Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Jérémy had a lot of writing credits on the Psych album. Alizée had said she had not written anything and preferred to have the experts do the writing. Alizée used to have conversations with Mylene which influenced the subject matter of a few songs. I seem to remember something about her influencing the sound of MCE by wanting more guitar in it.

On the Psych and UEDS albums, I believe Alizée also had input on which songs to use and to some extent how they were arranged musically. So I would say she definitely had an influence on how the songs ended up sounding, but she didn't actually write any words or music, and she didn't play any instruments.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi-coton mi-laine View Post
I just thought if she wrote some herself, she could be more expressive and sincere through her songs, that would be quite special.
I agree 100%. It's quite different when someone is putting words in her mouth, although she could express it really good. It definitely would be much more special to actually find out what or how she feels about anything.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I agree 100%. It's quite different when someone is putting words in her mouth, although she could express it really good. It definitely would be much more special to actually find out what or how she feels about anything.

I also agree, it would be great to see Alizée try her hand at writing. But I think it's doubtful for 2 reasons. First, I don't think she feels up to the task and doesn't want to risk possible embarrassment. And two, she is a very private person and would not feel comfortable sharing her deepest thoughts and feelings. If she were to write something, I would imagine it would be about someone or something else, maybe something light hearted. In which case, we would probably not get much insight into her thoughts and feelings. Who knows, maybe she's already tried and it was decided by her and those close to her that it just didn't work well enough for public consumption.

The thing is, writing her own lyrics could offer her an opportunity for future artistic growth. I hope someday she does it.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

If you are a naturally private person, it's very hard to open up like that. Often when artists do dig down that deep, that's when their best stuff comes out. I don't know that Lilly will ever do that, but it might be interesting. She strikes me as a very intelligent person, who probably has some deep thoughts rattling around in her head. On the other hand, there are some very famous artists who have never written a lick of music completely on their own. (Elton John) There is no shame in that, everyone has their thing.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Just because she doesn't directly write it, doesn't mean that they lack any of her views or feelings. I mean, I know that Lee Hyori doesn't write all of her songs herself, but she definitely does have a large impact on them. I remember watching her on "Off the Record", and to start working on a song, she visited all the places from her childhood. I'm pretty sure it was for the song "A Barbershop's Daughter". All that work seems pretty moot if someone else is going to do all the writing.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 PM

So I saw on Rictor's profile (yes, I was creeping on his facebook page), and he had this quote from Alizèe:

"Kisses or French kisses? Kisses, because I think they’re much more tender."

When did she say this? I don't recall this from any interview that I've seen before.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
If you are a naturally private person, it's very hard to open up like that. Often when artists do dig down that deep, that's when their best stuff comes out
This is true. I'm a very private person myself, pretty much in the same league as Alizée on that score. My own art, of course, is writing rather than performance, and I put a lot of passion into it and there are clues to both my thinking on various things and who I am in my novels and poetry. But you will not find any real secrets of mine revealed in them.

I don't have any idea whether Alizée has a talent for either musical composition or the poetry of lyrics-writing, but if she does, the fact that she is a private person shouldn't prove any barrier.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
When did she say this? I don't recall this from any interview that I've seen before.
It was a quote from one of the many articles done back in the Lolita era. That quote came from a 2001 article if I remember right.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
It was a quote from one of the many articles done back in the Lolita era. That quote came from a 2001 article if I remember right.
Do you know where I can find this article?

Also, by French kisses, I take it she's talking about the tongue action? Or is there some other French kissing I'm not aware of? But uh.. who asked that type of question anyways?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Do you know where I can find this article?

Also, by French kisses, I take it she's talking about the tongue action? Or is there some other French kissing I'm not aware of? But uh.. who asked that type of question anyways?
Its from 2003 actually.--- http://www.alizee-forum.com/content....-Fan-2-2003-12

and yes he means kissing with tongue. The person asked a few questions like that.

Last edited by BrianO1; 11-17-2010 at 10:23 PM..

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline