Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Well I saw one of the individuals that may have influenced Alizée when it comes to her tattoo's. Anyone see the new picture of "Madonna" deciding to flash her thong wearing bare cheeked butt to the audience in Rome yesterday? Did you also see the tattoo she has across her back? NO FEAR.

You know your career is in trouble when you're 53 and have dress like a 21 year old Britney Speers. Plus, you're so desperate to be relevant again, you need to flash a nipple and now your bare butt to the audience at your concerts to get attention from the press.

Not trying to change the subject but the tattoo on Madonna's back and wrist stood out on that picture from yesterday.
I saw the nip video, not the butt cheek. It saddens me to see Madonna like this. She used to be one of my favorite singer back in the 80's. She's worth, by some estimates, over half-a-billion dollars! She doesn't have to do this. She's definitely not desperate for money, but rather desperate for ATTENTION!

I would like for Alizee to be as successful and have a long career like Madonna, but definitely NOT like this! I'd rather see her retire in Ajaccio in 5-10 years after achieving financial security than see her on her 40's or even 50's still performing JEAM!
(Although the way she ages, she might still be able to pull it off )
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I would like for Alizee to be as successful and have a long career like Madonna, but definitely NOT like this! I'd rather see her retire in Ajaccio in 5-10 years after achieving financial security than see her on her 40's or even 50's still performing JEAM!
(Although the way she ages, she might still be able to pull it off )
That is what we all want for Alizée, married and living a nice pampered life.

This is the reason some of us are so concerned with this period of her life. Alizée's short sightedness of the long term effect these tattoo's will have on the romantic aspect of her life in the future.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think she's probably desperate to connect with today's generation of music listeners... her latest album tried to follow the current pop trends to appeal to my generation (I think we're Generation Z?) and it FLOPPED big-time. It's a shame, she has made her mark in music and will be remembered always, she doesn't need to prove anything to today's industry - but she tried anyway and it was underwhelming.

I sure hope Alizee has the sense to recognize that and returns to what she is really good at instead of being a follower and catering to trends that don't suit her as a performer. Innovation, not imitation!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 06-13-2012 at 11:49 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I sure hope Alizee has the sense to recognize that and returns to what she is really good at instead of being a follower and catering to trends that don't suit her as a performer. Innovation, not imitation!
Well, wasn't that what she did with Psych and UEDS?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, wasn't that what she did with Psych and UEDS?
Do you mean that she was innovative with those two albums or that they tried too hard to follow a trend?

I should clarify that I don't think she has ever really been a follower musically. Neither has Madonna, but Madonna's album felt very average and in-line with today's pop standards... there's really nothing from the album that Rihanna, Katy, or even Ke$ha couldn't have produced/sung. That was the comparison I was trying to make, with each release Alizee was doing something that was marketable, but still her own thing (with the exception of UEdS, which was not marketable imo). I'm hoping she doesn't change and try to do something that sounds exactly like something any other pop singer could do, I think she should come up with something that at least has a unique touch to it that will chart well, if only to get her name back out again.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Do you mean that she was innovative with those two albums or that they tried too hard to follow a trend?

I should clarify that I don't think she has ever really been a follower musically.
I don't think they tried to follow a trend at all. From what I understand, both Psych and UEDS were so out of the mainstream in France, thus they didn't sell well. She tried to do her own thing. Even though she didn't write any of the songs, she was deeply involved or had a lot of input into them, especially with Psych since it involved Jeremy. And I agree that she was never a follower. Even though she likes Madonna, she never tried to pattern her music or style with Madonna's. Unlike Lady Gaga who seems to copy Madonna's style and music.

Quote:
Neither has Madonna, but Madonna's album felt very average and in-line with today's pop standards... there's really nothing from the album that Rihanna, Katy, or even Ke$ha couldn't have produced/sung.
Madonna was very innovatve back in the 80's and 90's. She always pushed the envelop. A lot of singers today like Brittney, Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, etc. were clearly influenced by Madonna.

Quote:
That was the comparison I was trying to make, with each release Alizee was doing something that was marketable, but still her own thing (with the exception of UEdS, which was not marketable imo). I'm hoping she doesn't change and try to do something that sounds exactly like something any other pop singer could do, I think she should come up with something that at least has a unique touch to it that will chart well, if only to get her name back out again.
I wouldn't mind if her next album is more mainstream or at least close to her earlier music. As far a the French are concern, she already has "two strikes" on her (Psych and UEDS). We know that this could be her last chance. So, her next album really needs to do well if she is to continue to have a career in music. If her album sells well, then maybe Sony will allow her to do her own thing again.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:12 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If her album sells well, then maybe Sony will allow her to do her own thing again.
dont think so... Sony is now very careful in each thing about new album, cause like was posted many times, this is maybe Alizées last chance (however she can try it with another labels like EMI where is Matt Pokora )... It looks Sony take this situation really in their hands and try to do everything possible... and if new album will sell well, I think they will be still veeery careful...

or in the worst situation... it can end like by Psyché, where Sony stopped promo and so completely put Psyché in trash...

Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty certain that this album will do well and if it does well, she would be foolish to go off in another direction because she really hasn't demonstrated that she has any knack for the business, at least not a knack that will produce results at the box office. Like I said, I'm predicting this album will do well and if possible, if she wants to do another album down the road, hopefully she will do it again under Sony's guidance.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-14-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM

vermelho grande is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruff!

I'm with you on the Tats, but My handle should be

"Viejo Rojo Grande" so my dos centavos isn't worth much
with the younger folks!

By the way, check out Beres Hammond's ROCKAWAY on youtube, I'm sure it will bring back fond memories, we're about the same age......................

youtube.com/watch?v=N4k4nhYp5zI
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

When a woman gets a bunch of ugly tattoos and you still care a great deal about her, you know it's gotta be looooooveeeee!

<3333 Lili

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q