Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 05-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarac77 View Post
It's from his show, Dress to Kill. His hair was short and spiky with blond highlights, so idk (but he is a transvestite so it could happen....maybe not so much anymore, but back then, yeah). But yeah, watch him on YouTube (or buy all his DVDs), b/c he's amazing. I get to see him perform for the first time in St. Louis in 2 weeks!
Dress to kill is hilarious, I also have Glorious; Circle; Definite Article; and unrepeatable. Great stuff.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:03 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
It's from his show, Dress to Kill. His hair was short and spiky with blond highlights, so idk (but he is a transvestite so it could happen....maybe not so much anymore, but back then, yeah). But yeah, watch him on YouTube (or buy all his DVDs), b/c he's amazing. I get to see him perform for the first time in St. Louis in 2 weeks!
Yeah he's really funny
other great standup comedians: George Lopez is freakin hilarious, Chris Rock, and Dave Chappell are really funny too

i just listen to the podcast - great job!
sounds like you put a lot of work into them - bravo
i like the little jokes here and there i.e. the Christopher Walken impersonation

keep up the great work
Old 05-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Dress to kill is hilarious, I also have Glorious; Circle; Definite Article; and unrepeatable. Great stuff.
Awesome, I have all of those but Sexie, can't wait to see that one. Don't know why I haven't got it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
Yeah he's really funny
other great standup comedians: George Lopez is freakin hilarious, Chris Rock, and Dave Chappell are really funny too

i just listen to the podcast - great job!
sounds like you put a lot of work into them - bravo
i like the little jokes here and there i.e. the Christopher Walken impersonation

keep up the great work
Thanks, appreciate it. But as far as those comedians go, just naming off random people that have had Comedy Central specials is no good. Eddie Izzard has so much more to offer, hearing those three names uttered in the same thread seems like "blasphemy, blasphem-u, blasphem-everyone in the room."

Last edited by ciarac77; 05-16-2008 at 05:20 AM..
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM

Cool

Quote:
Awesome, I have all of those but Sexie, can't wait to see that one. Don't know why I haven't got it yet.

Thanks, appreciate it. But as far as those comedians go, just naming off random people that have had Comedy Central specials is no good. Eddie Izzard has so much more to offer, hearing those three names uttered in the same thread seems like "blasphemy, blasphem-u, blasphem-everyone in the room."

Must we always disagree ciarac?
i didn't list off random comedians - pundits (and so do i) regard them as some of the greatest comedians of all time.

And unless i'm missing something what does Eddie have to offer that is so much more than Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle?

Some negligible cameos in obscure movies i.e. The Avengers, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, and Ocean's Thirteen - wow there's a list to be proud of.

Don't get me wrong i think the guy (or girl) is hilarious but to bash Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle just doesn't make any sense to me. They're comedic geniuses!

Please explain your untenable rationale

Last edited by tbailey; 05-16-2008 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Podcastress

Quote:
Must we always disagree ciarac?
i didn't list off random comedians - pundits (and so do i) regard them as some of the greatest comedians of all time.

And unless i'm missing something what does Eddie have to offer that is so much more than Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle?

Some negligible cameos in obscure movies i.e. The Avengers, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, and Ocean's Thirteen - wow there's a list to be proud of.

Don't get me wrong i think the guy (or girl) is hilarious but to bash Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle just doesn't make any sense to me. They're comedic geniuses!

Please explain your untenable rationale
Probably, on the first question. And let's believe everything pundits say. Or, let's IMDB him and pick out small movie roles he's done as he's made his transition from British street performer to star of a major American television show (or was that what the pundits said?). Anyway, I'm not explaining anything. It's a matter of taste. But your post did annoy me. As for my rationale for that? It's probably too untenable.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 PM

Cool

Quote:
Probably, on the first question. And let's believe everything pundits say. Or, let's IMDB him and pick out small movie roles he's done as he's made his transition from British street performer to star of a major American television show (or was that what the pundits said?). Anyway, I'm not explaining anything. It's a matter of taste. But your post did annoy me. As for my rationale for that? It's probably too untenable.
well when i say pundits i mean successful comedians i.e. Seinfeld, Larry David, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal...i think they know a thing or two about comedy and far more than we do

yes yes comedy is about taste and personal opinion but to insinuate that somehow Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle shouldn't be on the same thread as Eddie is just ludacris imho

and btw i used wiki and not imbd

and Eddie is in the new Narnia - not as obscure as the other ones i listed but i was trying to make a point

it's funny how in my first post i give you nothing but compliments and somehow you turn it into this - i wonder why
Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well when i say pundits i mean successful comedians i.e. Seinfeld, Larry David, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal...i think they know a thing or two about comedy and far more than we do

Ummm....am i stupid or doesn't "knowing a thing or 2 about comedy" basically mean, you have the capacity to hear and find what you have heard makes you lol \o/ LOL?

Its all in the ....uhhh....ear of the Beholder (or something)

But i think Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock are genius. George Lopez.....meh...no lolz.... And i don't know enough about Eddie Izzard to pass a judgement. But i did watch some stuff on youtube today that made me lol \o/ LOL!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Podcastress

Quote:

yes yes comedy is about taste and personal opinion but to insinuate that somehow Lopez, Rock, and Chappelle shouldn't be on the same thread as Eddie is just ludacris imho

and btw i used wiki and not imbd

and Eddie is in the new Narnia - not as obscure as the other ones i listed but i was trying to make a point

it's funny how in my first post i give you nothing but compliments and somehow you turn it into this - i wonder why
First, I thanked you for the compliment and meant it sincerely, as I do for all of them. But that doesn't mean everything else someone says isn't fair game for discussion.

So, thanks for dissecting everything I wrote after I said there's nothing left to explain. But let me try and explain it different this time. You could have put three comedians I do like in place of Rock, Chappelle, or (shudder) Lopez, and your post would have still annoyed me, except we would at this point be agreeing why everyone is so funny. If you're finding it hard to understand that I prefer Izzard over those guys (who obviously have seen success and I actually do like Chris Rock, but not my comedy of choice), well, just accept it as ludicrous and move on.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:36 PM

Cool

I think there's more than just hearing stuff and making people laugh when it comes to comedy

yes some people are naturally funny and its quite easy for them - but some people think it's an art and one of the hardest forms of acting. I'm no where near an expert on theater or comedy but i hold some level of high respect for comedians. People only with tremendous talent can do it.

The Academy Awards are criticized for not nominating an actor for a comedic role (it rarely happens). And i vaguely remember watching interviews with high-end actors saying that comedic roles for them are the toughest.

Yes it's all a matter of perspective but again my point was to say that it's very difficult for me to understand how Eddie is on different playing field then Rock, Chappelle, Lopez
Old 05-16-2008, 04:39 PM

Cool

Quote:
First, I thanked you for the compliment and meant it sincerely, as I do for all of them. But that doesn't mean everything else someone says isn't fair game for discussion.

So, thanks for dissecting everything I wrote after I said there's nothing left to explain. But let me try and explain it different this time. You could have put three comedians I do like in place of Rock, Chappelle, or (shudder) Lopez, and your post would have still annoyed me, except we would at this point be agreeing why everyone is so funny. If you're finding it hard to understand that I prefer Izzard over those guys (who obviously have seen success and I actually do like Chris Rock, but not my comedy of choice), well, just accept it as ludicrous and move on.
ok - i'll move on - i'm tired of this dicussion
no hard feelings i trust ciara