Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Memory Lane

Well we have over 15 years of videos of Alizee since she has become a star and that is not to mention the videos of her in school and at other times. I'm suggesting we form another thread, which I would suggest calling something like "Memory Lane" where people can post old official videos, fan videos or what ever that depict maybe a favorite song, remix, fan video or just a favorite moment and I'd like it to be a sticky thread. Do we have something like this already?

I was looking for an old L E video for another thread, when I came across this one. It had been posted sometime ago; I think well before the split and had been taken down for copyright violations. I believe it had been named Alizee - Goodbye Columbus. I had copied it and reposted it later with a generic name so it hopefully wouldn't be taken down. It's one I enjoy and I'm reposting it here, so others who I'm sure haven't seen it, might enjoy it too.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:42 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Alizée 2001 Les Enfoires.

Condensed version all Alizée.

Full Version

Old 02-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

hmm not sure i get this exactly so pardon moi if i get this wrong but it seems like a nice way to re-discover through others eyes and hearts . ALS the condensed version is great and thanks for also including her full . I don't recall ever seeing that condensed , though like SD said so many years of videos hard to remember them all . I am surprised of scruff selection . I'd always memory lane Amsterdam i must have watched it for a week straight lol . . but the new Nickelodeon is pretty amazing as being somewhat unedited and no flashy effects imho mo beta than others ( its like look i already know her name you dont have to shine text across her face . . . ( we really need to form an Alizee's Oceans Eleven and steal all the unedited performance videos ) . Now joking aside ( not ) over all the ones i watch most or listen to are my remixes of ML Techno and Jordyn Taylors - Shake It ( i can hear AJ's voice singing it and the accent would be mmmazing to really hear )

Credit goes to you Scruffy for making his MLT mix as that inspired me to want to mix .

Therefore my " memory lane " goes to

PS im still perplexed by how there are two versions of your video one full length of the song and the other which is linked above not being the whole song yet you cant recall how that happened.Its like youtube cut your video short...

Last edited by alizeefan; 02-15-2015 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: CURSE YOU PERRY THE PLATAPUS ! look im always editing my posts so come back in a couple hours when im done ^,.^~
Old 02-15-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
................... I am surprised of scruff selection ..................
Well what someone posts doesn't necessarily have to be a favorite. I was mainly thinking of posting stuff that maybe others haven't seen, especially newer fans or maybe just posting a picture, a commercial, an interview, that we haven't seen in a while. I was looking for a video to use in another thread when I stumbled upon that Goodby Columbus one.

It could be just a moment in a video where something struck someone's fancy. A moment you'd like to remember or discuss, but you don't really feel it's worth the bother of starting a seperate thread for each thing. Here is another one of those little moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Credit goes to you Scruffy for making his MLT mix as that inspired me to want to mix .

PS im still perplexed by how there are two versions of your video one full length of the song and the other which is linked above not being the whole song yet you cant recall how that happened.Its like youtube cut your video short...
First of all thank you!
I don't remember posting a second version of this and not deleting the original. I've posted two versions of a video before; in one case, several weeks after posting the original, I changed A Six Pack of Alizée and put a 2 after it which is what I usually do if I don't delete the second one. When I changed it, the first one had a good number of hits, so I left it posted because I thought people may have favorited it and would lose it; not knowing a second version was posted.

However I don't recall having 2 versions of the Moi Lolita remix. I'm sure I never used the full remix in this case. I always look at these videos in addition to just liking to watch them myself, as a way of promoting Alizée and using the whole remix would just be too long I think to ask a prospective fan to watch.

Along that same line of thought, whenever I come across a prospective fan, I usually show them my Six pack of Alizée video, because even if they don't like one song it quickly moves on to the next.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Nice thread Scruffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Classic vid!

Well as far as fanvids go the one that really got me most was Return made by Orion back in the day before Alizée returned to us in December 2007. I never actually came across that vid until 2010 myself though and unfortuantly I can't post it here either because it's not available anymore but I remember it well because it consisted of clips from the Gourmandises video which is my all time favourite Alizée music video and it had a great soundtrack to it aswell from Laura Pausini, it just blew my mind.. it was like looking into a looking glass.

Anyway here's the song and english translation

I am coming back to you despite my pride.
I am coming back because there is no other choice.
Remembering the days on another latitude,
Visiting the places where I would see you,
Playing gestures and words which I have lost.
I am coming back to you from silence which is in me.

Tell me if there is still for me
Another opportunity, another emotion.
If you are still there
One more new and fresh song.
Tell me if there is now anything of us still inside of your eyes.

Oh, no...your eyes...

I am coming back to you because I still love you,
I am coming back to you against the wind.
I am coming back to you because I need you
To breathe out the anxiety,
To feel your strong hands on me
And not to feel myself always so fragile

Tell me if there is still for me
Another opportunity, another emotion.
Tell me, if you are still there and more
Our song which is sounding again.
Tell me, if there is now anything of us still inside of your eyes.

