Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default It's been three years!

Today I've been celebrating. Three years ago today I first learned of Alizée. It took a few days before the full effect hit, and of course the full buzz has faded since. Finding out about her made me ignore all the things that were bothering me, (as well as some I should probably be a little concerned with) it's been a wonderful three years so far. I expect many more. I have no idea yet how it all happened. I suspect that it seems to me that we share at least a few traits, though hardly many. I sometimes wish I had discovered her sooner, but I'm happy that I eventually did.

I ended my day of celebration by watching the En Concert DVD one more time. Even though it is only reflects a few years of her career, without all the videos of appearances from back then, I probably wouldn't have learned about her at all.

Who knows how long she will still be singing and dancing for us? I hope it's a long time, but doesn't matter to me. I'll always be her fan.

It feels to me that she has given me so much. I try to repay her via my small efforts of support. I'll never be able to. Well, on the slim chance she is bored one afternoon and visits the forum, once again, thanks Alizée!

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 04-26-2015 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: To say "Thanks again, Alizée!"
Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's kind of a concidence, but I watched En Concert last night too. It was 8 years back in February that I first saw that image for her Google video where she sang La Isla Bonita . I've resigned myself to the fact that there may never be the thing I hope for most and that is another album with an autograph session and hopefully concerts to follow, but that doesn't matter "if" it is that way.

I fell in love with the performer on day 1, but somewhere else along the line, I fell in love with the person and that's more what keeps me following her now. I'm hoping for some more Les Enfoires appearances and maybe an occassional appearance on a musical show where she'll perform, but no matter how thin things might get as far as the things I'd like to see, I'll probably be following her every day because that's what I enjoy.

I do have the feeling though, that just like En Concert, Stars a Domicle, Les Enfoires and now Dancing with the Stars were amazing chapters and stories in her life and career, I think there will be some more amazing chapters to follow and hopefully, I'll get to see her again!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-27-2015 at 12:15 PM..
Old 03-13-2016, 04:02 PM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road

As many before it was the J'en Ai Marre video on Youtube. I don't remember what was I even searching for, since I'm usually watching completely different stuff, but it showed among the related videos and I clicked it... Perhaps it was better not to. I was shocked when I saw her, the most beautiful woman I have seen until then. Then I watched La Isla Bonita, Moi Lolita and Ella elle l'a and ended up in love with Alizée.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:30 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaccio View Post
Perhaps it was better not to.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Today I've been celebrating. Three years ago today I first learned of Alizée. It took a few days before the full effect hit, and of course the full buzz has faded since. Finding out about her made me ignore all the things that were bothering me, (as well as some I should probably be a little concerned with) it's been a wonderful three years so far. I expect many more. I have no idea yet how it all happened. I suspect that it seems to me that we share at least a few traits, though hardly many. I sometimes wish I had discovered her sooner, but I'm happy that I eventually did.

I ended my day of celebration by watching the En Concert DVD one more time. Even though it is only reflects a few years of her career, without all the videos of appearances from back then, I probably wouldn't have learned about her at all.

Who knows how long she will still be singing and dancing for us? I hope it's a long time, but doesn't matter to me. I'll always be her fan.

It feels to me that she has given me so much. I try to repay her via my small efforts of support. I'll never be able to. Well, on the slim chance she is bored one afternoon and visits the forum, once again, thanks Alizée!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's kind of a concidence, but I watched En Concert last night too. It was 8 years back in February that I first saw that image for her Google video where she sang La Isla Bonita . I've resigned myself to the fact that there may never be the thing I hope for most and that is another album with an autograph session and hopefully concerts to follow, but that doesn't matter "if" it is that way.

I fell in love with the performer on day 1, but somewhere else along the line, I fell in love with the person and that's more what keeps me following her now. I'm hoping for some more Les Enfoires appearances and maybe an occassional appearance on a musical show where she'll perform, but no matter how thin things might get as far as the things I'd like to see, I'll probably be following her every day because that's what I enjoy.

