Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Wait so lets say I mailed a PTB single I want signed. I would put it in the appropriate packaging, and the I could put postage on it for the way there and the way back? How would I go about putting postage on there for the way back? I've never heard of such a thing.
I got my second good laugh today. What you do is you take a mailer, similar to the one I sent you your autographed cd in. In the box where it says "to", you print your own name and address. Then the hard part is putting postage stamps on it. Figuring how many stamps you need to put on it, you can probably do on line. The hard part is they'll have to be French stamps I believe. You then put this mailer along with whatever you are sending in another envelope, box or whatever you decide to use then ship it off to gay Paree!

I don't really think sending her a letter asking her if she'd be willing to do this for several people is a good idea, she'll have no idea how many she might recieve. Could be a ton of them and that thought might scare her off. So I'd just write a letter with a request for an autograph, just for yourself.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-13-2011 at 07:28 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I got my second good laugh today. What you do is you take a mailer, similar to the one I sent you your autographed cd in. In the box where it says "to", you print your own name and address. Then the hard part is putting postage stamps on it. Figuring how many stamps you need to put on it, you can probably do on line. The hard part is they'll have to be French stamps I believe. You then put this mailer along with whatever you are sending in another envelope, box or whatever you decide to use then ship it off to gay Paree!

I don't really think sending her a letter asking her if she'd be willing to do this for several people is a good idea, she'll have no idea how many she might recieve. Could be a ton of them and that thought might scare her off. So I'd just write a letter with a request for an autograph, just for yourself.
Yeah, but when I request an autograph I shouldn't send the CD right? Cause that's a tad risky...and thanks for the explanation Schools don't teach how to mail things for some reason And they say they are preparing us for life
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Another thing you could do Aaron:

You know the posters I showed you, that I had made at a local printing shop? You can also have them make a postcard sized photo. Find one of those shops near you, have them make one of those postcards of your favorite Lili photo, and send it to that Sony address, and see what happens. This way, if you DONT get a reply, then you really didnt lose anything major, you could just go have the photo remade if you wanted it back. And if you DO get it back signed, then hey, now you know the address is good, and you got a signed copy of your fav. Lili pic.

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-13-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Another thing you could do Aaron:

You know the posters I showed you, that I had made at a local printing shop? You can also have them make a postcard sized photo. Find one of those shops near you, have them make one of those postcards of your favorite Lili photo, and send it to that Sony address, and see what happens. This way, if you DONT get a reply, then you really didnt lose anything major, you could just go have the photo remade if you wanted it back. And if you DO get it back signed, then hey, now you know the address is good, and you got a signed copy of your fav. Lili pic.
Ahhh I see so its like a test run. But I would prefer to do a letter just so I don't get two autographs cause that seems a bit greedy I think I'll just send the letter asking her if she is willing to let me send her some CDs and for her to autograph them and be done with it. Yes, I have made my final decision
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Merci Alizée

You need to subscribe to MA's exclusive "Lili Guide",

I won't suggest sending CD or anything like just because of the shipping problems and all that. It's better to try Brian's idea.

1) Get a postcard size photo of Lili.

2) Buy an extra envelope.

3) Ask at the post office how many IRC would be needed to send a mail from France to US. Internation reply coupon(IRC) for exchanged with stamps of any country. Buy some extra coupons. For ex - if they tell you that 12 coupons are needed then buy 15.

4) Put the extra extra envelope, photo and IRC in another larger envelope, write down the address and voila.....

5) Wait for 3 months.

Theoretically that's how it should be done. This reminds of my days few years ago when I was trying something similar.

Now about the letter :

As suggested by Scruff earlier, I think that you should ask for the autograph for yourself and your letter shouldn't be on the behalf of the forum. It's not an official mail from AAm and we have already sent a letter earlier, so it would be better if you write it as a personal fan-mail.

Just to avoid disappointment, don't expect anything from it. I mean if you get a reply then it's great, otherwise you don't loose anything.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 01-13-2011 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: oops! It's Brian.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
You need to subscribe to MA's exclusive "Lili Guide",

I won't suggest sending CD or anything like just because of the shipping problems and all that. It's better to try Brian's idea.

1) Get a postcard size photo of Lili.

2) Buy an extra envelope.

3) Ask at the post office how many IRC would be needed to send a mail from France to US. Internation reply coupon(IRC) for exchanged with stamps of any country. Buy some extra coupons. For ex - if they tell you that 12 coupons are needed then buy 15.

4) Put the extra extra envelope, photo and IRC in another larger envelope, write down the address and voila.....

5) Wait for 3 months.

Theoretically that's how it should be done. This reminds of my days few years ago when I was trying something similar.

Now about the letter :

As suggested by Scruff earlier, I think that you should ask for the autograph for yourself and your letter shouldn't be on the behalf of the forum. It's not an official mail from AAm and we have already sent a letter earlier, so it would be better if you write it as a personal fan-mail.

Just to avoid disappointment, don't expect anything from it. I mean if you get a reply then it's great, otherwise you don't loose anything.
Great advice from MA. The only thing I would change is if you're going to send a picture, I'd send one that's 8 1/2 by 11. Makes it a lot more worth while and wont cost that much extra. Don't forget to include a thin stiff piece of cardboard, like they use in a picture frame, so the picture wont get bent.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 01-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Brian and not Brain
Old 01-13-2011, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the input MA...now I am thinking I should just not send anything...I was hoping to get a CD signed but oh well. it seems too much to go through If I would want anything signed it would be an album...
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, I also wholeheartedly agree with MA's advice.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Well if anybody tries it, let me know. I was not included in Scruffydogs last venture to Paris for signed CDs and I definetly would like one!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Thanks for the input MA...now I am thinking I should just not send anything...I was hoping to get a CD signed but oh well. it seems too much to go through If I would want anything signed it would be an album...
You know what, when something pops up in your mind and you want to do it and then instead of stepping back just because you didn't know about it earlier, you should just do it especially when there is no risk involved. At least you won't think in future that why you didn't at give it a try. Don't bother about the difficulties and the possible outcomes.