Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 AM

alizeebrother is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvtq
yesterday , after i read the post of mikael from alizee-forum i worried about our Alizée :

so what's happening , agree with you guys she still has alot of fans , but what's she needs ??? i bet that she really needs French fans

like what Cyberus and Shep afraid , now i feel bad too , i hope the 3rd album will be perfect , i dont want our Lolita is forgot .
hey , we must recognize alizee's popularity cannot too fall a little because of 2year her emptiness . But after 3album released it will be different. have hopE!!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Yea, let's have some hope, after all when she released her 2nd album after a long gap and it was a success too!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:44 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Yeah I read that post too on the Alizee fan club forums. Interesting, I would like to know how Alizee feels about it.

Has Alizee ever made any comments about this? How does she comment without offending someone? Why would she comment, it could hurt her album sales.

Didn't Alizee say in an interview that the french people look at her indifferrently? I could have sworn i heard that in an interview.

Look, the french as a whole, see Alizee differently than the rest of the world no doubt. It's thier culture, their language. I have struggled with this myself as to the reason why Alizee is not as popular in france as you would expect her to be. Do the french people look at Alizee differently than me?

I think they do. The infatuation or "wow" factor is just on a different level for Alizee somewhere else besides france. Not saying france doesn't like her just that france is used to her language, her subtle french ways that at the same time blow the rest of us in the world away.

It's the language of love people... quite clearly we are all seduced by the talents of Alizee combined with the language of love. This combination is potent. Nothing new here, we are all victims of french seduction that's been going on for centuries.

But don't expect france to be as enamoured with Alizee as the rest of us.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

-umh, i have no idea
-maybe , they near her too much, sometime we easy to forget who always near us , because they as the part of our life, and maybe they boring to wait.
-Fiannly, we still support Alizée anytime
Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvtq
-umh, i have no idea
-maybe , they near her too much, sometime we easy to forget who always near us , because they as the part of our life, and maybe they boring to wait.
-Fiannly, we still support Alizée anytime
dvtq thats probably true cause you never go crazy when a rap song goes on or any other song thats played out so that could be how they feel
Old 07-24-2006, 04:57 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Didn't Alizee say in an interview that the French people look at her indifferently? I could have sworn I heard that in an interview.

Look, the French as a whole, see Alizee differently than the rest of the world no doubt. It's their culture, their language. I have struggled with this myself as to the reason why Alizee is not as popular in France as you would expect her to be. Do the French people look at Alizee differently than me?

I think they do. The infatuation or "wow" factor is just on a different level for Alizee somewhere else besides France. Not saying France doesn't like her just that France is used to her language, her subtle French ways that at the same time blow the rest of us in the world away.
This would be a good question to those who are heavily into other French music besides Alizee. And I don't mean those who occasionally listen to some French tunes like myself, but those who listen to lots and lots of different French artists. If there is anyone on this board like that, how does Alizee compare to the rest? I do think that she blows away all of the French artists that I have heard, but I haven't heard enough to surely say that she stands out even when it comes to entire French music industry (although I think she does).

On the other hand, given the fact that she's Corsican, she should not be viewed indifferently even by the French. From what I've read before, even though Corsica is officially a French territory, it is a totally different world compared to continental France. Some go so far as to say that the only thing they have in common is the language, and even with that Corsicans speak with a different dialect. Alizee herself was not too fond of continental France at first. In her early interviews, she frequently talked about how great Corsica is, how the rest of France was just not for her, and that she would never leave Corsica for France. She must love Jeremy a lot since she changed her mind about this and moved to Paris.

Going back to the original topic, I think Alizee got forgotten for the same reason as many other artists. As sad as it is, the nature of the show biz is that you must keep producing in order to keep yourself in the spotlight. There are a few exceptions (like The Beatles), but there are not too many of them. While this is unfortunate, silence periods like this bring out true fans, ones who appreciate both the artist and their music, not just listen to it for entertainment value and then move on to other things when that artist stops making new songs. I'd like to think of all of us here as these kind of fans. By the way, if Alizee's new album ends up rocking, I'm sure she will be remembered again by the masses even faster than she was "forgotten".
Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

I must agree in with dvtq that Alizée was probably most well-covered and reviewed in France that a two year+ lapse in her career would be too much a wait there.

Alizée almost completely avoided the media for a reason, which most likely was to spend time with her family in peace. For peace with my family I'm sure I would have done the same.

If she chooses to release a third album, I believe its going to be different, given such cues of her image changing, working on the album with Chatelain, and even rumored split up with Mylene Farmer, though I hear Mylene Farmer/Laurent and Alizée were still collaborating (someone please correct me if necessary).

Even if she doesn't release a third album the good news is that she will be remembered by all of us and history that her singing career was internationally successful and well-loved. That is good for Alizée which makes me a happy fan. We all support Alizée whichever path she takes.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

the first half part is good , about all of alizée song i have to say : " some i feel they look same same each other " , so changing is the good idea.
last part is .............. no, i dont want that , no , no , T____________T
Old 07-25-2006, 01:11 AM

pineapplejello is on a distinguished road

well put n prob true (
Old 07-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Did Alizee's relationship with Mylene and Laurent ended nicely or in a bad way? I am not quite sure if it ended in good terms because her official website (if it was) was suddenly shut down. can anyone please clear my doubts?