I do have the feeling though, that just like En Concert, Stars a Domicle, Les Enfoires and now Dancing with the Stars were amazing chapters and stories in her life and career, I think there will be some more amazing chapters to follow and hopefully, I'll get to see her again!
This is why I luv all you guys and her too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-01-2017, 07:23 AM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how I discovered her but quite surely I just stumbled across her videos on Youtube and became interested. Moi Lolita was the only song that rang a bell, I had definitely heard that one before, but the hypnotising movements in the other videos did the trick. This was in 2014, after which I forgot about her for a couple of years, probably because I was seriously getting into some other bands at the time and didn't care about different music much. Recently, I saw some pictures of Alizee again and decided to give her stuff another go. This time, I'm much more captivated .
Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I can't believe it has been already 11 years since I first discovered her. I was 45 at the time. I had a 16 year old son who was obsessed with playing World of Warcraft. We used to play a lot of games together (COD, Battlefield, etc.), and he kept asking me to play WoW with him. Being a little concerned with the content of this role-playing fantasy game along with wanting to know more about the purpose of this game, I went online to some game forums and started reading posts on Wow. There was a post about how a character in the game (Night Elf) mimicked the dance of a certain French pop artist, and they provided a link. It went JEAM on YouTube. The Dance of the Night Elf is the part in JEAM when she flutters her fingers behind her. Just like everybody else here, was totally blown away by this girl and never looked back.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Nice Story . This dance has helped a lot of people discover her. 11 years is a long time! If you don't mind me asking, I'm wondering why you have not registered in a forum much earlier?

Last edited by kulli; 12-01-2017 at 01:12 PM..
Old 12-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Nice Story . This dance has helped a lot of people discover her. 11 years is a long time! If you don't mind me asking, I'm wondering why you have not registered in a forum much earlier?
I have not been a fan of anybody in the entertainment industry to this level in my life, so I haven't been exposed to "fan sites". I never looked for one, and didn't even know this site existed until recently.

For probably a bigger reason, my adoration of Alizee had to be a big secret during these 11 years. After 18 years of marriage, it was on its way to eventual failure in a way I could not stop. Alizee and her smile brought me much joy. Also, living in very conservative Texas and me being 20 years older than Alizee, it would be of great risk to share my discovery with anybody and not be accused of being thought of as a you know what.

The middle of those 11 years brought a lot of life changes, with a divorce and losing almost everything I worked for. Alizee was there always to cheer me up when I needed it. I have met a wonderful woman since and moved to a northern state to be with her. I was newly in love, getting used to a new city and job, and didn't follow Alizee much during those few years. I then rediscovered Alizee, and she had more music and videos to catch up on. I then realized how much I missed this woman. I find her even more amazing than I did back at the beginning, and appreciate a lot of the little things I missed before, like her facial expressions that make me melt.

I was curious about her divorce and did a internet search, and ran into this site, lurked a while, then joined. So glad I found it!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I have not been a fan of anybody in the entertainment industry to this level in my life, so I haven't been exposed to "fan sites". I never looked for one, and didn't even know this site existed until recently.

For probably a bigger reason, my adoration of Alizee had to be a big secret during these 11 years. After 18 years of marriage, it was on its way to eventual failure in a way I could not stop. Alizee and her smile brought me much joy. Also, living in very conservative Texas and me being 20 years older than Alizee, it would be of great risk to share my discovery with anybody and not be accused of being thought of as a you know what.

The middle of those 11 years brought a lot of life changes, with a divorce and losing almost everything I worked for. Alizee was there always to cheer me up when I needed it. I have met a wonderful woman since and moved to a northern state to be with her. I was newly in love, getting used to a new city and job, and didn't follow Alizee much during those few years. I then rediscovered Alizee, and she had more music and videos to catch up on. I then realized how much I missed this woman. I find her even more amazing than I did back at the beginning, and appreciate a lot of the little things I missed before, like her facial expressions that make me melt.

I was curious about her divorce and did a internet search, and ran into this site, lurked a while, then joined. So glad I found it!
A lot of this sounds similar to my life. One exception was I did not keep her a secret from anyone, not coworkers, nor family. Maybe that was a mistake, maybe not. She had such an impact on my life, I thought she was sure to have the same effect on others, but though I'm sure a lot of people I introduced her to were impressed with her beauty and abilities, they lost interest for one main reason; they didn't understand the language.

Of course for an older man to follow a young singer, many people think of it in a negative way, even my own sister who despite me trying to explain why Alizee had such a major impact on my life, has never been willing to hear the 'whole' story. But almost 11 years later, I make it no secret I still follow her and when ever a coworker asks "Do you still follow her?". I say yes and it usually brings a smile to my face they don't understand.