Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I've heard her music played and seen her performances played many a time. Except they were all in my school's computer lab since I spread Alizee to almost everyone in there lol. But sadly that was last year and it seems to have simmered out a bit :/
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Alizée Lover!!!

Steven0022 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I haven't, but I seem to remember someone in Florida saying that they heard Alizée music, and I think also someone from Milwaukee heard an Alizée song coming from a bar as they walked by.

During the Psych era, I tried really hard to get a local station to play her. It is a public radio station and therefore locally programmed and non-commercial. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/rad...s/the_current/ They play a variety of music and take requests. They have even played a few French songs, one of which was a song by Yelle. To my disappointment, I could never get them to play Alizée. I even mailed them CDs in hopes of sparking some interest, but to no avail.
Good Luck my fellow Minnesotan friend haha. Good to see you still around here yet lefty lol. Minnesota Public Radio needs multiple requests to play a song is the problem. I also tried and they told me there isn't enough interest in it so they wont play it. Maybe the both of us should call over and over again until they do hahaha. Nice to see you all again
Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven0022 View Post
Good Luck my fellow Minnesotan friend haha. Good to see you still around here yet lefty lol. Minnesota Public Radio needs multiple requests to play a song is the problem. I also tried and they told me there isn't enough interest in it so they wont play it. Maybe the both of us should call over and over again until they do hahaha. Nice to see you all again
Hey Steven !!! Nice to see you're still around too!

Yeah I figured one lone voice wouldn't do it. But sometimes if you can spark someone's interest at a station, they might just play it because it's something different. Yes I know, it was a long shot.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Never heard it at all on the radio, even cycled through francophone stations . Music stores dont even carry her CDs other than MCE and Gourmandise at the HMV Superstore, and only 1 copy of each.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
Never heard it at all on the radio, even cycled through francophone stations . Music stores dont even carry her CDs other than MCE and Gourmandise at the HMV Superstore, and only 1 copy of each.
Man I don't really even care if she gets played on the radio(of course I would like her to but that is a very big wish that will most likely not happen), I'm just happy that her CDs can be bought on iTunes and American Store Sites like BestBuy.com, Amazon.com, and Target.com
Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 AM

warren_brown2013 is on a distinguished road

well, to me. its always fun playing Alizee in public!!! Where I live millions of Americans don't know Alizee!!! And its sometimes fun playing her music in Store. Because in the store they have displays of computers like in BestBuy and the apple store. I love getting on the iMac is Full HD and I always play Alizee Music Video from Alizeeamerica.com!!!! It's so awesome, because alot of people just stair at Alizee by me, while i'm watching. I remember there was ten people behind me just watching who she was!! Some people was don't care, but Americans will never understand Alizee!!!! But its sometimes fun playing Alizee in public, beucause people try to find out who she is, and her music is sooo amazing, better then American music!!!! Also, i play Alizee loud on the computer displays in store, and people just walk by me wondering who she is. I feel i'm the only America who listens to Alizee!!!!!!! I never heared other people playing alizee.... beside me where i live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

well you have us. we are all friends warren
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 PM

Thanks!!!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Man I don't really even care if she gets played on the radio(of course I would like her to but that is a very big wish that will most likely not happen), I'm just happy that her CDs can be bought on iTunes and American Store Sites like BestBuy.com, Amazon.com, and Target.com
This a good point, Aaron. I really enjoyed the fact I could get the good French version of En Concert and all her CDs from Amazon. I think I dropped over $100 on one order. I love having CDs of music. Anyway, it sucks to have to get things from overseas usually. I have a hard time reading French, and the shipping costs often are more than the item being ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_brown2013 View Post
Thanks!!!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!
Yes. Yes we are. We are awesome and Alizée is awesome. It's not a coincidence.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM

LOOK GUYS, SO BIG!! I LOVE BIG PHOTO'S OF ALIZEE!!!!