Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

You may still be in luck. They didn't have any in stock so they are supposed to contact me when they get some in. I don't think I'll be hearing from them though, mainly because I think they're too busy to package up a half dozen shirts, take them down to the post office and fill out customs paperwork. They aren't set up for that and I doubt if would be worth it for them. I think they just want to supply shirts to their students. But let's wait and see what happens.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Wow! I admit I am not very knowledgeable about that country. What spectacular photos. Makes me want to get on a plane!
A year ago I knew very little about Corsica. Since then I have spent a decent amount of time learning about their history and culture. During that time, I think I understand Alizee a little bit better. Corsican culture was influenced more by Italy than France historically. If Corisca could sustain itself financially, it would rather be an independent country because it has always been occupied by invaders except for a short period of independence a few hundred years ago.

Alizee's strong family bond and love of Corsica is something that is cultural, as Corsicans are very nationalistic and proud of their island. I believe that if Gregoire would have not agreed to move there, their relationship probably would not have lasted. I'll go as far to say that during the years that Alizee lived in Paris, she felt like a fish out of water. It was probably better before she got married, but after getting married and having Annily, she probably wanted to go home.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I think it makes so much sense and is so right that she moved home to Corsica. The fact that she did that, and is raising her daughter there, shows that her priorities are in the right place. She isn't embracing the life of a jet-setter celebrity to the detriment of her home and family and stability for her child and her own life and future. All the more reason to admire her!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:03 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It seems she's always had a tremendous love for Corsica. When she was growing up, if I got this right, she used to hear her parents talk in the Corsican language and wanted to learn in. In her early career when she was on the road a lot, she tried as often as she could to return to Corsica to be with family and friends. We've seen in different shows over the years such as Les Enfoires or DALS, where he'd form these strong friendships with other singers or dancers during the show, but then she'd return to Corsica and that would be the end of it. Corsica and family was all that mattered to her.