Oh, no...

If you are still there
Another song fresh and new.
Tell me, if there is now anything of us still inside of your eyes.
Oh, no... your eyes...

Just tell me if there is and I will come back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Alizée 2001 Les Enfoires.

Condensed version all Alizée.

I always liked this performance and the way the crowd were so into it.. even back then it proved Alizée could sing great live and I couldn't help but notice around the 1:27 - 1:29 minute mark she almost looked like she was gonna laugh and was having a great time, I think it just emphasizes how great a live performace this really was.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-16-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Nice thread Scruffy!

Classic vid!
Thank You!

Quote:

Well as far as fanvids go the one that really got me most was Return made by Orion back in the day before Alizée returned to us in December 2007.............
Orion does great work. Laura Pausini (who I never had heard of before) has a beautiful voice and that's a great song, so I sent Orion a pm to see if he still has that video. I'd really like to see it.

That Laura Pausini video you posted is a great video in itself; beautiful woman; beautiful voice; very good video and I wlll check out some more of her songs later, but I already know what's at the end of that journey. I will enjoy her and her performances, but in the end, I will be asking myself what sets Alizee apart from so many other beautiful singers with so many other beautiful songs? Sometimes I get the feeling the answer is very complex; other times I think it's very simple. I'd love to find again what I found with Alizee, but I've been so fortunate in what I found with her, I do feel blessed for having her come into my life and I feel it's unfair to ask for too much and I'm still enjoying the hell out of what we have today.

Quote:
..................I always liked this performance and the way the crowd were so into it.........
This was a performance I liked because the crowd was so into it; in fact after the 1:40 mark, there are points where they just about drown her out.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:11 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Another live performance I liked was at a festival in Italy. The way she interacted with the audience with little waves was cute.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Orion does great work. Laura Pausini (who I never had heard of before) has a beautiful voice and that's a great song, so I sent Orion a pm to see if he still has that video. I'd really like to see it.
Good stuff, well there were many other Alizée clips that we're familiar with, if you get it maybe you would be kind enough to upload it to YouTube, cuz I for one would really like to see it again.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-16-2015, 07:23 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I was looking for an old L E video for another thread, when I came across this one. It had been posted sometime ago; I think well before the split and had been taken down for copyright violations. I believe it had been named Alizee - Goodbye Columbus. I had copied it and reposted it later with a generic name so it hopefully wouldn't be taken down. It's one I enjoy and I'm reposting it here, so others who I'm sure haven't seen it, might enjoy it too.

This video stimulates memories .... This is one of the old Matrix's videos, seems to me. That man was really amazing.
I remember ... ... several years ago when he was still active Alizee fan on youtube, I used to watch some of his videos. And he was indefatigable, he would made sometimes even a few Alizee fan videos per day, so that in a few years made them a couple of thousand, I think.
I watched many of his videos, and they were a great inspiration to me in thinking about Alizee.
Really a good find, ... brings nice old memories.

From the video: 2:20 What are you all staring at? ... 2:33 I am married to the fans. You are my life, voila!
xD

Quote:
It could be just a moment in a video where something struck someone's fancy. A moment you'd like to remember or discuss, but you don't really feel it's worth the bother of starting a seperate thread for each thing. Here is another one of those little moments.

This small part appeared in an interview with Alizee for the Belgium TV, Alizée - 2003-10-12 - Interview - News Report - Rode Loper - Belgium video with English subtitles at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9rK57OLmNM

Regarding Laura Pausini song,
there is a fan video with that song. It's Pour Alizée at http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m...r-alizee_music (select Quality 380 for viewing)

And finally my recommendation for the Memory Lane. It's Papillon de Nuit from the time before her career:

Even in this performance it's already seen that she's a future star!
Just see her courageous.

Last edited by comjoz; 02-16-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Another live performance I liked was at a festival in Italy. The way she interacted with the audience with little waves was cute.

This performance was in the town of Pistoia. When I made my first trip to Italy, I arrived in Rome. I knew Alizee had performed at a few places in Italy and I was really interested in two of them because of the beauty of the settings. One was Pistoia and the other was Taormina on Sicily.

So I went to Pistoia, because I wanted to better visualize how it must've been to be in this beautiful setting, watching this beautiful young lady.
A year after performing in Pistoia in Festivalbar they call it, singing Moi Lolita, she again performed in Pistoia during Festivalbar, this time performing J'en ai marre.

I wanted to post a link to that performance and I found apparently it was no longer on Youtube, so I re-uploaded it.

I then went down to Taormina; another beautiful, beautiful, setting and just sat in that Greco-Roman theater, gazing at Mt Etna in the background, day dreaming again of what it would have been like to have been there watching her.

Getting back to enjoying how fans get into it, I always enjoyed those 4 young ladies who were side by side, waving to the music at the 3:24 mark.