darker" and "goth", because what do we know? That might just be who she really is.

If you don't like that then you weren't truly a fan of Alizée, imo, but a fan of the image that Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat created.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 AM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post

If you don't like that then you weren't truly a fan of Alizée, imo, but a fan of the image that Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat created.
exactly!

QFT!!!!

Last edited by Moe; 08-16-2007 at 07:59 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Le fan irlandais

That's not strictly true clique, in a lot of the fan photo's she was wearing fairly casual clothes, it wasn't only those very baggy clothes that we saw, and part of the time we saw them she was pregnant, so that is understandable. We haven't seen her in three years, so her style may have completely changed. For all we know she may be wearing red lipstick and green dresses, we have no way of telling.

Although I agree with what you said about the public image, just the bit about her own personal style I am talking about.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
What some people don't seem to realize is that the Alizée that we all "fell in love with", so to speak, was merely an image created by Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. Everything - from the clothes and haircuts to the lyrics and dancemoves - was just a way to attract an audience.
The only time we really got to see the TRUE Alizée was in interviews and paparazzi shots. What clothes was she wearing in these shots? Mostly very baggy jeans worn low on the hips with a pair of big sneakers. Completely opposite of the whole lolita-image.

My point is that when Alizée comes back this time around we will finally get to see her REAL self, not just in the interviews and such, but actually in her music and her performances. So it's just silly when people complain that Alizée will be more "darker" and "goth", because what do we know? That might just be who she really is.

Well said, Clique!!! Lets keep an open mind!

And welcome to the Forum!! Seems like a lot of message board "lurkers" to this website are coming out now and joining our boards. Good to see!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 AM

I wasn't referring to the period during which she was pregnant, I was talking about the numerous photos of her shopping in Paris, being with Jeremy etc. In basically all of these she is wearing outfits similar to the one I described.

The list can be made long with photos like these.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Le fan irlandais

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I wasn't necessarily saying you were wrong, just that those baggy clothes weren't all she wore, although she did wear them a lot.

I was trying to make the point that her style may have changed from this in the three year gap, where we saw little or no photos.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Hehe, well fair enough, but you kinda missed my point with my original post.

I wasn't saying that the Alizée we see in these photos is the Alizée that we will see in a couple weeks. I was just bringing the clothes up to make my point about the whole lolita image being constructed by MF and LB, and not necessarily Alizée's true personality, and thus making it silly to say stuff like "but goth isn't Alizée's true self!". We don't know Alizée's true personality, ESPECIALLY since she's been gone for so long now.

Who knows what she will look like?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Le fan irlandais

Sorry about the little misunderstanding But as I said I completely agree with you about what you said about the image constructed by Mylčne and Laurant. We have to see beyond what they created and love the true magic behind it all.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Alizée fan

isabella is on a distinguished road

We will see how the real ALizée looks.

BTW tThat first picture that was posted from her new style was for a photoshoot of a gothic friend