Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road
Default OMFG. alizee

WOW... sorry im just very amazed right now and let me tell you why.
I remember finding about alizee in summer 2006. i used to listen to her songs when in the car and on my ipod between classes at my college so much that if i forgot my ipod and didnt listen to her songs at sschool, it was kind of depressing. i remember playing WoW and having her music bumping in my ears. i remember listening to her on my plane trip to hawaii. she was everything to me lol. she was on my mind 24/7 and i couldnt get her out of my head. then 2007 came, i got a job and i started lifting weights and i started to lose interest in her. by summer of 07 i was just a website visitor awaiting news on her comeback. then i just stopped...

now its 2009, i have a girlfriend, the job i got in 2007 closed, im freakishly buff now, and i havent listened to one of her songs since early 2007. i go on youtube and i decide i would listen to one of her songs again and try to wonder why the hell i liked her and her songs so much. i click on an old favorite of mine "a contre courant" and it all came back to me, the memories. the song just brought everything back to those good ole days and i couldnt believe i actually went 2 years without listening to her. i click on more old favorites "Lalize, jen ai marre, JPVA". wow i didnt realize how much i missed those days. she was the reason my 2006 was so damn good. school was good bcuz i would listen to her songs in between classes, just driving in the car and listening to her songs were amazing, even playing wow and listening to her songs while my cousins were at my house not aware of what i was listening to was a blast lol. unfortunately i dont remember a lot of the old members here, but i remember youpidoo. mannn... sorry for such a long post but i wanted everyone to see how much she changed my life just for that 2006, it was amazing and i just let it disappear. hopefully this summer is just like 2006, especially bcuz i found alizee again hehe.

Last edited by newalizeefan; 05-22-2009 at 08:18 AM..
Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 AM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

LOL. Cool.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Club. She does get under your skin in a good way.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hey man, your summer 2006 is my summer 2009!
i just found her many weeks ago, and i do the same.

i purposely take the long way home, simply so i can drive and listen to her just a little longer (AND i blast it pretty loud with my windows down.. hoping to attract the attention of a unknown fellow Alizee fan here in Naperville)
when i was at college, id be pretty upset if i forgot my ipod, cuz then it would mean no Alizee to listen to! and i had a lot of walking to do too..

hell, i listen to her for everything! doing homework, driving, reading, working out, taekwondo, running, and even sometimes before i sleep.

tis the new Alizee fan syndrome.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Welcome back to the family, Brotha. Alizee gets under your skin, but she also gets in your soul. I find myself humming her songs or mumbling them to myself in the poor excuse for french I've picked up from listening to her. Especially if I haven't listened to her for a couple days.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee Mid-West View Post
Welcome back to the family, Brotha. Alizee gets under your skin, but she also gets in your soul. I find myself humming her songs or mumbling them to myself in the poor excuse for french I've picked up from listening to her. Especially if I haven't listened to her for a couple days.

ahaha yeah man im that way to lol, my little brother once i na while just starts to say i should have never woken you up to see Alizee lol.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hahaa! s'matter of fact, i got yelled at for buying her albums by my mom.. she said it was a waste of money seeing as how i download the rest of my music for free. i simply said the generic "you don't understand" defense. which is true!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:03 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hey man, your summer 2006 is my summer 2009!
i just found her many weeks ago, and i do the same.

i purposely take the long way home, simply so i can drive and listen to her just a little longer (AND i blast it pretty loud with my windows down.. hoping to attract the attention of a unknown fellow Alizee fan here in Naperville)
when i was at college, id be pretty upset if i forgot my ipod, cuz then it would mean no Alizee to listen to! and i had a lot of walking to do too..

hell, i listen to her for everything! doing homework, driving, reading, working out, taekwondo, running, and even sometimes before i sleep.

tis the new Alizee fan syndrome.
yea man.. i used to take the long way home too HAHAHA.... even though i would come home and listen to her. yea i pretty much needed my ipod everywhere i went just so i can listen to her. i even went so far as wanting to learn french.
funny thing im NOT a new alizee fan. i just simply got sidetracked by work, gym, and girlfriend that i didnt really have the chance to listen to her anymore. one thing i can say is even though i only really listen to like 5 of her songs "L'alize, JPVA, ACC, JAM, la isla".... i never did get tired of those songs.
im glad im back. hopefully this summer brings me back to 2006.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalizeefan View Post
yea man.. i used to take the long way home too HAHAHA.... even though i would come home and listen to her. yea i pretty much needed my ipod everywhere i went just so i can listen to her. i even went so far as wanting to learn french.
funny thing im NOT a new alizee fan. i just simply got sidetracked by work, gym, and girlfriend that i didnt really have the chance to listen to her anymore. one thing i can say is even though i only really listen to like 5 of her songs "L'alize, JPVA, ACC, JAM, la isla".... i never did get tired of those songs.
im glad im back. hopefully this summer brings me back to 2006.
Well, there's much more to be found beyond those few songs, you should expand your collection. There are a LOT of non hits (and a new album since you stopped listening to her in early 2007) that are just as good or better than the hits.

And yes, I would love to go back to the early days of being a fan. The biggest part of the early charm was not knowing the songs. Right now, even though I don't know what very many of the words MEAN, I do know what a lot of the words ARE, and I don't hear the actual musical and melodic aspects as much as I used to, I just kind of sing along in my mind. Maybe the new album out this year (hopefully) will have that kind of charm again.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:20 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hahaa! s'matter of fact, i got yelled at for buying her albums by my mom.. she said it was a waste of money seeing as how i download the rest of my music for free. i simply said the generic "you don't understand" defense. which is true!
I'm like that also. The only CD's I have purchased since 2005 is Alizée's.