Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road
Default 50/60 reassessed.

I was listening to Psych today whilst doing the washing up and once again i found myself thinking what a great song 50/60 is.
Does anyone know the full story as to why it wasn't released as a single?
There are all the promo CD's and the video but as far as i know it never received a full official release?
For me it has 'hit' written all over it?

Last edited by Junkmale; 04-10-2011 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

As a matter of fact, I listened to Psych as well today. If I remember right, some people speculated that since some fans criticized the leaked version of 50/60, that the change was made to go with MJ first. Others said 50/60 was never considered for the first single. I can't recall all the details right now for sure.

In my opinion, 50/60 should have been the first single. I think it was the best fast-paced song on the album and sounded like a hit to me as well. Either way, it's really too bad it got leaked. I also think PLP should have been a single, possibly the second or the third.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

and baby makes three. I too was listening to it this morning. I was dancing around the room while getting dressed and I thought the same thing about why it was never a single.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Well at the time of the leak, I remember people saying they did not like it, because it was not like the old Alizee album. Then I remember the music video came out and people said it was childish.

Then followed the website and the 3 music videos they released: http://www.psychedeclips.com

Again, people made gay comments about the version staring Julien and the other version with Alizee on a bike. Again people made fun of and started hating it.

The plug was already pulled on the 2nd single very quickly on promotions of it. It did not help the RCA was going through a restructuring as well.

I know personally that Alizee was very disappointed with the lack of promotions, but there was nothing she can do.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I, too, (or should I say four) listened to this today. I agree that it should have been the first single. There seem to have been a lot of missed opportunities for singles from all the albums.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

that song is awesome.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
that song is awesome.
I second that statement.

And the funny thing is, while mowing the lawn yesterday, I listened to it too Man, we must all listen to Alizee or something!!!

But anyway, I kept wondering why I never found a regular fifty-sixty single on eBay and stuff. It never occured to me that this never officially released and got mass produced Now I'm really sad cause I can't find any promos to buy and it's the only single I'm missing....urgh
Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

easily the best song of Psych for me! Should've been the lead single IMO and it's funny how similar it is to the sort of music you find on Mylène's latest album released at the end of last year... Alizée did it first!!