Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-10-2008, 10:26 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Raptor is right. It doesn't have to be Shea Stadium. She could hold it at Radio City Music Hall or anywhere in the theater district. OOOO I just had a thought...have at the base of Lady Liberty. Nawww ferget about it!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rocket. Shea ewhh Mets lol, nahh it should be at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx; just kidding. A Liberty Island concert I would like, but that would be sooo expensive and I dont even think its ever been done before. A central park concert, or one by the Freedom Tower construction site aka (ground zero) would be kool.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Raptor is right. It doesn't have to be Shea Stadium. She could hold it at Radio City Music Hall or anywhere in the theater district. OOOO I just had a thought...have at the base of Lady Liberty. Nawww ferget about it!
Since the French have helped us out (i.e. financing the Revolutionary War and giving us the Statue of Liberty....i think it only fair we make every attempt to get an Alizée concert in the United States!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:07 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

You know, niche artists have been known to do tours in the US in small venues....as a case study, the chalga stars like Gloria, Kamelia, etc. from Bulgaria occasionally make a US tour, hitting the Bulgarian expatriate centers (e.g., New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Seattle, etc.) Sure, they don't sell out 50,000 ticket concerts like they do back home; they usually play restaurants (although they usually do a fair amount of that back home too). It can in principle be done, but whether it's in her cards or not is another story.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:07 AM
J'adore alizee

nightbug is on a distinguished road

Yeah def. We all have to do everything we can to make this a reality. I'm worried that the US shows may be canceled if they don't sell enough tickets. What we should all do, is buy 5 tickets each, to the show that we are going to attend and give the others to potential fans.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm really pissed at one of my local radio stations. They are a public station that is locally programmed and every Saturday night is all requests. I request Alizée every Saturday night and they never play her. I sent them her new CD so they can't say it's not available, and still they don't play her. Last night they played "A Cause Des Garçons" by Yelle, so I know they play French music. Maybe next Saturday I will post a link to their request page here and hopefully you guys will help me bombard them with requests. I have been requesting Fifty Sixty since it's Alizée's new single and seems to be well liked by most everyone.

I am also worried about a U.S. show being canceled, or for that matter, never even getting booked. Somehow we have to make the U.S. media take notice of Alizée to help generate some awareness and interest. RCA made the first move by mentioning a concert. Maybe the ball is now in our court to demonstrate that we are truly interested. They are probably waiting to see if her U.S. fans will make something happen, like what the fans did in Mexico.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
J'adore alizee

nightbug is on a distinguished road

YES, we all need to bombard our local radio stations with requests for Alizee.

Yelle is touring the US & Canada this summer. I'm not a huge fan of hers. But it's awesome to see a French artist get some recognition in North America.

I am a huge fan of Emilie Simon. And she has a US record deal now and toured the 10 major US cities as well as the major Canadien cities last year.

DON'T ever let anyone tell you that there is not a market for French music in North America.

I'm wondering whether RCA is planning to give Psychedélicés a US release. What they should do, is throw about 5 extra bonus songs on it, J'en ai Marre and Je Pas Vingt Ans as well as the American versions of those songs and of course Moi Lolita.

It does seem strange that an artist would tour the country when their cd's are only available as imports. Unless of course, she is playing only 2 or 3 shows in the cities with a large spanish population like Miami, Houston and Los Angeles. Which unfourtunately, is probably the case. I live in Western NY, so you can see why I'm rooting for a NYC show. It's only $99 and a 75 min flight to fly there on Jet Blue.

These are the cities that Yelle is playing:
22 : Seattle (USA) War Room
23 : Portland (usa) Wonder Ballroom
24 : San Francisco (usa) Independant
26 : Indio (usa) Coachella Festival
29 : Chicago (usa) Mansion
30 : Toronto Opera House
mai 2008
02 : Montréal (Canada) Club Soda
03 : New York (usa) Highline Ballroom

I would really love to see Alizee do a 10 city US tour and a 5 city tour of Canada. I would think Alizee would be close to the same level of poularity as Yelle is in the US right now. I've been to the Opera House in Toronto and it's gen admission, the capacity is about 450.

On amazon Psychedélicés is #36 in sales for French Pop. We need to get Alizee on the radio so these numbers start climbing!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a station here in Niagara Falls thats really big on pop / alternative and they play alot of 80s dance music on Saturdays. I think Fifty Sixty would fit perfectly into their playlist.

I can't post hyperlinks till I get 5 posts on here
but it's www dot river dot fm/

What we should do is this:

post a hyperlink to your local radio station and then we should all BOMBARD them with requests for Alizee!!!!

Someone did mention that Toronto has a radio station that plays French Music 24 hrs a day. I can't get it here but will look into it.

Let's get going..... let's show RCA were serious about getting Alizee to tour North America!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by nightbug; 05-11-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: misspelled words
Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
Since the French have helped us out (i.e. financing the Revolutionary War and giving us the Statue of Liberty....i think it only fair we make every attempt to get an Alizée concert in the United States!
I dont want to get into politics, but France kindve did turn their back on us. We already paid them back by bailing them out in WWII Normandy Beach D-day. They would be speaking German right now if it wasn't for us.

I do agree that we have to get Alizee here though
BTW i was trying to get you guys to do requests a month ago and you all know how that turned out!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 05-11-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Old 05-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I dont want to get into politics, but France kindve did turn their back on us. We already paid them back by bailing them out in WWII Normandy Beach D-day. They would be speaking German right now if it wasn't for us.
This is a contradictory statement, by saying you don't want to get into politics. Then stating we bailed them out in 2nd World War, you've entered a political discussion.

But i agree, i don't want to get into politics. Besides you're 17 and know everything there is to know anyway, right?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, for that same reason I still blame the Italians, the Scandinavians, the Spanish, the French and the Germans
for what they did in my country.
Or should we call that "history"?

Quote:
BTW i was trying to get you guys to do requests a month ago and you all know how that turned out!
No. Tell us all about it.