Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Well the pub is short and sweet

Welcome to the forum Morten_DK!!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:23 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The Charleston would work with a Blonde Alizée.

On a more serious note, she is attempting to sell over 100 000 tickets (a guess) for people to come see her sing and dance. That is a major undertaking. She needs to get everything right.

So far, she has not done so.

The Plusses
- She is still Alizée. Also, she still has a great personality.
- She won DALS.
- She was in high demand during the DALS tour.
- She is getting out there and making appearances.
- The Blonde video was competent.
- The album sounds good so far. If it continues in it's current vein, it should be at least good enough to work in support of the tour.

The Minuses
- Her blonde makeover will be a surprise to all of her fans - both DALS and older. She just doesn't look that good as a blonde (with the possible exception of the Amor Amor casting commercial - where I thought everything worked). Also, her current blonde hair style just doesn't compliment her well.
- She needs to stop picking her own outfitting. She is too conservative. The last few choices just have not worked well for her. When DALS was outfitting her, every outfit worked well for her. Some were showing more skin than she probably wanted, but they worked. She needs someone else to outfit her.
- She still has tattoos.
- She has chosen outfits that highlight her tattoos. (the DALS outfits drew the attention away from her tattoos. Her choices in outfitting on the other hand - for example, covering up in black - end up highlighting her tattoos.)
- Her dance numbers have been patched together. They are not fluid enough.

She is essentially out of discretionary choices. She needs to rethink her approach to this NOW, while there is still time to correct her direction. Each appearance from here forward is an opportunity to either remind the audience why they want to come see her, OR to say to them that she doesn't care. Currently, she is often mixing the second message with the first. She needs to change this, and fast!
I agree with just about everything you said. I've criticized the outfits, but have not said much about the tattos because I didn't want to set off another fire storm. In the early days, a good dress would complement her looks, but now these so so outfits just make the tats look worse.
I'm not really surprised she doesn't realize it, but I'm terribly disappointed that Sony either doesn't notice something or just refuses to do anything about it.
The ground work for a successful tour should have already started, but we had a video that had numerous dislikes which I think reflects a lot of other people who weren't happy with it and didn't vote. Then we had a couple of performances where her outifts were very lacking. She and Sony have to realize when it comes time for the tour to start, people will want to see a good show and if they don't expect to get one, they wont go.
A couple of years ago we discussed how after Alizee left MF, Mylene put out another album (actually 2 or 3, maybe more by now). She scheduled 2 concerts at an 80,000 seat stadium as part of one tour. The tickets for the first show sold out within 2 hours of going on sale and the second one wasn't far behind because Mylene knows how to put on a good show and more importantly, the fans know that.
Alizee does not know how to put on a good show and fans are seeing these performances where she's looking average at best and she's making bad impressions on a lot of them, but I think most of the blame lies with Sony, because what is happening is right in front of their eyes. Are they oblivious to it?

But a golden egg has been laid in the form of a song called Alcaline. It is a great song in my opinion and what it hatches into can make all the difference in the world as far as the success of the album and the tour.
They need to come up with a top notch video and she has to look her best. They don't want to let this opportunity slip away, because one as good as this, might not soon come along again.

P.S. Welcome to the forum Morten_DK!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-13-2014 at 04:49 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 05:10 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

http://www.facebook.com/alizeeprojec...38626356195255
Quote:
Alizée will be surrounded by 5 dancers on the BLONDE TOUR, in a setting inspired by a famous musical film, whose title is still kept secret... On the 18 songs that she will perform 13 choreographed. The public, they can afford for a few euros, a blonde wig.
I think that it's true.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:41 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to France in November. Sorry guys. If anyone is interested in my tickets (Paris and Rouen) - tell me.

EDIT: tickets are gone.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 06-30-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM
HipHopHead

Not very sure is it a good thread, but:

My Spanish generally sucks, but even if you don't know it you should understand the second line under 'Prensa'... Alizée in Mexico in September? It's only a rumour of course. And it's only 'posible'.

Last edited by Jacotey; 07-09-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
Not very sure is it a good thread, but:

My Spanish generally sucks, but even if you don't know it you should understand the second line under 'Prensa'... Alizée in Mexico in September? It's only a rumour of course. And it's only 'posible'.
Translation isn't perfect but better and easier than typing that up in Google Translate
It says:

Quote:
This year Alizée presents a renewed self in her album Blonde. The album's first single bears the same name, composed by Laurent Konrad with lyrics by Franck Deweare, Lionel Florence, and Pascal Obispo and already has one million three hundred views on YouTube.

Alizée no doubt will once again have us dance and follow the rhythms of her contagious pop that we won't be able to get out of our heads (meaning that the songs will be stuck in your head, cause they're catchy)

MARKETING

Press
- Send press kit to the media
- Possible promo visit in September

Radio
- Send disc to critics (who would review the album)
Also, at the top there:

Alizée Blonde
Genre - Pop
Release date - July 2014
Price - $104.00 (Mexican Pesos ofc)
Price Key - NMB01

Last edited by Fall; 07-09-2014 at 11:59 PM..
Old 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM

Backinblack is on a distinguished road

Hey y'all,
I'll be at the show in Biarritz on November 14th. I will be living in Pau next year. I'd like to come to Paris on the 25th but it will depend on my schedule.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:49 AM
HipHopHead

A new date for Blonde Tour has been added - November 8th in St-Avold

I hope that they know what they are doing
Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The fact they added another date sounds incredibly promising. One of the biggest reasons is I think it puts to bed the rumor she might be pregnant. No way would they be adding dates if that was the case.

Another reason is I thought that DALS was too long ago for people to buy tickets for the Tour, just based on what happened last December. I thought it needed the help of a good album to get people interested in the Tour. We did get a good album, but I think they wasted it. Quite frankly, I was expecting to be hearing of some cancellations very soon, rather than them adding another date.

So they must have some big plans up their sleeves, but when will we get a glimpse of what to expect?

As someone mentioned in another thread , august is typically when we see Alizée taking vacation. I'm sure she wants to get in some more quality time with Annily before she goes back to school. So I think next month will be a wash as far as the show is concerned. Hopefully we'll get some great pictures of a well tanned Alizée in a few weeks. September I would say,has to be the key month. They need to get some promo out there by mid month to sell this thing, unless by chance it's sold out already? I don't thinks so, but I also didn't think they'd be adding another date.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-26-2014 at 10:57 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Yes. I'm glad to hear it as well. With the album not doing as well as hoped, and not much direct promotion of the tour itself (at least not a lot of talk "about" the tour), I was concerned that tickets were not selling. However, I guess they are.

Tags
alizee, blonde, olympia, tour