Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Since she has a big company with her this time, I think there is still hope. If her idea was to make a small and "intimate album" all by herself I would be worried. But is not the case, so she has at least one more chance with this album.
I don't think that her career would be over if it does not succeed. I can see her doing an album with covers of french artist songs, or working in a musical in France... Her career would not be over... But of course it would not be the same for us anymore.
In the other hand, maybe she retires if it is not worthy anymore...

As for the tattoos... everytime she has a new one, for me is like she is killing a little bit the image of the early years Alizée. That Alizée is gone, of course, but for me each tattoo, makes me realise that and makes it more obvious. It is silly, but that is what happens to me.
The good thing is that the music, theimages and the memories will be with us forever, no matter what she does in the future.

Another factor for her happiness and careless mood nowdays, can be the fact that her daughter is not a baby anymore, she is in school and maybe in extra school activities, as well, so Alizée can have more free-time for her.
I am being captain obvious saying that, but it is something that just came through my mind now.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM

CALJ35 is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of musicians go through three phases. First, they work long and hard to get some degree of recognition. Second, once they get recognized and if they're lucky, they achieve a level of fame (and money). Then, if the fame and riches don't ruin them, somebody, usually a silly manager, an idiot record company executive, or goofy boyfriend whispers in their ear that it is time to turn their back on what brought them where they are and do something "important." Of course, a lot of musicians come up with this idea on their own.

I hope that Alizee takes a lesson from her idol, Madonna, and realizes that there is nothing trivial about pop music and that it is a legitimate music genre.
I will never understand why so many people are smug and condescending to a type of music that has been around since before they were born and will be around long after they are gone. I just hope that Alizee's last "important" album taught her a great deal. I look forward to seeing a more practical musician who produces the kind of music I and a lot of other fans love and respect.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm curious as to how seriously she really takes her career at this point. Her last album had an almost "DIY" feel to it and seemed pretty casual, we've all discussed at length the lack of promotion that went into it. I guess the fact that she's come to Sony and is letting them take the wheel shows that she realizes another UEdS situation isn't gonna cut it - not that it's not a great album, because I think it is.. it was just too low-key to be good for her career at that point.

But I'm wondering if she's planning to make a real comeback to the mainstream and commit to that lifestyle for a while, or just do another small album, maybe a little larger-scale than UEdS, do a small tour, disappear again, rinse and repeat.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Admit it, do people really repeat?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I look back and wonder why did she go through 11 years of dance school. Was it because that Ajaccio is a pretty quiet place and she just wanted to do something to break up the boredom, or did she do it because she hoped to have a career as a dancer?

Then I wonder why she seems to apply herself so hard at Les Enfoires. So many singers here seem to make mistakes, because this is a show that is done for charity and they show up there and have little time for practice, but Alizee seems to hardly ever miss a note or a step. She seems to take it so seriously, and put a lot of effort into it.

If she hoped to have a career in dancing as I think she did with 11 years of shcooling and she takes it so seriously when she appears in LE with her great performances, then why in the world would she risk throwing it all away by adding tatoos? She has so little going for her now. Why take a risk like that?

EDIT: I had just signed on to Comcast to check my e-mail and they had an ad for the new movie Snow White. Could there be anyone more suited for this movie than Alizee? Maybe she's a little bit older than what they'd be looking for, but she definetly has the beauty of Snow White; if it was't for the tatoos. I think she either doesn't care about whether her entertainment career continues, or maybe she is just the Gomer Pyle of that same industry.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-20-2012 at 01:17 AM..
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

From Alizee Tattoos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
Let's face it, Alizee is not the perfect little girl we want her to be. She had that gecko tattoo on her ankle since she was a teenager. We have seen her in street clothes with her boxers at her waist and her jeans at her hips. I am only surprised she does not smoke.

She is taking a huge risk with more tattoos. If her last two albums went gold or platinum we may not care how many tattoos she has on her body. But since both albums burned out quickly all we have left is her. I think many of us are beginning to revert to her Lolita days until her next album comes out. And I believe this next album will either make or break her as a recording artist.

I feel for her right now. She has a beautiful voice but she cannot seem to find her niche. She is in love with the 60's but seems to use people like Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick as her muse. I personally like her slow songs like Idealizer and would love it if she recorded songs you would hear in a smokey coffee house or some hideaway bar. Just her accompanied by an acoustic guitar, big bass, a piano and drums.
From Other Music Videos:
Quote:
I would love it if Alizee recorded songs like this:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zX0gDdZFiJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-24-2012, 10:42 PM
n

Can I kill a thread or what?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
I would love it if Alizee recorded songs like this:
Would you say that this song fits Alizée's personality?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Would you say that this song fits Alizée's personality?
Perhaps not, but it does not have to match her personality. There are many artists that will tell you that the persona we see on stage is not how they really are in their personal lives. Many fans today are getting shocked over Lili's tattoos. They're finding out that their little Lolita has grown up. I think she would do great in small halls and clubs.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Perhaps not, but it does not have to match her personality. There are many artists that will tell you that the persona we see on stage is not how they really are in their personal lives. Many fans today are getting shocked over Lili's tattoos. They're finding out that their little Lolita has grown up. I think she would do great in small halls and clubs.

Could you actually see Alizée doing this song? If so, how do you see her performing it?