Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
I'm so scared this will happen to me cuz im crazy about her but I can somewhat control these strong emotions. But with this new album I dunno....any tips to stay hooked on her???haha...but seriously
Hahaha, don't worry too much about it. I'm still going strong!
It has died down a bit, but nothing dramatic. As for tips... well, just do what you've doing so far.

I'm proud to say that I can go to bed without watching 3 hours worth of Alizée videos.

But I will say this though, there is a limit to the Alizée material out there. Obviously there's a limit to everything, but with Alizée, I find that there's not much material out there.

Just dozens and dozens of basically the same videos, and this forum. Other than that, I haven't been able to find a venue to go Alizée crazy on.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Merci Alizée

Justalizee.com published an interview with Benoît Sabatier, editor of this special issue of Music Technikart (January 2010), who met Alizée. It can be found on justalizee.com.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
That's always the danger when you overdo fandom...
Well, all you guys are right. In fact as much as I have tried to control it, it has happened to me too. The thing is, if I have a problem with Alizée it should be because I am no longer interested for performance or artistic reasons and then just say thanks for all the memories and move on. Instead I feel the pain every time there is a delay in the album and with every hiccup and dispite my efforts I think even have some resentment that she hardly ever writes to her fans or even updates her web site. The thing is that it's a bit of a paradox, a choice for the fans themselves that Alizée can not know. Just take Mexico. I think if they did not go crazy over her and spend countless hours talking about her and watching the JEAM video and promoting her then she would not be here today. So, we say that fans should control themselves and not take it too seriously, but the only way for Alizée to achieve this popularity is for people to maintain this flame for her in spite of what little they get back and in fact at times nothing for many months or years at a time. So, it is not so simple in fact and people sometimes trip out because she wouldn't take 5 minutes to say something to them. (I suppose you can guess that I was one of those guys who got screwed by the concert cancellation.) And I had to watch as her career seemed to go down the tubes and she apparently did nothing to prevent it. One finds all that love and support just wasted. And sometimes since then I find myself really fed up with her. But perhaps I overreact to some things. Now, it's yet another hurdle that Alizée must overcome.

But yes, it's my choice (if you want to call it that) to stick around because as much as Alizée may drive me crazy and leave me in depression like RMJ, I think I have never reached the peak of happiness and excitement in my adult life that I have as a fan of Alizée. (I've had issues since before I ever discovered her.) Really, it made me feel alive and apparently she really did change my life. Now, I find some of that excitement boiling up again.

Edit:

Interview the interviewer

This is hilarious, not only did he do a great job interviewing Alizée, but now everyone wants to do an interview of the interviewer.
from le post: http://www.lepost.fr/article/2010/01...diatement.html

Alizée as Madonna on the cover of Technikart: why her?

It's a cover that has causes a lot of gossip in the last 24 hours on Twitter: the singer Alizée choose the journal Technikart to make her media return for the occasion of the release of her new album, "Une Enfant du Siècle".

If the very presence of the discrete singer immortalized as Madonna creates an event, the choice of Alizée to represent a special issue of Technikart - the height of hype in print - has what it takes to surprise.

On Le Post, Benoît Sabatier, editor in chief of this issue, recounts his meeting with Alizée and the backstage of a frank interview.

We really didn't expect to see Alizée on the cover of a Techikart music special, how did you come to make this choice?

"It's true that at Technikart we have an image of being pioneers, and in music we often give the privilege to new-comers like Koudlam or VV Brown... But, what interests us in the first place is decrypting pop-culture, it's impact on our lives, on society.

Ten years ago, we had miss Britney Spears on the cover when I met her in Miami. Our cover has also welcomed big artists like Christophe, Justin Timberlake and Madonna, with long in-depth interviews!

Today, the choice of Alizée is not particularly incongruent, all the more so because 1) she produced her album with artists whom I have always particularly liked, Chateau Marmont and Rob, and 2) she corresponds ideally to the general theme that I chose for this music special edition: the mainstream." (note: the mainstream traditionally denotes the current dominant musical genres: rock, hip-hop and variety (variétés--it's a French thing).)

