Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default It has been 7 years...

When I saw Jacotey's Happy bday AAm message in the chatbox, I suddenly realized that it has been over 7 years since I discovered Alizee. Suddenly everything felt very unreal and surprising.

I have stopped following like I used to do earlier. I do read forums, but most of the time I hardly know what's going on with her.

But often I find myself listening to her songs. In fact, everyday... Recently I have been listening to C'est trop tard almost every time on my way to the work. When did I start doing so, I don't remember. But whenever I feel like I don't have anymore of her songs to listen to, I somehow end up listening to a song which I didn't used to much earlier.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:15 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Six weeks until "10 Ans" for me.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's been over 7 and 1/2 half for me. I had always thought MA had been a member much longer than me. He seemed so informed about Alizée. He was the go to guy on matters concerning Alizée. This forum owes a huge debt to him in running this forum when Ben had too many things going on in his own life to do it. He did such a great job despite being unfamiliar with the ways of so many of the members on this side of the world.

As far as my fandomness, it's just as strong as ever. I can't understand why I haven't grown tired of her considering compared to her early albums, things have disappointed me and at times pissed me off. But as much as I've come to realize Alizée wasn't the princess on the outside I thought she was, I have learned how much of a princess on the inside she is. It bothers me deeply that I've criticized her as many times as I have, but I've done so feeling that honesty is the best policy and I feel it's best to let her know if I think she's made a mistake, even if the rest of the world feels otherwise.

I've been thinking about posting a story or better yet, making a video of my encounters with Alizée and I think at least for me, it will be an interesting one.

But first, concerning C'est trop tard, I'm working on a project that is somewhat related to that and I think it's turning out unbelievably well. Hopefully within the week it will be done and if people like it half as much as I've enjoyed the early results, I think it will be a huge hit.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

This December will mark 8 years for me, at least as a member here. I was checking out this site for a while before I joined, but I don't remember how long. I discovered Alizée in the Gourmandises era, sometime after Parler Tout Bas came out. I lost track of her and rediscovered her in 2006. Time sure flies.

Like MA, I don't follow Alizée as closely as I used to, but I drop in here every day to check things out. For me, the first thing that attracted me to Alizée was her music, and that's what I kept coming back for. Over time, I grew to like her also as a person. I still like her and I still care for what goes on in her life, but as her music has become less of a focus of her career, I admit that my interest has also lessened. I am following a few other artists who are out there producing music that I enjoy listening to, and so more of my focus has turned that way. Still, I like to keep up with how Alizée is doing.

Last edited by lefty12357; 10-13-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Old 10-14-2014, 03:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Over 7 1/2 years for me as well. I never expected to still be interested in her career after all of this time. And yet here I am, still checking in almost every day. It's surprising actually, and almost like a soap opera in that I have to tune in each day to see what has changed.

We have all spoken at length about what has drawn us to this particular person, so it does not need to be repeated here. I'm just glad I am in good company.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I have been following Alizée since before I found this forum, but it has not been as much fun before I found this forum and everyone here.
Have a great day everyone.
Stephen
Old 10-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Wow... After reading this post I realized that I've been coming to this site pretty much every day for the last 8 years (next month). I may not post an awful lot but reading about Alizée has definitely become a daily routine for me.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

It will be 13 years since I discovered Alizée in November.

I discovered her through Moi... Lolita when she was promoting herself in the UK. I saw the music video and after buying her cd I checked out her website and after checking out the dates ( I think it was called something like that ) section I captured The Passengers featurette twice on video ( as it was repeated later on in the week on TV )because I was blown away by all her Alizéeness.

Then I spent over a year checking out websites dedicated to her and only lurked on forums before deciding to join MF international. I posted over there for some years but still only lurked on Alizée Forum using it mainly to keep up with all things Alizée as I do with this forum now.. the only difference is I've now been a member of both these best forums dedicated to our girl for many years now too.. I think it has been 7.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
It will be 13 years since I discovered Alizée in November.

..................Then I spent over a year checking out websites dedicated to her and only lurked on forums before deciding to join MF international. I posted over there for some years but still only lurked on Alizée Forum using it mainly to keep up with all things Alizée as I do with this forum now...................
So were you a member of MF when Alizée left MF/LB? There must've been a lot of rumors floating around. When was the first time anything official was announced?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So were you a member of MF when Alizée left MF/LB?
Yeah I joined in June 2003 or maybe it was July, I can't seem to access the forum to check as it' down.. anyway my nick over there is nexus.

Quote:
There must've been a lot of rumors floating around.
I never paid too much attention to those rumours at the time as I was just grateful to have been able to see Alizée perform in En Concert.

Well after the concert at Le Zénith I waited for her and at one stage Laurent Boutonnat came out, I saw him and gave him a thumbs up and if I remember correctly there were some screams from the fans who thought they saw Mylene in the back seat, I can't be sure though cuz all I saw was LB. Well I did see Jennifer and Jeremy there too though, funny thing is one fan I spoke to thought Jennifer was actually Alizée in the back seat and then they left for home.

Anyway RMJ has stated Alizée already decided split with Mylene and Laurent whilst the tour was in progress and he's probably right.. I think they just stuck with her to the end of that era cuz it was the right thing to do.

Quote:
When was the first time anything official was announced?
srry I really can't help you out there, maybe you should ask MA.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur