Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 12-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

I have been using IE 7 and everything looks all good for me. I have yet to try vista though.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:52 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

No problems for me I downloaded IE 7 when it first came out and I haven't had a problem on any websites. How is vista? Everyone seems to be making fun of it... like when the guy was using the updated version of Word. That was funny. Whenever he told the comp what to type it went crazy.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i really like Vista .. it is very nice. I have only had problems with some video editing software. most of the issues i have seen are due to software trying to do things it shouldn't do anyway (and vista blocks it, breaking the program). other than that everything has worked perfect. And it looks nice as hell.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:08 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
My god man, how do you live?
I don't play to many high end games: WoW, CS:S & DC. But I do plan on ordering from New Egg within the next couple weeks so that I can have my semester break to build a new rig. I'll post a new thread when I figure out what I'm planning on getting to get peoples opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
just installed vista at home (which is amazing btw) and I am not having the same issues I saw this morning at work. might have been a fluke or something.
I don't know about jumping on a new OS. It might be safer to wait another six-months or so a let them work out the initial bugs. But then, that might postpone me building a new rig. Grrrr, decisions decisions.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2006, 01:15 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
I don't know about jumping on a new OS. It might be safer to wait another six-months or so a let them work out the initial bugs. But then, that might postpone me building a new rig. Grrrr, decisions decisions.
by the time it has the consumer release, i think it will be 100%

it really already is IMHO, like I said, the only issues I have come across are due to security flaws in 3rd party software. Some Vista security features prevent some software from installing all of their 'call home' features and it tends to break it.

Overall I am very impressed with Vista, a lot of the best parts / features are hard to describe. I think eventually when people switch over, they will wish they had sooner. But it won't be available for a few months anyway, (unless you are a business).
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Dang, not available until end of Jan 2007? The prices are pretty high too, was Win XP this expensive at it's initial release? I might just have to wait until next year and see if school will offer a discount...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

Sorry about this going OT.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:04 AM
À Contre-Courant

Ernest is on a distinguished road

Stick with XP for the time being...
You don't want to upgrade until a few years have passed because at such a rate that when it is "NEW" there are too many problems and too great risk for your computer system.
....You can upgrade up the cost is usually a few hundreds of dollars...
Windows Vista is having more security tools good memory management and better apppearance than windows XP ....
But it costly for professional version of windows vista.
I will not suggest you to upgrade from windows XP, because it also ask for more processor and memory to run better performance...
I'am used windows vista now, but I need to open again and my windows xp, that's why I need create some sort of partition between of them...

Bottom line stay with what you are having now...