Alizée is an artist rarely in the media: did she accept easily?

"All throughout 2009, I regularly wrote about the connection between music of the "general public", mainstream, and artists top in their segment, confidential [underground?], noting that the border had become more and more porous throughout the 2000s.

Every year, in January, I run a music special edition. For this January 2010 issue, I decided to play this angle in 116 pages: there is an exciting development to analyze and I have a real devotion to popular music.

We needed an idea to cover. I immediately thought of Alizée, as I had known that she was in the process of working with the connected label Institubes on a new album.

I contacted the record company in November, not knowing if 1) they would accept 2) if the timing would correspond. The responses were positive to these two questions: straightaway my request was accepted with enthusiasm!"

How did your meeting go? The selection of disks?
"I first met Alizée at the shoot for the cover. I wanted her, in order to push the mainstream angle, to pose in a reproduction of an album label that marked the history of pop.

We sent some proposals, the choice stopped at "Like a Virgin" from Madonna. She lent herself to the shoot with pleasure, the atmosphere was very nice, and we agreed to do the interview the next morning, so that it would be a blind test, again to stay in the theme, with mainstream hits.

Blind, so she did not know the list, that I selected in a very professional manner, based on her life, based on what I wanted to know about her: a blind test is an excellent indirect method to gently bring up delicate questions and dig into the life of an artist."

Was there a response from Alizée that particularly surprised you?
"She lent herself to the game joyfully and had an answer for everything, speaking each time with enthusiasm and frankness with regard to the connection between the hit I played and her life: the anxiety of remaining a one hit wonder, the separation with Mylène Farmer, bad sales, the reprise of Julien Doré, being number 1 at 15 years of age, a star in Mexico, her connection with the elite, her coquettish image, her collaborations with Daniel Darc and the lyricist of Bashung... [note: to remind you, Jean Fauque also wrote for Bashung who is really big in France (see wikipedia)]

An hour and a half to listen to music and discuss in relaxation, joy and good humor."

Which other artists may one find in this special edition of Technikart?
"The special edition starts with 15 confidential [again, underground/unknown?] artists that we are defending (Hot Chip, Yeasayer, les Shades, These New Puritans…) who respond to a questionaire on the mainstream.

Some surveys follow, interviews, analyses and reports on the evolution of the general public music [note: I don't know how they can separate that from mainstream, to me they are synonymous], that goes from an article on Elton John's cocain years to a report with Camélia Jordana in studio in the process of recording her album while considering: the mainstream, the charts were yesterday, today are the niches (people, bobo, trash, cool, ado[lescents]...)...

The issue finished with this question posed to our guests: "Which hit marked a powerful moment in your life", responding to that question were: Frédéric Taddéi, Gaspar Noé, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, Mathieu Kassovitz, Jonathan Frazen, Thierry Ardisson, Bertrand Burgalat, Moustic, etc…"

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-09-2010 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: translation correction
Old 01-09-2010, 04:31 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Love Is All There Is - UNTRUE!!!

Roman, buddy! You love her and we love you! (This should be the new Barney song) Thanks for the translation from Le Post! Did someone translate the interview from justalizee.com yet? That one's pretty cool too. If not, maybe I'll get to it...

To All: my take on falling "out of love" with Alizee --
Well, I'm not IN love with her, but if I ever met the lady, I'm certain I'd be head-over-teakettles in INFATUATION with her! No doubt in my mind! Still, to really love somebody, you should at least KNOW them. Me, I love her voice. I love her music. I got thousands of LP's and CD's here, within arm's reach to choose from, yet they all smell like rancid peanut butter and sound like Lawrence Welk now that there is Alizee in the house.

Actually, my whole family likes her music a lot, now, too. (A couple months ago, they were sick of her and had to ask me to cool it.) And they don't even know what she's singing! Now I'm working on friends, several of my neighbors, and coworkers, to boot. She has POWER. Magic power.

