Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher King View Post
That is indeed one of the videos I seek. What leads me to believe there is an extended version of it is the fact that long ago, but not so long that I may have imagined it, I saw different pieces of the same scene but longer, and in color rather than black and white. I have attempted to reference this old clip to demonstrate, but I wasn't able to find it. It is such obscure footage, but to me the most important Alizee content is with her alone, rather than public performances.

The main reason being immersion, allowing the mind to escape to a tranquil setting with just her, as opposed to all these interviews and appearances where I am forced to look upon dimwitted hosts who vaguely disrespect her in foreign languages and make her uncomfortable, female audience members who gaze at her with utter contempt because of their damn envy, 50 year old men who are consumed with disgraceful lust and follow her to every show waving childish flags around, etc...

To some (myself included), Alizee represents an ideal, a pure fantasy based on aesthetic qualities such as her beauty, maturity and grace. But to others (whom I have no desire to judge), all they see is her public persona, her "real life" character. They concern themselves with her private life, what kind of clothes she buys her child, where she likes to eat pastries, and so much other irrelevant nonsense that their entire interest in Alizee diverges from idealogical attraction into some kind of damn social politic. (which in turn leads to degenerate arguments and debates on various forums that resort to random personal insults, fabricated information regarding Alizee's personal life, and a whole host of other displays of ignorance which make those who read it almost forget why they took interest in Alizee in the first place. It wasn't the politics, not for me at least.)

Forgive the rant, I merely wished to express why such seemingly insignificant videos are so important to me, and why I am not satisfied with the more readily available content. But if any of you have the idea that perhaps I should abandon my interest in Alizee because I won't ever find what I'm looking for in her, you can all go to........I'd say Hell, but looking at the world today, I think we're already there.

I do appreciate the response though, and I will continue my search with what little hope there is.
I think im in love