I think the Technikart thing proves that our girl is FAR from washed-up, and at least ten times smarter and savvier than most people ever gave here credit for. I think she's very smart also in having put her child first, before career. As opposed to, say, Britney, who doesn't even know where her kids are most of the time. Or what about Courtney Love, who just lost custody of now-17-year-old Francis Bean-- that's something that should've happened 16 or 17 years ago! Okay, I'm being old-fashioned here...

I guess what I'm saying is I DON'T love Alizee. But I respect and admire the hell outta her. And I don't see why that should ever change. I don't expect it will.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:44 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Roman, buddy! You love her and we love you! (This should be the ...
Well, it's not just about being in love with her or not, it's also about having that bliss that one feels when discovering her and just wanting that to continue.

There's also the wish to see her life as idyllic and live vicariously through her. I mean I remember thinking at one point, well, if one can have a life like Alizée's, then maybe mankind is good enough the way it is after all.

You see, one can idolize Alizée on many levels and find, as you say, that everything else is somehow more dull now that we've found her. That's what happens when one falls in love (or limerence anyway). You weren't around when I was talking about having ALS (Alizée Limerence Syndrome) and one could say we were the Alizée Limerence Society around here. I'm sure if she could have some idea of all of this, it would seem absurd to her, both hilarious and scary at the same time.
Well, we'll see what I have to say once I hear the album.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Do you mean in this interview? This part?
You were right about the Fauque thing. But, since no mention of him has been made... I wonder if Alizée just took the idea and ran with it. Maybe she never even asked him to participate thinking she needed new people since the last album didn't work.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:

He talks more about the cover shoot. One thing no one's mentioned here was that it was designed fit the theme of the whole issue ("mainstream music"), not just Alizée. Like a Virgin was Sabatier's first choice, but he also liked the idea of doing Michael Jackson's Off the Wall ("l'idée de voir une jeune fille blanche reprendre la pose d'un homme noir me semblait assez provocante et facétieuse").
Whoa!!
Anybody know anything else about this?
I think this is what they meant, and it would have been awesome seeing her do this

Oh and btw, can anybody translate this for me please?
("l'idée de voir une jeune fille blanche reprendre la pose d'un homme noir me semblait assez provocante et facétieuse")
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Oh and btw, can anybody translate this for me please?
("l'idée de voir une jeune fille blanche reprendre la pose d'un homme noir me semblait assez provocante et facétieuse")
"The idea of seeing a young white girl take the pose of a black man seemed quite provocative and playful."

I agree, though it might have also been a bit "too soon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
You were right about the Fauque thing. But, since no mention of him has been made... I wonder if Alizée just took the idea and ran with it. Maybe she never even asked him to participate thinking she needed new people since the last album didn't work.
Yeah, that's what I wonder. Well, guess we'll learn when the album comes out!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"The idea of seeing a young white girl take the pose of a black man seemed quite provocative and playful."

I agree, though it might have also been a bit "too soon".
Thanks a billion Ben, and yeah from some super crazy MJ fan point of view, seeing her (whether they know her or not) do that right now might not be very pleasing. I joined the MJFC forums recently, and... we've got a few Lilly-crazies here, they have hundreds of MJ-crazies over there lol I know I would have loved it however . I like it the way it is though, it suits her more. Thanks again Ben.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Cool Wow

Man some pretty deep stuff in here lately. But yah it was Chuck that said he didn't love her as he found out, but that he respects the hell out of her. And I think in order to have that life-long flame for her I need to venture away from the "OH MY GOODNESS!!!SHE IS SO HOT AND HAS THE BEST VOICE EVER BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!". Although it will hurt not thinking about her every second of the day, I think I need to somewhat go back to my life of listening to the top hits in America. But hey her new album is coming out and I'm sure we will all be SUPER SATISFIED with it. MARCH 2010!!!!

Chuck-I guess what I'm saying is I DON'T love Alizee. But I respect and admire the hell outta her. And I don't see why that should ever change. I don't expect it will.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Got the mag today. For anyone who is interested, here are the parts with Chateau Marmont and Rob (don't know if this is already posted):

Image quality is not the best, but schould be readable.
Just don't expect me to translate it all...

Last edited by Fenris; 01-09-2010 at 07:22 PM..